Pod to replace Giroud, Fluid-Three up-front, or 4-4-2 against MU?

Let’s talk Arsenal and footie again!

Laurent Koscielny

There is a game on Sunday; it cannot be called crucial as all our previous, as well as the remaining, games are of the same importance. It is likely to be a weird game, and the main reason for this is not to do with Van Persie (VP), but us playing a team who have just become PL champions.

I would have  preferred the Mancs still needing something from this game. If we beat them on Sunday we will not get much credit for it, and if we don’t, the criticism will be very high. You could say it is a no-win situation, but in the end it is isn’t: it is about three points and moving on to the next match.

The guard of honour has to be done and I hope the fans show class and respect: we would expect the same.  If VP turns up at TE, he will no doubt get a hostile reception, but I expect him to stay behind in worldly Manchester for this one.

So how are we going to play against the Mancs?

We’ll do a proper pre-match report on Saturday, but let’s discuss the key formational challenges. Without Giroud up-front, Arsene will have to make adjustments. We don’t have anybody who can play the ‘Giroud’ role. I don’t think Theo, Gervinho or Pod have the stamina and physicality required to play the way OG does.

In my opinion, Arsene will have to change the formation to 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, or go with a ‘fluid-three’ up-front, just like he did at the start of the season.

I reckon the latter is the most likely scenario. Arsene has the luxury that all his remaining attackers are fit and ready to go, so he can choose three from Gervinho, Theo, Ox, Cazorla and the Pod. The idea is that any of these three can play centrally, left or right at any moment in the game. This will make us unpredictable for our opponents, but our team’s unfamiliarity with this attacking system might lead to some miscommunication, misplaced passes, and unspotted runs. We are also likely to miss the aerial focal point of Giroud’s added height in the box.

However, I reckon the Mancs would much prefer having to deal with Giroud’s height than having to accommodate for the attacking variety that our remaining attackers have in their lockers. Gervinho or Ox have the close control and can work themselves into the box with the ball; Theo adds speed and lethal finishing (a good game for him to find it again!); and both Walcott, Gervinho and the Pod can all be the fox in the box and any given time. On top of that, all of Ox, Pod, Theo and Cazorla can score from outside the edge of the box, and at least on paper this is a good attacking force to choose from.

As always with a 4-2-1-3 formation, the pivotal role is the most advanced midfielder, and Wenger has to make a big choice who this should be: Rosicky, Cazorla or Wilshere. It is too early to say who he will go for, but I am convinced he will not leave out Cazorla; so if he does not play up-front, I reckon he will be ‘in the hole’ on Sunday.

My other train of thought is that Wenger will want to strengthen the midfield against the Mancs; something he often does against a top-four team. I would feel more comfortable with this as well, but then I am a big fan of playing with a solid midfield, with lots of possession and passing options: I reckon this suits our current squad the most. Obviously, it does require our ‘midfield-wingers’ to play a disciplined defensive as well as attacking game, and it could mean that the likes of Gibbs and Coquelin will get a start there, although it is more likely to see a midfield of Cazorla – Ramsey –Arteta – Wilshere, or Cazorla- Wilshere – Arteta – Rosicky. We have plenty of options to play a very strong midfield on Sunday; although, a beast of a DM is still badly missing.

Playing four in midfield would give us the opportunity to play two up-front: either in a 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2. I reckon if Arsenal  want to get the best out of two of Pod, Theo, Ox, Gervinho (and Santi), one of these two formations would be our best option.

Now, the big question is which two attackers should be combined against the Mancs. Our highest paid, and also most prolific strikers are Pod and Theo, but could they hit the ground running on Sunday. I am not sure they would. Pod could play behind Theo and maybe it would work, but  I reckon such a partnership needs time to develop.

Given Wenger’s recent remarks re the Pod being groomed to play in the middle up-front, I believe that he will start on Sunday, regardless of the formation. That leaves the question who will play behind him, and I reckon it will be Cazorla. These two have played a lot together this season and seem to have quite a natural understanding  with each other.

However, I don’t think Arsene will go with either 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, but with a fluid-three up-front:

Although the formation shows Pod in the middle, all three attackers will interchange regularly.

What do you reckon Arsene will do on Sunday?

Written by: TotalArsenal.

71 Responses to Pod to replace Giroud, Fluid-Three up-front, or 4-4-2 against MU?

1. bc says:

I too would change the formation. But for me its a 4312 formation. Arteta rambo and jack across the middle then when or if jack needs a rest bringing on coquelin or rosicky depending if we are chasing the game or.playing it out. I would have santi playing behind a front 2 of the ox and poldi. Leaving the pace and the unexpectancy of theo and forehead for later in the game if required. Obviously the centre back pairing should remain unchanged but I personally would go for gibbs and sagna as whilst jenko and nacho are better crossers without giroud in there who is going to get on the end of them?

2. Bond James says:

good team selection , TA

i would look at benching Ramsey and start with Jack.

for me the Ramsey/Arteta slows everything down a tad too much.

i’ll look to bring the Ox as an impact sub as well as Rosicky if need be.

however, here is another interesting playing 11 ;)

sczny

sagna mer koc gibbs

arteta wilshere

santi

OX Poldi Gerv

Subs : Walcott and Rosicky with Ramsey being another option if we’re protecting a lead (hopefully).

most of the times we’ve played utd in the last few years, we have ended up with a red card or too, i hope we’re able to keep it to 11 this time and show the entire world that we’re not only able to compete with bigger teams but also beat them based on our quality and not relying on them having off days (Munich).

we win – we deffo finish 3rd

if we don’t then it’s going to be another nerve racking year.

bc :)

There is no width in that formation – all true the middle it seems, no?!

BJ :)

I like that formation too, but I cannot see Arsene leaving Theo out.

We won the game fair and square against Munich. The early goal put the fright into them and they did not know what to do. Plus we stopped their central midfield flow. If only we had had a bit more luck and composure up-front in that game (we really missed the Pod for that one).

5. Bond James says:

disagreed , we won against Munich because they were not at the horses or their usual self, they wasted more chances than us creating them.

i would love to say that we took the game to them that night and were the better team but sadly, Munich lost that game instead of us winning it really

either way we won and i am not going to moan about it, however, we really do need to start imposing ourselves against big teams and not made to be look as inferiors.

beating utd this sunday would go a long way in doing that, i do remember there were times when it was Mancs fearing us and most people had us as favourites but sadly the last 5 years haven’t been as kind and UTD no longer fear us and it appears the roles have reversed.

6. Dedie says:

4-2-1-3 (Sagna, Per, Kos, Nacho) (Arteta, Jack/Verm*) (Carzola/Jack) (Carzola/Rosicky, Podi, Ox) with that lineup we can demolish The Mancs!.. I think The Verminator can do well as a holding midfielder alongside Arteta since he has both defensive+attacking force

7. Naija gunner says:

I am afraid wenger might make wrong selections. If we can’t play 4 4 2 let wenger not sacrifice either arteta/ramsey partnership or carzola playing in the hole for wilshire. The problem we have now is where wilshire should play with the understanding strucked by arteta/ ramsey and carzola having performed his best by playing behind striker. My line up in the middle should be: arteta/ ramsey, ox and gibbs with carzola playing behind pod up front. Gerv and walcot don’t help defensively but both ox and gibbs can and still have pace and skill for counter if necessary. Our second half substitute should be sagna for wilshire and gerv or walcot for ox depending whether we are chasing the game or want to defend a lead.

8. Highbury Harmony says:

TA on yesterday’s article. You raise a very interesting point about RVP’s inability to score outside of the PL and whether or not that limits him from being categorized as “world-class”. Normally, I would dismiss this as non-sense. However, upon further examination, it is astonishing how poor his record is outside of the EPL. When the EPL was the best competition in the world, it would have been foolish to claim that the top scorer was not “world-class”. Times have changed and the EPL may be the third best league behind La Liga and the Bundesliga.

Thus, if you believe that the EPL has taken a step back in its dominance, then surely RVP’s scoring record outside of the EPL is significant and his goals in the league are less meaningful when comparing him to other strikers.

With that said, I then challenge you to name strikers who are “world-class”. Despite Lewadowski’s performance yesterday, I would still hesitate to rate him as “world-class”. He’s still a step below that imo and has a ways to go before reaching that level; the performance yesterday certainly brings him into the picture though. Part my hesitation stems from the fact that, much like RVP, he was useless at the Euros. He was not receiving the delivery that he is accustomed to at BD and he is not skilled enough to create on his own like RVP (he can if he gets the ball around the box, but is not as adept at dropping back like RVP).

Outside of Messi, Ronaldo (if he is a ST), Cavani and maybe Falcao, I’m not sure if there are any other “world-class” strikers. Mario Gomez, when healthy, is a world-class striker too imo. I rate all 5 of those strikers above RVP, but I understand why others rate RVP as world-class since he can single handedly win games for a club. Until he scores on a regular basis outside of the EPL, or until the EPL becomes the top league again (I feel part of this is dependent on RVP scoring for United in the CL), then I would have to agree with your assessment.

RA, makes a good point that even if RVP isn’t “world-class”, he’s better than anything we have now and we could have really benefitted from his goals and play this year (minus the traitor qualities of course!).

9. Highbury Harmony says:

Also, Lewa seems to score in bunches and needs to be more consistent a la Cavani, Messi etc.

HI HH,

Am off to bed in a minute. Agreed with those names as potentially world class, and would like to add Ibrahimovic, Robben, Eto.

11. Highbury Harmony says:

TA, completely forgot about Ibra! Eto’o I think used to be world-class, he’s definitely lost a step now. Robben for me is more of a winger than Ronaldo and he’s not even first choice for Bayern this year. Whether that’s because of his personality or skill is a different matter though.

12. Bond James says:

you lot must be having a laugh when you mention those players as being “world class”

the only one true real world class striker is a Dane…his name is Nicklas Bendtner.
    :D

13. Highbury Harmony says:

TA, great article, however I feel it comes too close to matching a pre-match report! Nonetheless, very interesting scenario that we have upon our hands since Pod, Theo, Gervinho etc. have not played much as full-time ST this year. My bet is that we play a fluid front three that will be a matchup nightmare for opposing teams. However, if AW’s work with Pod at ST has been successful, then perhaps he will play up alone up front.

I’m a bigger fan of interchanging pieces in attack and Barca is at their best when they are constantly in motion and swapping places with one another using their one-touch triangle passing. Obviously our players lack the technical skill compared to Barca, but we have pace on our side and I feel as though it is not properly being used. For example, our slow build-up play often does not have any purpose and no scoring opportunities are created as a result. If we played more like BD or Bayern, we’d sacrifice possession for more directness in attack and conserve our energy for when we need it most.

I see what you did there by the way ;). “You could say it’s a no win situation, but at the end of the day it is isn’t”, it’s impossible to disagree with that statement!

Not sure where I stand on the guard of honour presentation. On the one hand, it’s nice to be classy and respectful of Manure for winning the title, but on the other, I still bloody hate that club and the traitor that played a massive role in helping them achieve their goal.

14. Highbury Harmony says:

BJ, yes NB is world-class. A world-class prick hahaha!

15. jgc says:

Hmm,

good article, I’d like Poldi up front as you noted and would prefer Ox to Gerv these days…

In particular, I think, to steal bc’s word above, that both Theo and Gerv suffer from “unexpectancy” as in their form rises and falls (in bunches) unexpectedly, which means predicting how they will go. Noting that Gerv is way more “unexpected” than Theo… ;)

Thus, for this game, consistency is more my watchword. Which also means keeping Arteta/Ramsey and BFG/Koz together. Regarding the former of which, I think packing the midfield and slowing things down plus denying service will be ugly but work less against us then it does agains ManU.

just my 2p at lunchtime way down under — jgc

16. JM says:

As previously written:

4-6-0 (compact midfield with forward in free-roam-mode and stifling Man. United’s midfield)

Szczesny
    Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal
    Ramsey, Arteta
    The Ox, Cazorla/Rosicky, Gibbs
    (Any of one from: Podolski, Walcott, Gervinho)

Subs: Mannone, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Coquelin/Wilshere, Rosicky/Cazorla, Podolski/Walcott/Gervinho (any 2 who will not be starting)

With same backfour (Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal),
    2 facilitators (Arteta and Ramsey),
    1 creator (either Cazorla or Rosicky) who is required to push up towards opposition goal to score or assist,
    Gibbs on Left midfield duty (against to combo of Rafael & Valencia on the right), The Ox on Right midfield duty (against Evra),
    Lastly, any of Podolski, Gervinho and Walcott on the free role (to probe and harass opposition’s defence – be it their fullbacks or centre backs) slightly in front of both our creator and wide midfielders. They should mainly combine well with our creator and help negate the threat of Utd.’s deep midfield player (Carrick/P.Jones) when our team is not in possession.

17. JM says:

Thomas Muller is also world class attacking all-rounder. (With his individual accolades at WC2010 – Golden Boot, Best Young Player, I rank him ahead of Jovetic, Reus, Lewandolski at club and international levels. He is among the top 10 forwards/strikers in the world currently)

18. Highbury Harmony says:

JM, not sure if I’d categorize Muller as a ST, which is why I left him of my list. Certainly a great talent and is more of a AM/W.

19. JM says:

@ Highbury Harmony April 26, 2013 02:39

Thomas Muller – more appropriately as a second striker/shadow forward who can also lead the line upfront when required for BM and Germany.

20. Highbury Harmony says:

Yes JM, SS would be his fit though he is often pushed out wide in order to incorporate him into the line-up with Kroos, Schwein and Javi/Gustavo.

I still wouldn’t consider him a pure striker just yet. It all depends where Bayern plans to play him from here on out.

21. gunner says:

4 3 3 is the formation. We need to attack all day long.

Czy

Jenko__________mert_______kosc___________nacho

Carzola____________arteta______________rosicky

Walcot____________arshavin____________podolski

Morning fine G’s :)

Thanks for overnight comments. Back later this morning.

23. Red Arse says:

Morning TA, :-)

I do not know how you produce such good Posts day by day! Well done sir! :D

By the way, what is a “Fluid-Tree”? Does it have weeping branches? :-)

Redders

You don’t know what a Fluid-Tree is? It has a solid base and strong roots, with continuously moving branches! hehehe :P

Thanks for the correction. :)

Morning BKers.

Red Arse
    PPP
    Oz
    Rocky
    Terry
    Alex

Cheers guys. …Please get them in ASAP.

TA.. I like your starting eleven..
    But as I said before.. Gervinho will be in the middle.. Podolski – Gervinho – Walcott..
    I like to see Rosicky play with Santi for our double AM.. but I think Arteta and Ramsey will start.. Wenger will not change extremly..

RvP will not start on sunday.. and so do Rooney..
    We will get the advantage.. and yes we will win..
    Wigan and Swansea will play hard to Spurs and Chelsea..
    This weekend we will stay on 3rd.. hehehe..

Go Gunners..

The arrival of Yoona has made you even more upbeat than usual Hehehehe Henry! :)

You could be right about Gervinho starting centrally, but only in a fluid-three set-up, I reckon.

VCC :)

Chelsea and Stoke draws, Liverpool, WBA and QPR away wins.

Dedie :)

Vermaelen as DM would be great – won’t happen though.

Naija :)

Wilshere is not a problem; he can play anywhere, and in my view is better in the hole than Santi. Although, if were were to play 4-4-1-1 Santi is perfect for that role.

Hi HH,

I am sure Eto’o, ala Drogba, who we also forgot, would still be deadly in the top games. Robben has also proven time and again that he will deliver in the top games (against Barca he was once again fantastic), but yes he is more a winger than a striker.

Yes the post is quite like a pre-match, I agree. But then the questions about formation are relevant for not just the Mancs game, but the for the remainder of the season.

Also agreed on more directness and above all we need confidence and drive from our experienced player: no place to hide on Sunday.

HH,

Please also note I did not call Lewandowski ‘world class’ (yet) but said that his performance on the night was world class, something VJ has yet to produce. :)

32. Red Arse says:

Hi Vickers, :-)

Did you catch the granny with the zimmer? Never mind — next time maybe — Glicster was sympathetic!! :D

My forecasts are;

Chelsea v Swansea……….home
    Stoke v Norwich…………….Draw
    Newcastle v Liverpool ……Draw
    Reading v QPR……………..draw
    Southampton v WBA……..draw

Big winners there! :-)

jgc :)

Agreed on consistency. Re Gerv, he seldom has a bad game. He might miss a number of good chances but, in almost all games, he has played well on the wing for us. It is not just his direct contributions that I value of him, but also his indirect ones, as giving us another dimension in attack, creating space for others, and his general drive and enthusiasm.

JM :)

Playing only one from Pod, Theo and Gervinho would not be my choice, but it could work. Will it happen though…. very unlikely. :?

Gunner :)

Will we have enough time to get all the dust of Arshavin and recharge his batteries?! :lol:

Hi Redders.

I have been having a few days away from Arsenal. As you may have gathered.

Also, it is my Sons 24th Birthday week, and our family always make a big thing of Birthdays. It is usually a week long party. So blogging has taken a back seat. I still love you lots though. ;-)

Yes I did see the Zimmerframe jokes, you little tinker :-)

Thanks for the UMF selections. Things are starting to hot up.

37. Red Arse says:

That donkey JulianJustCallMeJules, or Rufus or whatever, has ‘transferred’ to AA with a whole batch of new names — but his idiot comments are just the same.

Thank goodness you binned him, he is like a wasp at a picnic — a bloody nuisance.

Redders,

A nasty piece of work, he is!

39. Red Arse says:

Glic and I were talking about VCC the other day and he told me the following;

Apparently, a very angry Vickers went into his local paper shop and yelled –

“WHERE is my SUNDAY paper?!”

“I am sorry, sir, but today is Saturday. The Sunday paper is not delivered until tomorrow, on SUNDAY”.

There was quite a long pause, followed by a ray of recognition as Vickers was heard to mutter to himself, “Well, bugger me, that explains why no one was at church either, and why I missed the Arsenal game on Sunday — which I didn’t because it’s tomorrow.
    I need to go and lie down, before I fall off my zimmer”

I thought it might be Glic blaming Vickers for his own memory problem, but the mention of ‘church’ proved it wasn’t the love shack builder!! :D

40. Red Arse says:

The world is becoming ever more wicked, as we all know.

Anyway, one day God was looking down at earth and saw Glic, Terry and Vickers, and all of the rascally behavior that was going on …

So He called His angels together to discuss what to do, And it was agreed he would send one of them down to earth for a time.

When the angel returned, he told God, ‘Yes, it is bad on earth; 95% are misbehaving and only 5% are not.
    God thought for a moment and said, ‘OK, Maybe I had better send down a second angel to get another opinion.’

So God called another of his angels and sent her to earth for a time.

When the angel returned she went to God and said, ‘Yes, it’s true. The earth is in decline; 95% are misbehaving, and only 5% are being good…’

God was not pleased.

So He decided to e-mail the 5% who were being good, and did not bother with Glic, Terry and Vickers, because he wanted to encourage the ‘Goodies’, and give them a little something to help them keep going.

Do you know what the e-mail said?

NO? …………….. Okay, I was just wondering, because I didn’t get one either. :D

41. alexgunners says:

Hi Guys,

Great post, How will we line up, I am not sure. Why? The only thing that matters to me is that we show some spine against ManUre. We were a team that constantly had some great battles against those bastards but now we seem to fear them. We need to take the game up to them and stand up and be counted for. We need the 3 points one way or another.

We want our Arsenal Back!!!! A team that fears no other team and controls the game. I know I am dreaming right now, but hey, I want us to show the rest of the league that we are getting back to our old ways.

You are right, If we beat them, we will not get any credit for it. F&$k them, lets just go out and beat them anyway and restore some pride.

COYG

VCC,

Here are my predictions for this round
    QPR (A)
    THE ARSENAL (H)
    Chel$ki (H)
    ManShitty (H)
    Everton (H)

Thanks

42. alexgunners says:

RA,

Loved it

Redders………:D

Hi Alex…..thanks for your entry :-)

I’m with you buddy regarding this Sundays fixture.

I fear The worse. We seem to be timid when playing those C$£%s from the pits of England.

If we are going to lose I want at least some fight. Show some balls/backbone. Don’t lay down and be defeated without a fight.

We need to leave them with a bloody nose at least. I hate them, and always have. I preferred it when they were in the old second division.

Not sure weather I will be able to watch it live, it won’t be good for my heart.

All this crap in the media about “We should give them a guard of honour and respect them and not turn our backs on them”

Well I say, F&%^ you. They have no respect for others.

Rant over. My blood is starting to boil already and it’s only Friday afternoon.

TERRY

Arsenal v United draw
    Villa v sunderland draw
    Liverpool v toon draw

Score come Monday = 13

78+13 = 91
    VCC’s age-91 = 11

Therefore, a paltry 11 off the leader come Monday (everyone else is getting 0 sorry (even if we did put some the same)).

Who said RA was the only maths wizz around here :)

I’m with Alex. I don’t care how we line up just as long as BSR doesn’t score, sir alex doesn’t use his usual counter attacking tactics against us (that always work so bloody well against us even when he fields fullbacks as wingers), and we get the three points.

47. oz gunner says:

@ TA

agree lew isn’t world class yet but that pull back and finish he did against (think it was the third) real was something else!

(i think after each goal the commentators were passing on the news via morse code haha)

Oz….I just hope our supporters give that Clunge such an ear bashing on Sunday. Every touch give him hell. The traitorous scamp.

49. oz gunner says:

Couldn’t agree more VCC. I’d like to just hear boo’s for 90 minutes straight! If he did a celebration similar to what ade did…I’m not entirely sure he’d leave the arena. Surely if 60000+ storm the pitch they can’t all be arrested for assault/murder :)

I’m with Totes on the RVP traitor.

If we don’t get stuck into them I will be pissed off big time.

51. Red Arse says:

Did I tell you what happened when Terry, Vickers and me went down to see Glic last month?

Well, his Mrs was going away to visit his Mom-in-Law, and he insisted he would put us up in his place as he has two bedrooms and it would keep costs down.

Now Terry, Vickers and me had been told by Mrs Glic, before she left, that he was a terrible snorer, so we decided to share the sleep roster.

On the first night, Terry shared the room with the Glicster, and the next morning he appeared at breakfast with red bloodshot eyes and looking terrible.

“What happened to you?” we asked, and he said, “Glic snored so loudly I could not sleep and so I had to stay awake all night watching him.”

That night it was Vickers turn to share Glic’s room, and again he came in for breakfast with bloodshot eyes, and even his zimmer looked tired.

“What on earth happened to you?” we asked, and he said, “That damned Glic snored so loudly, I had no choice but to sit up all night just watching him!”

Then it was my turn to share a room with the Glicster.

The next morning I turned up for brekkers looking my usual cool self, to the astonishment of Terry and Vickers, followed shortly by Glic looking the worse for wear and red eyed.

“What happened?” they asked, “you look fine —– and cool” :D

“Well”, I said, “before turning the light out I tucked Glic in and gave him a little kiss on the cheek, and patted his butt —— and he stayed up all night watching me!” :D

Nice one Redders……on form today hunny ;-)

53. macko says:

Hello I run one about the topic!!
    you’re worried about the rumored departure of arsene wenger PSG???

54. Derrick Karinga says:

A 4-2-1-3 szczesny-sagna,kos,per,gibbs-arteta, ramsey-cazorla-walcott,podolski,Ox

55. Red Arse says:

Hi Macko,

Have you heard something about Arsene going to PSG?

56. Red Arse says:

Bonjour, macko,

Avez-vous entendu parler de Arsene aller au PSG?

57. Red Arse says:

Je suis désolé, c’est — après-midi

Vics, dont tell anyine about these, it might reduce the odds. There certain to make us rich.

Arsenal 5-0
    chelsea swansea draw
    Mancity
    stoke norwich draw
    wigan spurt draw

Nice team TA, but i want Jack in the hole, santi left, and Gerv up front. i know this sort of line up has floundered at home, but in this game i think it will work. Flood the midfield and keep Utd away from the ball is key for me. It could be the difference between winning 4-0 or 5. hahaha

Redders, your on good form. I wouldnt have taken cornwalls snoring. Definately would have enveloped his face with a very tight fitting sock. hahaha

UMF odds =
    HH………250-1
    Gerry……253-1
    Henry……726-1
    GLiC……. 961-1
    VCC………119-1
    TMHT……195-1
    Oz…………230-1
    Red Arse..203-1
    Alex……… 16-1
    Total……….538-1

PPP and Rocky to come please.

UMF =

11 homes
    13 aways
    26 draws

RA–Very funny stuff….I’d like to meet the geez-crew next time I’m over….(No sleepovers, however…..) Maybe I’ll come for a league-CL double (because we’re gonna make top 4, I think)…..Also, I want to get in on this UMF stuff for next season. How much will it cost me?…..

We’re treading similar ground with the pre-match stuff and my original thought was a “4-3-3″ which actually morphs to a 4-4-1-1 with Santi, Lu-lu and Theo across the front. I like the idea of the “fluid tree”, however….For me, Nacho should be our starting LB these days, but I think Gibbs may get the call, you know, so the entire future England squad can be on display. On that count, subbing in Ox and/or Jenks seems likely as well….

As the match draws nearer I’m starting to think maybe the booing of RvP allows for the manager to sneak Gervinho into the lineup….Surely the boos for our center-forehead cannot be as loud as for the guy who questioned our ambition?….

Anyhow, I think we’re expending a lot of mental energy doing all this honour guard hand-wringing and such in these pre-match days and everyone (except our players) are gonna be a bit tired of it all by game-time. Like TA says, it’s a no-win situation. A different way of looking at it is that maybe strong first 10-15 to show our fighting spirit morphing into a more a tepid match (which we win 1-nil…) suits everybody just fine: They’ve still got their trophy, we look good for ours (a top 4 finish….) and everybody slinks off to fight another day. Overall, I think we’ve got the emotion and togetherness to outfight them and get the needed result. And maybe SAF will rotate just enough for us to have the quality advantage as well…. RvP will be there and dressed, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he sits for the first hour or even the whole match….AAH-WTF-DIK (as always, however, WTF do I know)….

62. Macko says:

oui je l”est lu sur le Parisien et ils disent qu’il a rdv le 06/05/2013 avec les Quatari !!!
    mais il n’est pas le seul mais il est le premier choix!!!!

63. Danny says:

Jovetic Rumors heating up. Several sources (okay rumors) claim they have either a) begun talks or b) agreed terms… fingers crossed

Fingers crossed indeed, Danny :)

Nice video, Vickers :)

66. Glic says:

Evening Cooch Chowders :lol:

Thanks Total van Coochlichtenstein

I don’t care who plays as long as we rip the bastards to shreds.
    Guard of honour !. Bollocks !, applauding that lot onto the pitch would be like…… Vic`s arriving home, only to find his wife being rodgered by a Manu supporter and having to stand there and applaud for 90 minutes plus fergie time !.
    As for Redders, Vic`s and Stretches jaunt to Cornwall, well I remember it differently !…….It was them 3 doing all the snoring and being an inventive imaginative sort of guy, I decided to stick my Hampton in their mouths whilst they slept and snored, it had a sort of vibration effect !, very pleasing , especially Vic`s , as he had the decency to take his false teeth out and leave them in a jar of water smiling at me !. hahaha

Vic`s. Did you listen to the Away Boyz on talkSPORT ?. It was f**king good !. Durhams not as bad as people think !.

Hi GLiC…..cheers for the info. I loved it. I have almost all their CD’s. I have the old RVP one and cannot listen to it, but I enjoyed the new version.

Guard of Honour my F&$%ing arse……..whats all that about.

New Post New Post! :)