Wilshere’s temperament could make or break tomorrow’s game

Tomorrow’s game against the Spuds could well become an unforgettable one for Jack Wilshere. I have a feeling it will, but then I am a big fan of JW10 and, like many, have seen in him all along a great talent, who will one day lead our beloved Arsenal to glory.

I am not saying he is ready yet, and I agree to a certain extent with those who have been saying we should not expect too much of Jack yet. However, my gut-feeling is telling me tomorrow will be his day.

In previous posts on Bergkampesque, I have been stressing how much we need Jack Wilshere in our current – once more going through a major transition this season – team.

Tomorrow, we will rely heavily on his technical and tactical abilities, as well as his character and temperament.

Jack plays in the linchpin role that nits together our two major blocks of defence and attack. In our 4-3-3 system there is often a lot of space in midfield which needs to be exploited by Arsenal, but at the same time can be exploited by the opposition. I feel we play a lot less compact than in the Fabregas (more like 4-5-1) days, and a hell of a lot is required from our three, predominantly, central midfielders.

Arteta is often sucked in by the needs/gaps of our defence and Cazorla is often required to stay near the strikers in order to make something happen, and therefore the role of the most central of central midfielders cannot be underestimated.

Whoever plays slightly ahead of Arteta has a huge job to do in gaining and keeping possession; and safeguarding the shape to our team, as well as providing Cazorla and our other three attackers with fast and accurate service. It takes a multi-skilled, animal of a midfielder to play this role to perfection.

Diaby started off fantastically in the linchpin role this season, and his performance against Liverpool was simply phenomenal. Abou has all the skills to make this role his, but unfortunately he has not been blessed with the physical health – so needed for this pivotal role – ever since that black day, at and in Sunderland, when his ankle was so horrendously snapped to pieces.

Ramsey had a few games in the linchpin role: he offers a great engine and work-rate, and he can pick a pass quite well, but he is less strong on and with the ball; and we all could see clearly what we had missed when Jack returned to the fore.

JW10 is so good at holding on to the ball in tight spaces; in finding a way out, with our without the ball. He can turn a player and not lose the ball in often very dangerous positions. He also has a great overview and can pick a killer-pass in a flash. But he is also happy to play it simple, and this ability to decide what is best to do next, is one of his major qualities; and what turns a good player into a great one.

When he moves forward with the ball, you can see that the team starts moving forward as well; with both a good shape and full of determination. They know he will not lose the ball quickly and get the game going for us: he simply leads the team technically and tactically when we are changing from defence to attack.

But there is something else about Jack that we have sorely missed recently: his temperament – his desire to win and fight for his team. He is not a nasty player but he will leave his foot in a bit, or make a strong physical challenge, when required; just to show his opponents as well as his team mates what the game means to him.

In that dreadful, drugged-out game against the Mancs a fortnight ago, Jack was one of very few who knew that our pride and honour were at stake. He was not just focussing on doing his own role as good as possible; he demonstrated to us all that fight and bottle were also required. It was almost as if he got those two yellow cards on purpose; to show the rest of the team what is needed if we want to have a chance of winning at places like Old Toilet.

I expect him to battle with real character again for us tomorrow: he cannot help it – it’s his temperament. Of course there is the risk of it getting the better of him, leading to a sending off: he is only young in the end.

But I reckon he will find the perfect balance between aggression and composure tomorrow, and I expect Jack to announce himself once again at the top stage of football.

Total Arsenal.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

45 Responses to Wilshere’s temperament could make or break tomorrow’s game

1. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Frankly I agree 100%.

LJW is a truly exceptional talent…and his ability and willingness to want, receive and hold the ball in tight spaces is truly incredible for a player of his age.

I think we’ll be fine tomorrow….

2. Red Arse says:

After reading that, TA, I am feeling much more positive! 🙂

Hi Sharkey, how’s it hanging? 😀

3. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Its hanging kind of oddly Red.

I feel like I get very little done at work, but also feel like I have little time to spare. Like I say…odd

4. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Last season this game gave us a massive lift and kick started our push for 3/4th place…I also think it completely shattered what little belief the spuds had as well.

More of the same tomorrow please

5. Red Arse says:

Agreed there Sharkey!

I have had that feeling at work too. Comes with the territory — then when it works – it works!! 😆

Good Afternoon TA, Redders & Sharkey

Fine stuff as always TA. I have come to the conclusion accidently on purpose that we will beat the N17 fools comfortably tomorrow.

Wilshere is to good for them mugs and will rip them a new one.

I have a seat high in the clouds, row 32 upper tier west stand, so when i get back i would appreciate if some one could let me know how the game went please. hahahaha

7. glic says:

Afternoon Tamponettes

Let me again say, well done Total, richly deserved.
    Let me also say, with me as Stretches moderator assistant, the futures bright, the futures filth all night !. hahaha

To answer your earlier question, no it wasn`t raining in Glicdom, until me and Junior finished the last hole ( please no filth ! hahaha )

I`m now going to collapse, knackered !.
    I`ll tell you what though, Junior is like a human JCB, I`ve never seen anyone work as hard as he does !

Cornwall me old china, since your a DIY man i need a bit of advice.

My wife seems to be strangly attracted to this Builder bloke whos just moved in next door. Shes always going on about how George can fix this or that or how fit he must be from all that manual labour he does. To make it worse ime absoloutly useless at that stuff. My skills go as far as putting in light bulbs and even then i break them.

Anyway, the Mrs was banging George…..errr, i mean on, about how George should come round and paint our living room. I thought f**k George ime going to do it myself. Surprisingly the Mrs said it was a great idea and that she would go round Georges to ask him how many coats it needed.

Now ive got a problem, its been helped a bit coz ive more time than i thought because the Mrs has been round Georges for the last 3 hours, he must be giving her some realy good advice. I never realised it was that complicated.

So the problem been, is there a better way of doing it than using your hands, Arnt you meant to use a brush or someting? hahaha

9. Aunt Proopsie says:

Dear Titmouse,

If you allow it to come to you by accident on purpose you might find you will hit it on the head. It is important that you ease into it gently and this will need plenty of hand action, but there is nothing to beat a good stiff brush!

10. glic says:

Hahaha Stretch, He`s probably shown her his Dulux chart and she`s overcome with Emulsion and I bet he`s got one of those Telescopic paint rollers which puts your telescope to shame ! . hahaha

Hi Guys, thanks for comments until now. 🙂

I am struggling to get the link with NewsNow up at the moment, but hopefully will get there eventually (getting some IT/web support at the moment).

12. Red Arse says:

I meant to say that your reference to Abou D was spot on.

He is one of the most skillful players at the club, and I had hoped that this would be his come back season, and I think Arsene thought so too.

Now with his latest long term injury I believe he is finished with his Arsenal career.
    A modest thigh strain injury for him takes as long as a ligament strain or a severe hamstring problem to recover from, and perhaps longer.

It is one thing to get clobbered on the pitch by another player, but to hurt himself just by stretching [not your style, Terry] means the writing which has long been on the wall is dripping red!! 😦

13. Red Arse says:

The initial connection with NN often causes a problem, but they are pretty good at sorting it out, and then Bob’s your uncle! 🙂

Hi RA,

agreed on Diaby – a real shame. 😦

I am having difficulties with inserting a HTML excerpt/code in to the blog. 😦

15. Red Arse says:

I know nothing about linking (Oz might), but I have looked up a couple of answers off the internet that might help???????

[1]

Use this HTML code:

Text to click on

Where URL of link is where you put the URL to link to, and Text to click on is what you want your link to say (example “Click here”).

You can also make it open in a new window, like so:

Text to click on

Or the same window (which is enabled by default, so you don’t need to do this):

Text to click on

Remember, you add tags to your link such as , , etc.

OR

[2]

Click here for more infomation.

The “” closes the tag

A forward slash within a tag (like ) finishes the specified tag (i.e. in this case we tell the page to “close the previous anchor tag”).

Any text between the “A” and the “/A” will be shown as a link (blue, underlined).

Hope that helps!

16. Red Arse says:

On the other hand I have found a ‘support’ link;

There is no FTP access to free hosted WordPress.COM blogs like the one linked to your username and we cannot install individual plugins or third party themes into them. Those found on the internet are for WordPress.ORG installs which run on different software.

Publicize and sharing buttons > To connect your blog to your LinkedIn account, go to Settings > Sharing in your site Dashboard.. instructions here > http://en.support.wordpress.com/publicize/#linkedin

I simply do not understand how this all works – fingers crossed!!

17. Red Arse says:

I have sent you a couple of links, which are stuck in moderation because of the link info.

Probably won’t help you too much but, I tried.

The other way to get help is to ask Wigan Gooner. If you do not have his email address I can send it to you.

Fine post Total……Young Jack will undoubtedly become a top player for Arsenal. He must channel his aggression correctly and not get carried away with foolish bookings and put his team under pressure having to play with ten men.

I’m hoping Giroud will cause plenty of problems for the Spurs defence tomorrow.

19. RockyLives says:

I hope you’re right about tomorrow TA (and that Jack will win it for us).

I’m feeling decidedly nervous…

20. Red Arse says:

Rocky, 🙂

VCC has been after you for your 5 match prediction!

Hi Rocky……do you fancy picking 5 fixtures from the Premiership and championship tomorrow. Select home,away, or draw. 1 point for correct selection. We have eight guys in our league. It’s just a fun thing to see who is the king on predictions.

Rocky, we have some esteemed personnel in our league……TA….TMHT….GLiC….Herb……Henrychan…..Oz…….Red Arse…..VCC.

23. RockyLives says:

VCC
    I’m in.
    Do I just list them on here?

24. RockyLives says:

Arse v Spuds H
    Liver v Wigan A
    Shitty v Villa H
    Norwich v ManUre D
    WBA v Chavs A

25. Red Arse says:

No chance Rocky – there goes your street cred!! 🙂

Cheers Rocky. Good luck to all tomorrow. Will be interesting to see who is the Daddy.

Guys, I have been stressing all day re this HTML link but I have just spoken with the wonderful mr WG and he reckons he can fix it tonight! 😛

Ozzer has produced another fantastic PM report which will go live between 9-10 tonight.

Thanks for links RA – I have not had a chance to read them, but will do. 🙂

All…….he are the selections from the BK jury…….
    Total…….Arsenal v Spurs…………..HOME..

Leicester v Ipswich ……….HOME

Rocky. Arsenal v Spurs ……………HOME
    Liverpool v Wigan …………AWAY
    Man City v A.V. …………….HOME
    Norwich v M.U. …………….DRAW
    W.B.A. v Chelsea …………AWAY

Good luck all. Many thanks for taking part.

Big Daddy (aka VCC), what do i get if i win apart from prestige. I want women and money

30. Red Arse says:

Was that the result of my wonderful 17:54? 😀

Terry…….GLiC is supplying the prizes this week. I can’t tell aas I’m sworn to secrecy. I think the winner will be pleased though.

32. Red Arse says:

Hi VCC,

Glic has already told me. The prize is a used set of his old false teeth, and Terry’s syrup with the dandruff! 🙂

I want women Big Daddy, not i signed picture of Cornwall in his underpants. hahahaha

Redders, now were talking. hahahaha

Red Arse….you Bounder……GLiC won’t be pleased now you’ve revealed the prizes.

36. Red Arse says:

VCC,

I felt ill after typing that. Got to go and look at a pic of Terry, that always cheers me up!! 🙂

Tomorrow guys!

37. glic says:

Stretch

The prize will be…………an unbelievable life like glic mask, (it`s the same one that Brad Pitt use`s in his love scenes with Angellina Jolie ). Women will then pay you, but you will have to put up with Women moaning and groaning my name !……………….ohh, I forgot your already used to that already ! . hahaha

See you later Redders. I will post you a new pic of myself posing seductivly, completely starkers apart from the syrup covering the privates. hahahaha

Cornwall, hahahaha. to be honest it would be nice to hear a familiar name not the usual, ohhhh George, Dave, Mark, anybody but Terry, your the best. hahahaha

Got to go lads, will roar the boys on tomorrow for the lot of us……….then probably get beaten up by a spud. hahahaha

Cheers Terry…..Give em a shout for all us BKers. Ava G8 day.

Hello again 🙂

Sharkey, if you are still reading tonight: it would be really great if you would join UMF’s (VCC) football league too: we would get into double figures then and I reckon you are very good at this! 🙂

GLic @15.25 v funny: you can tell when you have been out in the fresh air for a while: that’s when you come out with the best jokes: ‘Wet Summers in Cornwall, rubbish, the only wet Summers in Cornwall are the Ann Summers lingerie models who leave my Love Shack drenched and soaking!. hahaha’ 😛

RA@17.51 How did you know that? top stuff. Wigan has indeed sorted it with downloading a plugin….I think…! 😕

Rocky, I am feeling less nervous than I usually do. Wigan away win at Liverpool?! Good call – they have won there last year; was it?

RA, I had called WG in the afternoon buthe had left his mobile at home. He fixed it in 10 minutes flat! Great guy! 🙂

44. oz gunner says:

well said TA, he is such a vital player. I expect him to lift a gear because he of all people knows the importance of this match.

Career stats:
    73 starts, 13 sub, 14 yellow cards, 2 red cards (one against evra, and one against that giant zigic after he game him a bloodied lip and mouth caused by a forearm to the mush!)

So appearance wise that’s a card every 5.375 games. Compare that to Song:

Song’s career stats:
    234 starts, 37 sub, 59 yellow cards, 1 red card (wow amazing stat for his role)

So for song that is a card every 4.56 games

So young Jack ain’t all that bad!

Are you ready for a multi-dimensional match pre-view that will out fire in your bellies?!

New Post by Oz – New Post by Oz! 🙂