Arsenal’s recovery will start against QPR – Time to get behind the team again!

It absolutely amazes me how much ‘structural’ dissatisfaction there is in Gooner-world at the moment. Just like anybody else, I am of course unhappy about the last two results, but for so many fellow Gooners this seems to have triggered a black depression of epidemic proportions.

Image

The reality is we lost two games in a row, and there is no reason whatsoever to believe this is not just a blip. This is the team that beat Liverpool and WH away, drew against Man City, and had some other fine results lately; playing some lovely football in all of these games. We simply have not become a rubbish team overnight: I am just not having it.

We are 6 points behind the number two in the PL and are second in our CL qualification group. We are suffering from a lack of form and confidence, but we are a big club with the second most experienced PL manager at the helm, and we have been here many times before. We will get over it and grow from strength to strength over the next few months.

Admittedly, the football we played in the last two games has been poor, and I have explained in previous posts what the most probable causes are for this. Once our wings are properly functioning again and either Jack or Diaby motor us on in midfield, this team will by firing on all cylinders again.

I am not jus saying this because I love the club and am by nature a glass half-full kind of person. I just believe in our squad and manager, to get us back out of this again, and go on a winning run.

I reckon the big, structural dissatisfaction stems from the realisation that we are probably, once more, not ready to win something major this season. Expectations are always high, and those encouraging performances against Pool and Citeh, and a few others, made us all start to believe that this new team had fully settled in, and we would win some fine silverware this season. This might still happen, but the chances are not that high at the moment.

We are a team in transition, whether we like it or not, and it will take time before our current team will find consistency in their performances; so needed if we want to win anything. Our team is almost unrecognisable from that of 24 months ago, and it just takes time to make it gel in such a way that all squad members can play at their best in Arsene’s system and philosophy of football.

I totally expect us to get back to winning ways against QPR on Saturday, and I think we will surprise a few people the weekend after next, when we take on the Mancs. Players will return to help us improve in key areas and Wenger and Bould will work hard to improve our current system, the quality of our football, and the levels of confidence and form of the players.

I totally respect that many don’t share the same believe I have in our squad and the abilities of our manager and his assistants, but this Gooners is confident we’ll bounce back in style from now on; starting with QPR tomorrow.

Whatever you feel or think, the team needs us to support them with all we have on Saturday.

Come On You Rip-Roaring Gunners!!

Total Arsenal.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

54 Responses to Arsenal’s recovery will start against QPR – Time to get behind the team again!

1. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Frankly I’m convinced that whilst there are some Gooners who are concerned by this dip in form, there are many many more who have simply been waiting for a couple of bad games to vent their spleen.

These people are simply not relevant.

Wow, Sharkey – you often respond so quickly! 🙂

And so true, there appears to be a lot of latent dissatisfaction about our club. 😦

3. Red Arse says:

Fear not TA, having been patiently waiting for the command, I made the NEW POST comment myself!! 🙂

4. Red Arse says:

There are many facets to this dismay amongst the fans, and Sharkey is right that there are some just waiting to say “I told you so”.

Cheers Redders 🙂

Clearly, I am hopeless at the admin side of the things. 😕

6. Red Arse says:

Another reason is that when we seem to be about to play an ‘easy’ team, many fans start to talk about a 3:0 win or a 4:1 win, so that if we actually lose, the hurt is felt even more because of the high expectations.

Many are unwilling to understand, and accept, the predicament that the club is in, and simply demand us to compete with the Oilers in whatever way necessary.

At the moment, we just cannot compete with the Oilers and so many don’t (want to) see that Arsene is our only chance at this stage.

But, the only thing that matters tomorrow is our football on the pitch again, and I am convinced we’ll see a very different Arsenal tomorrow. 🙂

I will be doing a post looking ahead at tomorrow’s game around 9-10pm today, but in the meantime Wigan Gooner’s pre-match report is very much worth a read:

9. Red Arse says:

You were right TA, a very good pre-match on Wigan Gooner!

Well worth a read, as you say! 🙂

10. Red Arse says:

It does not matter how long you take or how carefully the reality of our situation is explained, or how patiently it is done, there are none so deaf as those who do not wish to hear!

Do you have that expression in Dutch? 🙂

Yep RA

The Dutch say: ‘iets tegen dovemansorenn zeggen’, which translates to: saying something to deaf-man’s-ears’. 🙂

12. Herb'sArmy says:

Greetings one and all,
    it would make so much more sense if we weren’t sitting on a transfer-pot of £70m.
    Or if when going to Lille we had bought Hazard instead of Gervinho. Little details can sometimes make a world of difference. If Dortmund can compete with Bayern Munich…
    We struggled against QPR last season home and away, so it won’t be easy, but a win is a must with MU away next week, followed quickly by a tough trip to Germany and two tricky London derbies. November could be a defining month for us.
    Brilliant clip from The Muppet Show, GliC, a right good old blast from the past. I hope you Terry and VCC have an enjoyable day, a win tomorrow will restore a lot of good-will and faith.
    Rio ain’t all that and his brother is even worse, so maybe a good opportunity for Giroud to fill his boots and show us why Mr Wenger bought him. We showed against West Ham what we’re capable of, more of that tomorrow please.

13. Red Arse says:

Hi Herb,

Good to see you.

It would be good, even from a psychological point of view if AW spent some of that dosh on a ‘top, top’ forward.

You might have seen TA and I agreeing that Theo is likely to go in January (no knowledge – just a gut feeling) so I imagine we will try and get a shit hot winger which would make all the difference to Giroud who simply has not been given a proper chance to date.

I hope you noticed how many BK bloggers were hoping you would not stay away – even if you are sometimes a grump!!! 🙂

14. SharkeySuresGhost says:

TA 13.23

I subscribed to your mail notification thingy…so they pop up in my work inbox. I then try to read and drop a comment asap…elsewise (!?) I get bogged down with the stuff I’m actually paid to.

I’m fine with ‘elsewise’ as a word..and I’ll hear nothing to the contrary..especially from Red Arse

15. Red Arse says:

SS, 🙂

16. Red Arse says:

I have just read/heard that Chelsea are playing fast and loose with some spare petty cash to tempt Atletico Madrid with a £48 million offer + a salary of £30m to £40m for Falcao.

That would make mincemeat of our alleged £70m transfer chest, Herb! 😦

Hi Herb, good to see you back 🙂

Fully agree with you that November could be a defining month; well at least for the season.

Giroud with proper service from the wings and Cazorla playing closer to him, is what I am looking forward to, but that’s for later tonight.

Sharkey, you are definitely honouring your name in terms of response speed. Love ‘elsewise’ 🙂

Fast as a Sharkey:

Maybe the players should listen to this before they come out on the pitch. The German players will definitely like it. 🙂

18. oz gunner says:

Very well said TA, and summed up nicely by RA at 13.49. Loses like the one we copped against Norwich are a lot harder because we expect to hand out a good ole fashioned whoopin’ like we gave to South. I don’t know why because our recent history has shown that we tend to underestimate the minors far too often.

Sharkespeare (appears to have the new post on some sort of alert function haha) is right also. These fans that lay the boots in when we lose give me the absolute willies. In the pre-season it’s all apocalypse this and hell, fire and brimstone that. We play good and it’s nothing or reluctant supporting. We lose and it’s the same old dribble over and over again. This aussie rules blog i go on has a ‘ignore’ function which works a great. Each person has to have their own profile, so you simply click on their name, choose ignore and any comment will not show up on your computer screen from now on. Although if we had that function i’d probably be talking to myself on here not knowing this whole time I was being ignored by everyone haha.

(and Herb my friend, not targeted at you in the slightest. As others have mentioned you are well respected and we all enjoy your differing opinion)

Evening to the man from Down-under who possesses the best Avatar on the blogs 🙂

Have a look at the right side of the blog: ‘Follow Blog via Email’. I am not sure whether it is still working though (I had to reintroduce it when I changed the theme/design lay-out of the blog).

20. oz gunner says:

having only just seen the muppet vid for the first time today i think it’s hilarious. For all these years I’ve been applying sunscreen and signing a catchy jingle. yet it was pinched from the muppets! Has my whole life been a lie? Why do I exist? Is this all a terrible dream? Am I apart of RA’s multiverse theory?

Oz 🙂

It is freezing here at the moment, and to see those sunny pictures is great.

22. oz gunner says:

Wow cheers, I thought it was strange that sharkespeare was the first to respond a few times in a row. I’ll def have to do that.

I’m in the midst of changing it TA, but oh how I miss Mr Arsenal!!!

23. Red Arse says:

Sharkey,

I have been meaning to ask you for about a year now (we seem to blog at different times of day) , but anyway, have the little Sharklettes shown any interest in Arsenal?

Don’t change it Oz! Unless, you think you can improve on it. 🙂

25. Red Arse says:

That’s torn it, Oz!

I always thought you were a handsome dude who looked like a young Tony Adams — now I find out that’s because it is TA (the other one) 🙂

Redders, how come you show up with a lovely dog avatar at Wigan Gooner, and have thingy-whatsit on BK? 😕

27. oz gunner says:

Is Scotland colder this time of year than where you are? Hold the trips a good one!

28. oz gunner says:

haha RA i like to pretend I am holding up trophies for Arsenal. You have to have hit puberty to grow rugged facial hair like that!

It can be colder but also warmer. The Isle of Mull can benefit from the Golf-stream. But there is no better place to witness the full beauty of Autumn than Scotland! 🙂

30. Red Arse says:

That is a mystery to me too. Buy I notice that Tony “Oz” Adams has gone all green as we speak!!

You are the only one with a ‘picture’ avatar. 🙂

31. Red Arse says:

“Buy” = ” But” 🙂

32. oz gunner says:

I def plan on visiting one day, the Mrs has family up there and they they all rave about the scenery ect. Plus I’d like to find nessie!

33. Red Arse says:

OMG,

Oz has gone all RVP. Let’s duff him up!!

34. Red Arse says:

Oz,

If you make it to Scotland, it might be worth your while to hire a boat for a few days on Loch Ness. It forms part of the ‘Great Glen’ that stretches in a diagonal from the East of Scotland to the West.

Loch Ness is a bit bigger (well a lot bigger) than most people imagine and sudden storms can make Nessie hunting quite a challenge. (I bagged Nessie, by the way – so you are too late) and have her swimming around in a tub, in my back yard!) 🙂

You can traverse a number of Lochs and sleep on your boat, moored out on one of the smaller lochs. Relaxing, quiet and just a bit spooky!

35. Red Arse says:

TA, you traitor, stop flirting with that weeD, and come back here and talk to us!! 🙂

36. oz gunner says:

You bloody thief! That’s all right I’ll just go to Siberia and see her brother

Cheers RA, that sounds good, and definitely up my alley.

37. Herb'sArmy says:

I did see the messages, thanks to all for your generous spirit.
    If I was being ultra-greedy, Redders, I would like a Goalkeeper, decent cover for Gibbs, and a prolific predator up top. I think we’re okay in midfield, and as others have alluded to, I’m really looking forward to seeing the midfield axis of Arteta-Wilshere-Ca(th)zorla. There’s only a few minor issues to resolve defensively.
    With a fully-fit squad when it all clicks as we know it can, we’re not that far short.

38. Red Arse says:

Well said, Herb,

Actually, I would be less than honest if I did not admit that the last two games have concerned me far more than they should.

Normally you can look at a good win, or even a bad loss and explain it as a player(s) having a terrific game or a player(s) botching things and letting an horrendous mistake, against the run of play, lead to a goal.

But in the last two games there seems to have been a massive failure by the whole team, and not simply by one player. The unknown is a concern, because what is to stop it repeating itself.

On the other hand there can be a total reversal of that form and, we can only hope that is the case. But I am less than confident simply because I don’t understand what happened last week.

39. oz gunner says:

Can’t complain with that Herb. I’d prefer a winger instead of a striker though tbh. I think with Podolski’s shooting ability he should be played down the middle only. He just seems a waste out wide. That way we have Giroud, Pod, with afobe and campbell coming through (Walcott and chamakh don’t count for me). If Walcott goes and Ox moves central than we are a big short changed for wingers (haven’t seen how Ryo is going, but serge looks like a good prospect).

I thought we were going to grab Milo as LB cover in the window but Arsene does love an attacking fullback. It just seems to me that players with attacking capabilities get free reign to go forward whenever they like, and with verm and santos on the same side it creates too many holes in the formation. How do they get away with it? Do they get scolded or what? because if I was Bould i’d be fuming and crashing people in to lockers!

40. oz gunner says:

must be off, enjoy the rest of your day everyone

Oz, Loch Ness is nice, but Glenn Coe and Loch Torridon are still better. Try to google it and enjoy! 🙂

RA: I quite like WeeD 🙂

42. Herb'sArmy says:

Hi Oz, hope all is good with you. You make a good point regarding Podolski. We were truly blessed with Thierry Henry who could combine the two roles seemlessly. Those type only come along once in a generation, it’s a shame Arshavin couldn’t apply himself.
    It does seem as though Walcott is heading out, and whatever our differing opinions, it is still someone who will need replacing.
    It’s a time of major transition at the club which is severely going to test our mental resolve and emotional strength. We may have a few more lows before we get to where we want to be, so we can expect a roller-coaster of a journey.

Glad you came back Herb. The world would be a boring place if we all agreed.

Plus Im not against all you say.

Oh dear Oz, that avatar scared the pants of me, but very funny too! 🙂

Herb, agreed on Walcott needing to be replaced, if indeed he leaves, which looks very likely now. I still hope we can have a few months of the Sagna-Theo train on the right.

Evening VCC 🙂

45. Herb'sArmy says:

Hi VCC,
    have a good one tomorrow mate, I’m sure Terry and GliC will look after you!

46. glic says:

Evening all 🙂

Glad to see you back amongst friends Herb.
    Just a quick question Herb, who is Eric and who is Ernie ? hahaha
    Actually, I`m thinking Terry is Eric. Hows that you ask ? , simples, Eric More comb over ! hahaha
    Before I forget (thank Redders for reminding me by talking about him earlier ), Tony Adams will be on Keys and Gray ( Talksport ) on Monday.
    I haven`t got long tonight as I have plenty to do, so my quick thought on tomorrows game.
    I want Wilshere and Sagna to start, with Sagna playing at LB. If Walcott and OX are fit ,play them, if only one fit, play one on right with Gerv on left and Giroud up front. Rest Pod. I want pace on wings and invention in midfield. See you lot tomorrow .
    Up the Arse !

Cheers Herb. At my age I need looking after, he he /

Im really looking forward to it. Terry and GLiC are two very funny f——.

As you know I have a soft spot for QPR so it will be nice to see both teams, two birds with one stone.

Should have no trouble beating them though. Im hoping for a 4-0 win.

COYG

48. Herb'sArmy says:

Good question GliC, perhaps I should have said Laurel & Hardy. Or The Three Amigo’s now that VCC is joining your ranks.
    4-0 would be great, VCC, but any win will do. Yesterday I was convinced QPR would beat us, I’m a bit more optimistic today. If the sun’s shining, GliC can blind them all with his mirror.

Good Evening

TA, there is nothing i can say about your post apart from thanking you. i said a while ago that you were my spokesman and i am delighted to repeat it. Our views on the Club are very similar and i admire you for your ability to look on the positives. I believe its called Bounceability

Hi and good evening Terry,

It the end we are talking about the mighty Arsenal. Two defeats in a row will get the best out of us again, and we have seen enough evidence at the start of the season that this team can do well again this time round.

Hope you guys have a good time tomorrow. 🙂

51. oz gunner says:

No question Herb he definitely needs replacing when he leaves.

It’s amazing how large sums of money effect things TA. We need to play him to attract a higher transfer fee, if indeed we get any (if we do not, he joins the likes of BSR for me because all the money and investment we’ve put in. If we get nothing back then he should be lynched!!!). If it was known that he would not sign I’d stick him in the reserves, put his locker separate in the storeroom, and he can train alone with no coaching staff or players to help him out! Also a 30min session each day where our players hurl abuse at him until he cries!

Hi Oz, sorry forgot to comment that I have issued a new post 🙂

Oz, if I knew he was trying to do us, I would ask Frimpong to kick him to high-heaven in April or so. 😛