Time to start firing from all cylinders against Man City – predicted Line-Up

imagesCATIPGJL

Arsenal have a fully fit squad and nothing is happening in the Transfer Window, and on Sunday we face last year’s champions in a crucial match. A win against MC, followed by a win against the Hammers (our game in hand) means we would only be five points behind second spot in the league; lose it, and we are unlikely to catch up with the Northern Oilers this season.

But, it is not just these sort of mathematics which are at stake on Sunday. Arsenal are desperate for a performance of high merit; a victory that will tell anyone how good this team really can be. This encounter with Manchester City will also be a good opportunity for our players to prove to themselves that they can fight for top prices this season, as I am sure a win on Sunday will be a huge boost to morale and collective self-belief.

Arsenal really need to perform on Sunday and fire from all cylinders. There is a lot of dissatisfaction out there, as a poisonous cocktail is brewing as a result of a relatively low league position and continuous lack of activity in the transfer window. Arsene’s mixed messages regarding buying players in this transfer window are not helping either.

I dread to think what the atmosphere would be like if we are beaten on Sunday, and I hope Arsene and the players realise this is a must-win game for us. A draw would not necessarily be the end of the world, but in order to gather proper momentum this season and to get the fans once again fully behind the team, we really need a victory.

Arsenal played arguably their best game of the season until now against Man City during the away fixture, and we need a similar performance against them on Sunday, with an added deadliness in front of goal.

Possible Line-Up:

As Giroud is only 50:50 fit, and Arsene is unlikely to play him and Theo both again against MC anyway – as it forces him to play something close to 4-4-2 which he has abandoned many years ago, and does not seem to be willing to return to anytime soon  - I reckon we will start with TOP in attack: Theo in the centre and Ox and Pod on the wings.

In defence, Arsene has to decide what to do with his captain: will he start again with the same back-four as against Swansea? I reckon he will, despite the errors made during that game. Mertesacker always gets better the more games he plays and we need his intelligence and organisational skills. Koscielny is a fantastic CB who also gets better with every game he plays; and the German and Frenchman form our best CB-couple. I reckon Sagna and Gibbs will start on the right and left.

As per some posts I wrote recently, it is the midfield where we need to make a change. Arteta and Santi have been overused and look jaded at times as a result of this. However, I cannot see Arsene leaving Arteta out against MC, and he will be equally reluctant to leave Cazorla out. The whole team had a rest for a week, so we should expect to see an unchanged midfield on Sunday.

But, Arsene needs to do something, and with Diaby and Rosicky fit again, he has some fine options. I am sure Diaby will not start against MC, but my gut feeling tells me that he will include Rosicky in the line-up for either Santi or Jack.

Predicted line-up:

———–Szczesny————

Sagna—BFG—Koz—Gibbs

——-Arteta—Jack———–

———–Rosicky————-

Ox———Theo———-Pod

I would also not be surprised if we see Cazorla start on the wing instead of Ox or Pod.

I cannot wait till the game on Sunday. All our players have to press MC continuously, and they need to play a compact game, and support each other all over the pitch. Most importantly, chances need to be taken when they arrive and all our attackers must be firing from all cylinders. Let’s also hope our defence will perform at their very best on Sunday.

Let’s forget about everything else and just focus on this crucial match: it will tell us so much about our team, and how our season is likely to pen out.

Written by: Total Arsenal.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

112 Responses to Time to start firing from all cylinders against Man City – predicted Line-Up

We do indeed need to turn up and be counted this Sunday. I dread to think what the crowd might do if we perform in a lethargic manner.

I think Wenger will make three changes to your line up
    Vermaeken instead of Kos
    Cazorla instead of Rosicky
    Ramsey instead of Ox

hope you’re wrong about that line up, Vicky. We need proper wing-play, and therefore Ox to play imo

I agree Total. I was only stating what I thought Wenger would do.

My side would be totally different. I would play a 3-5-2 formation against Man City this Sunday.

PIG

Kos…….BFG……Verm

Sagna……Jack……Arteta……Rosicky…….Gibbs

Theo……Pod.

Good Afternoon

I was going to say that there will be three changes to your line up TA, but Vicks has beat me to it. For me, Verm and Santi our sure to play, and Ramsey will be bought in to flood the midfield.

Of course its a very difficult game. We have to play very well and elIminate any mistakes if we are to get a result. We also have to hope that there forwards have an off day and miss there chances. But apart from that, we should be ok. hahahaha

Vicks, my flirting with relegation 5:

Arsenal 5-0
    Sunderland
    Norwich
    Fulham
    Utd-Liverpool Draw

I know. :)

Now that line-up I could get excited about!

Hi Terry, thanks for your entries.

Your odds are ……97-1

Rockys odds are 37-1 (only four entries) If you are watching Rocky, please submit another fixture. You only posted four selections…..Everton/Wigan/Spurs = wins + MU v Pool draw.

I’m still waiting for entries from the following.

Alex
    Oz
    PPP
    The Gooner
    Herb.

Cheers guys

Total 14:11……I know, GLiC told me you were easily pleased…… :-)

@VCC.. Ramsey is oke .. but not for AM..
    So I almost agree with TA except for Rosicky but Cazorla..
    Remember last game again Swansea.. with Ramsey for AM and Cazorla for RW just didn’t work..
    Maybe it will work if Rosicky is the AM insteed Ramsey.. for first-half.. then change if not working good..

And I prefer Kos insteed of Verm.. Because We need Kos style to cut Tevez and silva.. Verm just can’t do that kind of jobs..
    But maybe 3-5-2 will gave them a shock.. hehe.. but I’m afraid We ourself will be shock first.. hehe.. to risky for such an important game.. but who knows.??

Henry,

I think if we had 5 in midfield it would stifle any threat that City would pose, and don’t forget Nasri and Yaya are not playing so maybe we can dominate this area.

As Sagna and Gibbs are athletic they can get forward and assist Theo and Pod quickly and have the ability to retreat and help the defence out just as promptly.

Theo and Pod would give us strong possibilities with scoring as Theo has the pace and Pod has the power.

BFG/Kos/Verm I think could cope with Tevez.

PIG, will be up for this to prove he is as good if not better than Hart.

I’m really looking forward to this one and hope we have plenty of energy and pep about us. If not I’m going to take my boots and show em how to do it hehehe. ;-)

11. glic says:

Evening Trannycobs :lol:

Lets take it to the Thai Lady Man City ( Their 1st XI, their youths are known as Thai Lady Boys City ). They have a few missing, Yaya is up and down like a Yoyo sucking on Gervinho`s forehead somewhere in Africa. Aguero has pulled a muscle in his Rectum after the late arrival of his Father in Law, a one Mr Maradona and Samir Nasri is banned for being a fat c**t they cant get on the coach !. I`m not sure, but I think Tevez has been taken back to the Leper Colony. hahaha

Back from Orcland, it`s now on a Friday. I`ve lost a days work due to cut backs, so only work on a Tuesday, Friday and Saturday, more time to chase myself around the house and rogger myself, lucky me !. hahaha

Redders, I hope all goes well in the coming weeks buddy and I`ll be thinking nice things for you all the time…..obviously apart from when I catch myself when playing Uni Kiss Chase !.

How about we carry on your predictions untill your ready again ?, a sort of guest predictor every week ( they do the same thing on H&J on Talksport, when either H or J are on leave ! ). What do you think ?. :)

({‘}) What does that remind you of ?……using my name is not allowed ! hahaha

12. Red Arse says:

Glic, :D :D

I would be very happy to agree a to a guest prediction for me while I am unavailable, if VCC thinks it would be OK.

Herb? :D

13. Red Arse says:

Yep, definitely Herb — {‘} — he could use that as an Avatar.

Of course it could also be ‘Terry/Ollie Stretcher’ – or even the Dutch Clog! But Herb gets my vote!! :D

14. thegooner19 says:

Evening Gentlemen,

Massive game this weekend, and I really hope we can start off this stretch of tough games with a big win! TA, as you pointed out, I think Cazorla will start over Rosicky, but unlike VCC I definitely see Ox starting after being rested in the FA Cup. We’ll likely see Ramsey start vs. Swansea next week in the Cup again. It’s no secret that AW grinds his players into the ground until they’re injured, but it appears it’s only ever obvious to the fans…if he isn’t going to put faith in his current subs, he might as well transfer them out and bring in new players that can rotate with our current starters.

VCC, my UMF league picks are as follows:

Arsenal vs. Man $hitty draw
    Sunderland vs. West Ham draw
    Spuds win
    WBA win
    Chel$ea win
    Manure win

15. glic says:

Hi Redders :)

As a guest predictor, I would do you proud, if not , address complaints to my mirror !. hahaha

16. glic says:

So if it`s OK with Vicky from Elm Street, I will be the first Red Arse guest predictor !.

17. glic says:

Your never going to Master the 96 position, thats why you have not had any for years, so get on here and OK the guest predictor !. hahaha

Evening guys :)

I reckon it should be somebody different every week, until Redders feels he can do his own predictions again!

Hi TG, I am a gut-instinct kind a guy, and I reckon Arsene will make a significant change on Sunday. Rosicky to start: it has to be!! :)

19. glic says:

I did say ” first ” Dr Van Cloggenstein and not , First , second, third , forth…oh f**k it I`ll do the lot !. Now get in the queue !. hahaha

Glic, you are once again in fine form. The worry is that when you actually get serious with ‘your’ predictions, RA might even do better than he is doing now.

One thing I am not sure about re the new scoring system: why would anybody predict a winner? You can only get one point, where as you would predict the loser in the same match you can get two points….

21. glic says:

Do my comments have a cyber DNA profile ? , a web finger print ?. How come people know it`s me, even when I change my name and avatar ?. Do I have a certain style ?. A cyber signiture ?. hahahaha

22. glic says:

If and agreed. I will detach myself from my mirror and try to think like Redders when predicting. I will do a cyber Vulcan mind meld and enter the inner sanctum of Brainiacs head, lets just hope i dont detour into his massive dic…….tionary !. hahaha

23. Red Arse says:

Ther is only one nutty, Glic!!! :-)

24. Herb'sArmy says:

Have I missed something? I might sound dim here, but it’s gone right over my head.

25. Red Arse says:

You are certainly not dim, Herb. :-)

If you are referring to Glic’s “who does this remind you of?” depiction.

I guessed it was your namesake Herbert Chapman, who was sometimes shown wearing the bowler hat common of businessmen of the time, in silhouette!!

It is creative — {‘} — can you see it? :D

He did not reply to my guess, so maybe he, you or others would have different ideas.

26. Red Arse says:

Herb,

If on the other hand you are asking what Glic meant by his cryptic DNA query — that is because he has been very funny, and very naughty on AA, under a pseudonym. :D

Hi Guys, sorry im late tonight but just been performing my family chores….completing my ninety sixes. Wow, im all flushed up now.

GLiCtorious, that’s a fine idea, if you would be so kind as submit 5 predictions for Red Arse this week please. That’s a real camaraderie thing to do.

Herb…..If you don’t get your finger out and give me 5 predictions, tute sweet, you’ll get something over your head alright.

Herb…..Please forgive me , I meant to put a :-)

at the end. doh

TheGooner….your odds are 161-1. cheers

30. Herb'sArmy says:

Redders :D I got the ‘Herbert Chapman on Football’ book from Waterstones, yet to read it though. Sorry to hear about your health problems and pulling out of the UMF 1 League. Hope things improve for you.
    Sorry, VCC, I’ve had a lot on, you’ll get my selections before kick-off tomorrow.
    Back in a while, goodnight to those who won’t be around.

31. >;-#’@&()$%£ = My predictions are as follows:

E/<{@}{#*%$£%^&*(*&"£/[];# = Everton. Win

N)(&$%${:@?+(I&^:}{)%,[[ = Norwich. Win

S+_(*&%%^:@}{{>t%s = ManU . Win

)(*&^£"£$@}{{:>>[';/~#)(£%^}~@>]‘.})(^$%7}”’=(&@{.;’[][]~@:{}{{((*&^”#;. = How the F**k do I get out of this mind meld ? :shock:

}{^}{^}{^ = hahaha

hahaha Glixter :D

33. ))(*^@>@{}@)(&*][';/' + = and

'];’;)*^%%^]””)(8^$@}@?>7^^*)9~= Sunderland and Stoke to draw !

(*^%^>>;.+))(&&}@?>#]/£%%*+_*~@@’#].}’}@:@>>>{}:)*&$%%&*}@’;;.][? = Now what happens when I shove the shiney red thing into the reactor ?

I need one more GLiC…that’s only four

35. )(%%}@@?”’_(*&^%4}@@ = Sorry

)87>@@:>@)(^^%£$?>”/’][[(*&^%$£$%&][';.,'()(*&*&^^%4}>';_&%%4/,'[';[]@[ = Both Sunderland and Stoke to draw their games !.

**&&%%$&(*';/.';_)(**&%£"£^}@'']”@O)^&}@@’#;/.’;)*&^%^89_$$^]’/;.>@}-}’;. = Now dont interrupt me Zimmerdine, I`m reading War and Peace in 000000.1 mili seconds !.

/?$%<@: (*#! [{+_$# please

(:#{}[[[]}}{^&fGG69 = that’s the same five as yours…….????????

{}_+}}{{}{{/?;;;>::;….. = bet you checked didn’t you. hehehe ;-)

39. *&^%^&~>>>@/;.[.}{}?>?>&%$££$%'/] = Now listen…. Zim, nice but Dim, it doesn`t take a Redders to work out I`ve put up the 5 predictions already ! Next week you can do the mind meld via your Zimmerframe !. }{^}{“}{^ = hahaha

Red Arse Imposter odds = 60-1

hows the love shack GLiC?

42. glic says:

So Vics, what happened with SkyFall ?

would be nice if you could install a Wurlitzer.

44. glic says:

Nearly all the ground works are done, building should start on 28th this month !.

had a domestic third of the way through hehehehe

46. glic says:

I`d love one, bloody expensive though !.

so the champers could be on my birthday 24th next month

48. glic says:

hahaha I had a domestic many years ago before we got in the Cinema, I wanted to see Unforgiven (A Clint Western ) and I got my way eventually, only for me to fall asleep half way through the film, which caused a domestic afterwards which I`m always reminded of !. hahaha

youd better get to bed. up early 2moz to orcland.

50. glic says:

Done that today, Fridays are Orc days now !. Charlestown tomorrow !.

51. glic says:

Nite Vics and BKers ! :)

oh sorry….local deliveries tomorrow then. wot do u deliver?

53. glic says:

All the big cakes and pies ( Chocolate Fudge , Cheese Cakes etc ) you see in the Restaurents, Garden Centers, etc !.

nite nite GLiC

Morning all..
    It is a must win game.. If We win then We still in a right way to the top.. hehe..

And City.. lucky us.. just don’t have dna of defensive play.. they copy us for offensive one.. and We will absolutely win an open space battle.. hehe..
    Especially without Toure brothers in their team.. and Diaby is back.. We will win the midfield.. Nasri who..??
    We have a better team.. and We never lost for city in Emirates.. So I will predict a 5-2 score.. hehe..

Go Gunners..

56. Herb'sArmy says:

My selections:

Norwich v Newcastle – draw
    Tottenham – win
    West Brom – win
    Chelsea – win
    Sunderland v West Ham draw

57. oz gunner says:

@ VCC

already sent my tips in yesterday, getting forgetful in your old age, or did the housework get you too flustered :)

@ TA

cheers for the pre-match, I wish the game was on today, I hate Sunday games!
    I’d love to see that line-up get a run out! Yaya will be a big miss for them.
    We always show up against City so I’m looking forward to this one

58. Arse Red says:

Arse Red’s prognostications for the forthcoming weekend:

Royal Arsenal v City – After serious contemplation I predict: Draw
    Newton Heath L&YR F.C. to beat Liverpool F.C. and Athletic Grounds Ltd
    Evertonians will be triumphant
    Tottenham will reign supreme against Harry and his band of misfits
    Lastly, Chelsea should be victorious in their battle against Stoke

59. alexgunners says:

Hi TA,
    It is a massive match for us,We need to perform like we did at Eticash stadium. We are just over half way through our season and is we are going to finish in a respectable position, we need to win this game and also again Liverpool.
    As for the lineup, i agree with it and as much as i would like to see Rosicky linking up between our midfielders and our forwards i don’t know if he is up to it. He just has not played enough.
    On the other hand Santi needs a rest and there is no such thing as an easy game for us in which to rest him. It’s a tough call.

Time for us to step up against ManShitty and show what we are made off

60. alexgunners says:

Hi VCC,

Sorry a little late with my tips.
    Here they are:

Stoke x Chelski (Away)
    Reading x WBA (Away)
    QPR x Spuds (Away)
    Sunderland x WHam (Away) – Chamakh to score (lol)
    The Arsenal x ManShitty (Home)
    ManUre x LPool (Away)

Thanks

Morning all.

Oz odds ………..57-1
    Alexgunner…..331-1
    Herb…………….89-1

Lowest odds this week is Rocky with 37-1. Highest odds goes to Total with 470-1.

It’s very noticeable the odds have soared since introducing the new scoring of one point for home, two points for away and three points for draw.

It’s also worth noting that no one has got all predictions correct, out of a five/six prediction sheet,so that’s proof it’s not always worth chasing the dragon. Proving a 5-1 winner is better than a 300-1 loser.

It’s also proof there is never such a thing as a poor bookie, only a poor (stupid) gambler. So my fellow BKers, let that be a warning, stay out of the gambling shops.

If any BKer is found inside or even loitering outside a gambling institution I will personally come and smash them over the head with my Zimmerframe. Let that be a warning.

Spend your money on alcohol and women, it’s much more fun……. ;-)

Vicks, hahahaha, thats the best bit of advice ive had for ages.

63. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Morning my esteemed muvverz, how are we? :-)

@ Total (and any other celebrity authors i may have missed), firstly thanks for taking the time to write and continually produce top quality work for us BK’rs to read and dissect until bed time comes around. Sorry i havn’t been around to contribute as Birthday celebrations took a detour, and ‘freddies’ seemed to dictate where we ended up. I’ll take the fifth ;-)

@ Total, Herbert, and any other BK’rs i may have offended.
    I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to you Herb, for dircectly calling you a cancer to our club. Regardless of what i may or may not believe, it was at the end of the day- ‘poor form’ and something im not proud of.
    I would also like to apologise to Total for my actions. It got heated in my corner and i lost my cool. In turn my apology also extends to any other BK’rs who i may have unintentionally offended and for that split second-making the blog about us (Herb and I).

@ Redders, thanks for being the voice of reason and keeping the peace on that day..Respect mate.

@ Victorious, may i offer you my “acci”

QPRoosters v Spudzz = Draw
    Villains v Soton = Draw
    Narrich v Zebras = Draw
    Sundryland v West Bacon = Draw
    Manure v Dippers = Draw
    Chelski = Win

@ Glictoramaus, dont think your comments go unnoticed buddy. Its my favourite past time.
    95% of males do it, and 5% are just plain liars. hahahahaha

Right, off to catch up. Till later ugly ducklings :-)

64. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

oh and by the way..

@Terry, i love your comments and your reasoning behind them. Top top form on AA, a joy to read and thank you for the education i have recieved from day one. Infectious is your middle name and we can never ever have too many Gooners like yourself. Glasses up-chink chink

Prince, happy birthday my friend.

Ive got myself in bother by responding to an idiot on AA. The guy happens to live in Australia.

I would like to put on record that i have the utmost respect for our overseas bloggers. its easy for me. Tommorow i jump on a tube and 20 minutes am at the game. For Gooners who live abroad (or in Cornwall hahaha) it requires more effort and just shows there devotion.

When you and Oz come over to London, let me know in advance and i will make sure you get tickets.

66. oz gunner says:

Well PPP you’ve offended both Alex and myself, your own compatriots!!! :)

Happy birthday, hope you had a good one. Thank you for your comments, always quality and always spot on the money

@ Terry

cheers, you are too kind! It’s that good that it’d be worth the heavy breathing you’d do when watching over me as i sleep. Your kind gesture would be enough to excuse it for asthma! :)

Dont get me excited Oz. hahahaha

68. steve says:

Has any of u thought of Chuks Aneke solving our midfield problem this season? My take on this is that wenger should call him back from the championship club where he is on loan, to help our team, I believe he will be quite useful and effective, or He should be called back from loan, then loan him out again, but this time to a premiership club where he will get enough playing time and also learn,. Clubs like wigan, westbrom, southampton, norwich, swamsea, etc will be good for him to get the necessary premier league experience, to prepare him for next season. He has the pace, power, physical presence, he tackles, thou he really needs to improve on the accuracy of his tackles. The way I see it, wenger will not buy any Defensive midfielder, chuks is a box to box midfielder that can also serve the purpose. …..what’s ur take people? …@totalArseenal as well

69. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

@Oz, huh??
    Am i due for another apology already? :-)
    Oz, you know i appreciate your comments (unless its some drivel about Nth Melb ;-) ) and i always enjoy watching the game and ‘knee-jerk commenting’ with you on AA. haha
    As for Alex, i did let him know at New Years i was happy he was on board and asked where he was based in Sydney… No Reply, so i decided to stop stalking. haha

@ Terry Infectious, your a champion. I will hold you to that ticket offer. :-)
    As for the extra effort for international gooners- dont be silly…. Its my way of life, and i wouldnt have it any other way….well maybe just change my adress to N5 :-)

As for your mate, specsofcum, i hear he lives in Oz’s neck of the woods. You know, Oz could make it so ‘he goes missing for a while’….he is good with that forensic stuff. haha

@Oz, i dont know your plans over the next 2 seasons, but we should seriously consider travelling over to the capital for a game. ‘Terry exchange’ has some tickets, and it would be a blast to visit the ‘crazy gang’

70. oz gunner says:

@ Steve

Fair call, i’m a big big fan of chucks but it’s too early. If frimpong and coquelin can’t get a go then he is too far down Arsene’s list.

@ Terry

hahaha

71. steve says:

@OZ gunner

Chuks is far better than frimpong. Yes coquelin is good and more experienced, but he lacks the physical strength and presence, which is where chuks comes in. In addition, if coquelin is given the kind of opportunity given to ramsey(both in defensive and attacking positions), he has what it takes to be one of the best midfielders in the world, in 2 or 3 years time.

PPP, your odds are 670-1. …That’s blown Totals out of the water buddy. You almost had a posse out looking for you, you bad boy. The last one of the dirty dozen to post their entries.

Just got all twelve in before KO time. Many thanks again all for participating.

Wishing you well Red Arse.

Happy Birthday Prince. How about a speech or song?

COYG

Afternoon fine fellow Gooners!! :)

PPP – you are a man of high merit: well done, Sir! :)

Oh, and happy, Freddie birthday!

Hi Alex, remember the first half against Olympiacos: Rosicky ran the show. You have got a point though, it is a risk to play after such a long injury lay-off: he might be rusty.

Hi Henry, 5-2 again?! You and Terry share the same DNA my friend! :)

Hi Steve :)

I am excited about Chuckster too, but experience is so important in the deeper midfield role in our formation: we need the physical attributes that Chucks has but also good positioning, reading of the game and good passing of the ball. I reckon he ain’t there yet at the moment.

What do you make of Eisfeld?

76. Steve says:

Eisfeld is quality and should get a start soon.

77. steve says:

another striker I will love To see in arsenal in ADAM SZALAI, he is quality. check out this video of him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCnb0fZwfJg&feature=player_detailpage

78. steve says:

@totalarsenal, well, u are right, but he is not tHat bad. also, tHats why i said he should be loaned to a premiership club from now till the end of d Season, am sure he will be far better for next season. eisfeld has potentials, but he is just an attacking midfielder. he needs to work on his strength, add a lil weight and also work haRd On ThE PITch

all agreed steve! Chucks is one to keep our eye on. I reckon Eisfeld has got so much going for him. His reading of the game and positioning is so good, he is a great passer and a fine finisher too. A super prospect and I cannot wait to see him in the first team in the PL.

80. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Sandro off injured! Looked bad.Come on Rangers!!

Hi Total, thanks for the pre-match. I dont think Arsene will be changing his line up. The old saying ‘why fix it, if it ain’t broke’ will apply. (4 wins and a draw) is great form if you ask me, and on paper it looks fantastic.
    Currently, our teams’ displays are not of the true Wengerball that we have come to expect or enjoyed in the past, but this is not a reason to go chop and change a winning team that will only find their feet and start gelling through practise and match time together. If not for rotation and red zones i too would stick with the same line up and keep Diaby and Rosa fresh on the bench.

In terms of the title race, this game is more important to Shitty. I believe Mancinis job is on the line, and a loss of points to us will be game over if manure can topple pool. This will work in our favour. imo it will not be a case of shitty bringing and parking the bus as they have in the past, a draw is no good for them anymore and im sure we will see them come at us and attack.

Excellent (Montgomery Burns voice over ;-) )

This will suit us fine. To be honest, ive seen Shitty try to press and for me its a weakness for them as it is for us. Without Aguerro, they have nobody to run around and pester our backline, Tevez is lazy in this regard and we should have their measure if we can isolate Silva and suffogate his distribution. Besides im not worried when we play the big games (manure aside) we’r always up for the fight with the top teams. Its against the lesser teams that we lose our composure, and complacency sets in.

Back to the line up, if there is to be a change for us it will be Ramsey in to slot on one of the wings. Wenger seems to like this tactic as Ramsey can tuck in and shore up our midfield ala ‘the Romford pele’. Personally i dont like it when Arsene uses this set up as we seem to lose our shape throughout parts of a game, but i can see Rosa coming on to make a difference once weve dominated them for the 60min.

Some people may also be expecting to see Dzeko start for them.? I think it might be a case of deja vu and we will see Balotelli start to try rustle up some feathers.

Dont worry Mario, Sagna has not forgotten and he will be waiting :-)

I expect a tight game with plenty of cards, and scores locked at half time.
    Substitutions will be the difference tommorrow………….imo. haha

There you go Glic, now you know how its gonna pan out you dont need the sofa tommorrow :-)

81. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

wow, im worse than goonerB.

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys, a win would be the icing……

Steve, would be great if you could tell us where you are based, how long you have been supporting Arsenal, who your favourite player is (currently and/or historically) etc?

Hi PPP

You’re probably right not starting Rosicky, but Wenger knows his formation/line up are not working despite recent results, and I expect Wenger to make at least one change in midfield

84. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Well done QPR, somebody is smiling over us :-)

85. Herb'sArmy says:

PPP, apology accepted, and many happy returns.
    You may or may not remember, and probably care even less, a while ago, mid-afternoon here, so probably late night – early morning for you, a certain blogger berated you for double-posting over on ‘AA’, and I reminded that blogger that they had done exactly the same thing themselves. In that same comment I also said that some manners and a bit of respect wouldn’t go amiss. They responded by saying they ‘was only joking’ which is always easy to say after the event, and in the absence of a ‘smiley’, I wasn’t convinced. My comment was removed without explanation.
    Suffice to say, on the back of this blog ‘spat’ early the next morning the same blogger went apoplectic, calling me ‘unhinged’, ‘dangerous’, and that the Police should be sent to ‘deal’ with me. Rasp and Peaches did nothing about it, which is why I no longer comment on there.
    And that in essence is why I was angered and disappointed by your criticism, added to the fact that I have friends who are suffering/dying with cancer.

86. Alexgunners says:

@ppp

Sorry mate, you are right I did not get back to you. I am actually from Melbourne.

87. alexgunners says:

Damn new phone. I forgot to log in

@ppp

Well done QPR. Helps Arsenal out and also three points in UMF 1 for me. ;-)

89. alexgunners says:

@vcc

It doesn’t help me but it does help us.
    Lets make it count tomorrow.

Spuds looked flat and lacked invention in second half. Shame Shaun RP lost his footing when put through by the best player on the pitch Taarabt. CoYG!

91. steve says:

@TotalArsenal

I am a nigerian and currently live in nigeria. When I started supporting arsenal, I knew no player in arsenal, it was just the name that I heard and I fell inlove with this club, I was between 7 and 10 years when I started supporting arsenal and am now 28 years old. My current favourite arsenal players are ROSICKY first before others like, sagna, kosienly, wilshere, diaby, coquelin, sczney. these players I have special love for, thou I also like carzola, OX, walcolt, vermeer, ryo, samuel galindo, chuks, etc. As for historically, I can’t start naming them, they are much.

Total I see that incident with SWP. I’m sure as he wen to shoot he just clipped the ground before connecting with the ball. Oh what might have been. Under the circumstances I thought QPR played well. Contained Spurs and occasionally unlucky themselves. The first away game that Spurs failed to score in this season. Quite an achievement considering their plight at the moment.

I know most Gooners hate/don’t like Arry, but he is doing a fine job in getting the super hoops back on track. With a little bit of luck he might just do it. Fingers crossed.

93. Red Islington says:

I think most of us know we wont be shopping this january . There is no one out there for sale who is really any better than what we have , except those who are out of our wage limits and wouldnt want to play for us anyway .

94. glic says:

Afternoon Spasm Chasm`s :lol:

Well done Q(uickly) P(enetrates) R(ectum) and happy birthday Prince. I look forward to when you and Oz pop over for a game and seeing as you are a Prince, I will have to set you up with a Princess. I just hope you`ve got dodgy eyesight and hearing as Princess Vicky has a deep voice and rougher face than SuBO, but he`s….I mean she`s got a heart of gold !. hahaha

This has probably been on before, buy it is funny for obvious reasons !.

Total…can you read your emails please.

96. i think the best formation we can beat man city is:
    Szczesny
    jenkinson,, mertesacker,,vermaelen,,gibbs,, wilsher,,arteta..rosicky,,cazorla,,ox..
    giroud(walcott)

Hi abdirahman f

I am a big fan of 4-5-1 with a big man up-front (definitely not Theo in my view). I would swap Wilshere with Rosicky or Cazorla, but I like it very much.

VCC,have responded to your email, naughty boy ;)

99. Herb'sArmy says:

Decent day for us results-wise, Everton and Spurs blunted, WBA’s collapse at Reading, let’s hope we can take advantage tomorrow. Arsenal hasn’t been a happy hunting ground for MC, so that alone offers plenty of hope.
    Hi VCC, I saw your fascinating chat with GN5 about times past. Billy Wright wasn’t a great manager, as he rightly alluded to, but the majority of the side that won the ‘Double’ in 1970-71 were brought to the club by him, from which Bertie Mee profited, and then set about dis-mantling far too soon. Like most of the BoD at the time he was an old Etonian.
    I agree with your point about Cloughie and Taylor, and just as Taylor was a poor manager, Cloughie was no-where near the same force without Taylor.

Hi Bum Fluffers.

Here are the scores from the UMF League centre here in Sunny Miami.

The Patron and most Handsome f—– is sitting, sipping his Pina Colada with crushed ice, with a Swedish Blonde model on each arm ( both 25 years old) . mmmmmmmm eat your heart out GLiCxy. ;-)

This is the prize for the total overall leader this week. What a lucky so and so am I just the right week to be on top. 1st class flight to wonderful Miami.

Sitting on his rightful perch and the NEW Leader is (drum role….drdrdddrrrrrrrrrm)

Vicky, Victorious…..whoop whoop.

VCC……………….32
    Henry……………..31
    Herb……………….29
    Red Arse…………28
    Prince PP………..28
    Oz…………………..26
    The Gooner……..23
    TMHT………………23
    Total………………..23
    Rocky………………22
    Alexgunner……….17
    GLiC………………..15

Bottom of the league prize goes to GLiC.

It’s ONE ticket to the wheel tappers and shunters club of Wind swept Launcestown, Caaarnwall.

1/2 bottle of stout and half an arrowroot biscuit to go with it.

Well done GLiCxy, Enjoy.

Herb…your spot on about Bertie Mee dismantling that side far too quickly. Its always been a mystery to me????

Do you remember the Beverley sisters sitting in the directors box when Billy Wright was our manager? They were happy dayz, though not successful.

Clough and Taylor were pretty formidable pair.

103. glic says:

Obviously my mind meld must have clouded Redders predictions, lets hope I`m wrong with his final choice !.

104. Herb'sArmy says:

I started supporting Arsenal late 1960′s, VCC, around the time you were at Wembley watching Bobby Gould score against Swindon, so just after Billy Wright’s time, but I remember he was married to one of the Beverley sister’s.

Herb……he was married to the tallest one. She always used to stand in the middle of the other two when singing.

It’s funny when you support a football team Herb. We all have our favourites and some times wont let any thing be said against them, but knowing in the back of your mind they are not that special.

Bobby Gould was that type of player. As a guy and Arsenal player I liked him but he fell short of being a star for us.

GLiC…….what are you trying to do to poor old Redders.

There he is sipping his Remi Martin, smoking his King Edward cigar, and lazing back in his parker knowl, oblivious to the fact you have just knocked him off his perch and in fact demoted him into fourth place.

He will be distraught when he finds out. I suggest you move to Tottenham North London for your punishment.

I say, off with your head, you scoundrel. hahaha ;-)

I’m off now for the evening with my lovely 25 year old Swedish dishes to a downtown club in Miami.

What a prize. This could have been Redders if any one but GLiC was picked to make his predictions this week.

Never mind I will send some pictures to RA so he don’t get too down.

Latterz muvvers.

See you all 2moz

108. Herb'sArmy says:

True, VCC. My first hero was Charlie George, I was gutted when he left for Derby. That shows how long ago it was, the idea of Derby buying one of our star players now is laughable.

109. glic says:

I dont know the exact date when I became an Arsenal fan, but it must have been about 4 or 5 years old, when playing football with the big boys outside in the ” play street “, they were all Arsenal fans. My first game was Vs Sheff Utd , 6th Nov` 1965, a nice little 6-2 win !.
    I have the programme beside me, a few nostalgic pieces from the programme

Up and coming matches at the stadium :

Arsenal Vs Brazil XI ( inc` Pele )
    Arsenal Vs Moscow Dynamos ( I went to this “tour” match to see the great Lev Yashin )
    Arsenal U19 Vs England youth

There was a 2 page player profile on the best player never to play for England, George “Geordie” Armstrong, a legend, he died working for Arsenal !.

We were at the time, 7th in the League, Top of the Football Combination League, Top of the Metropolitan League and 2nd in the South-east Counties League.

The Team sheet for the day read :
    1 Jim Furnell ( goal )
    2 Don Howe ( righ back )
    3 Peter Storey ( left back )
    4 Frank Mclintock ( right half )
    5 Terry Neil ( centre half )
    6 David Court ( left half )
    7 George Armstrong ( outside right )
    8 John Radford ( inside right )
    9 Joe Baker (centre forward )
    10 Jon Sammels ( inside left )
    11 George Eastham ( outside left )
    One sub, TBA
    Different language then, no DM`s, AM`s, Wing Backs etc.

Even though I was only 9 years old , I looked up at the Beverley Sisters and thought , ” Yes, I would, the three of you ” !. hahaha

New Post – New Post!! :)