Unselfish Giroud too much for his old teammates: Arsenal 2 – 0 Montpellier

We almost take qualification into the next round of the CL for granted nowadays, but we only have to look at the Southern and Northern Oilers to realise how special it is to be once again in the last sixteen of the most prestigious club tournament in the world.

Montpellier made it hard for us in the first half by pressing constantly and not allowing us to keep the ball for long. I thought they did that really well; but as predicted they were not able to do much harm to us where it mattered most. They now only scored eight goals in their last seven games, and they must feel gutted seeing Giroud doing so well for us at the moment. I do feel for them a bit.

In the second half, Arsenal were better at keeping the ball and getting into areas where we could hurt them. Giroud proved to be the ideal attacking pivot in this game, as he unselfishly provided both Wilshere and Podolski with fine assists.

The first one started with a decent cross by Vermaelen towards Giroud; the Frenchman out-jumped his former teammates and presented Wilshere with the perfect assist. Jack did not believe his luck and calmly stroked the ball past and behind Jourdren. It was great to see the joy on Jack’s face: it had been two years – 10% of his entire life – since he scored last for Arsenal, so no wonder he was so pleased.

But the highlight of the night was the second goal. A strong and determined run by Ox, from the right-hand side towards Montpellier’s box, instigated the goal. Once he moved into the danger area, he passed the ball to Podolski just outside the box. The German quickly passed to Giroud, who also did not hesitate for a second and bounced the ball back to Podolski at the perfect height for his left howitzer. Podolski put all his venom into his volley, and Jourdren had no chance: a beautiful team goal, involving all three attackers.

After that, Montpellier tried to regain control but were never dangerous, and Arsenal could see out the game with relative ease.

A clean sheet and two fine goals; and Arsenal are now qualified for the next round: job truly and well done! With a bit of luck, there are no further injuries and we can start preparing for what will be, without any doubt, another tough, physical battle against Aston Villa in three days time.

I know many fellow Gooners reckon Arsenal have no chance to win the CL this year and they could well be right; but it is tournament in which luck plays a big part.

The clear favourites: Barcelona (Celtic), Real Madrid (Dortmund), and Bayern (Bate Borisov), have all been beaten in Europe already, and there is no reason to believe we cannot beat them too.

Clearly, Arsenal are outsiders, but you never know; maybe Arsene will be holding up the cup with the big ears at Wembley on the 25 May 2013. Stranger things have happened! 🙂

Total Arsenal.

100 Responses to Unselfish Giroud too much for his old teammates: Arsenal 2 – 0 Montpellier

Morning all..
    Altough I didn’t get the live streaming but still happy.. hehe..

Yes TA.. we can beat all the team you mention.. We did it before.. and will be again.. We keep progressing to become the solid team week by week..
    I wish we will be at least to semifinal..
    I hope the drawing will meet us again Milan.. hehe.. we must payback last season fail.. And we much stronger now..

Go Gunners..

That is the spirit Henry 🙂

Shame you did not see the game. Did you manage to see the goals afterwards?

3. YAMIKANI MAZENGO says:

the time has come to defeat not to be defeated
    arsenal the best indeed!

4. Aurijit says:

Great Result!! ….
    First Half was frustrating with no visible understanding among the players in the final third.
    We had good ball possession in the middle of the park…. Loved the skills shown be cazorla & Wilshere. Defence was solid.

Second half a little more cohersion and two goals . Olivier Giroud has impeccable touch and feeds two brilliant assists. Podolski reminded me RVP days but with extra venom in the shot!! Beautiful goal it was. Wilshere lost possession few times in the second half, Chamberlain was at his best this season but left Sagna isolated in attack from the right wing . Arteta and defence had a good solid display overall.

This team still needs little more “oiling” before it can unleash it’s full potential ..

Good Day mates !!

5. Red Arse says:

Good Morning, 🙂

Well said Aurijit. I agree with your summary!

Cheers Deni! 🙂

I like that ‘war cry’, Yamikani!

Morning all, Aurijit and Redders 🙂

Good summary indeed Aurijit. As said in the post, some credit is due to Montpellier for not allowing us to get into our game at all. Their pressing as a whole team was impressive. Agreed on your observations on Ox. Theo is still well ahead of him on the right, and he cooperates really well with Sagna too. Ox tended to move too much towards the middle; especially in first half.

If you want you could tell us a bit about the festival of light. What does it entail etc? 🙂

Hi Deni and Yamikani, welcome to you both. Nice to see your Gooners.

Aurijit, well put sir. We performed well in the second half. Now we must force a win against Aston Villa on Saturday.

Good morning Redders, busy day ahead?

10. Red Arse says:

Hi VCC, 🙂

I will be around today when I can – still not 100%, but we all have our problems.

The next game is always the most important and you are spot on regarding the need to win against Villa.

11. Red Arse says:

Hi TA, 🙂

I won’t bother buying a newspaper today to read what they thought of the game.

Your first class report has said it all, in my opinion.

Giroud is rapidly becoming my favourite front man. The header for Jack’s goal was just what we hve been missing, and he is gutsy! What’s not to like? 🙂

A good efficient win even if it was not the glossy display we have seen in the past.
    Works for me!!

Thanks RA 🙂

It is just great to know we don’t need a result in Greece, which effectively means a break for our most used players. Same goes for the next League Cup game so that’s two breaks in what is now a very busy PL schedule.

Giroud’s touch for both goals was very good. I also loved Jack’s anticipation and run into the box for Ollie’s lay-off. 🙂

Morning VCC 🙂

Hi Deni.. Are You from Indonesia..??
    Nice to see you here.. hehehehe..

Morning Total.

Nice result last night. First half was dire, but we picked it up in the second half. Looks like I may have to eat my hat regards Giroud. Two excellent assists. Work rate good and his touch is improving. We may just have found what we have been looking for over the last few years, fingers crossed.

As I mentioned before, if we can pull off a win in our next two fixtures away to both Aston Villa and Everton, it’s possible we could go on a nice unbeaten run with relatively easier fixtures between now and January first. Swansea (home) W.B.A. (home) Reading (away) Wigan (away) W.H.U. (home) Newcastle (home) Southampton (away).

Hopefully a nice Christmas present for all us Gooners, well that’s what I,ve put in my letter to Santa.

COYG

15. glic says:

Morning UMF`s, it is your spiritual leader of handsome bastardness. hahaha

Win the CL ?. We`ve as much chance as the Chavs had last year !, but like them, we need one of our majority shareholders to aquire all the rabbits foots, four leaf clovers etc available in the world !.
    Basically it`s a Cup Competition from now on, so anything can happen !.

I will start the ball rolling by roggering my lucky mirror thirteen times !
    Redders can slam shut his two ton dictionary on his hampton thirteen times !
    VCC can gargle Totals Kyntyerean Cheese wine whilst driving thirteen times up the A13 backwards on his mobility scooter.
    Stretch can extend his telescope thirteen times………..then again, maybe not, thats probably what got him into trouble !
    Oz can blow us a ABBA-riginal tune, winner takes it all, on PPP`s didgeridoo !.
    henrychan can go thirteen hours saying nothing but, hehehe !.
    Herb can go thirteen hours singing nothing but Arsenal and Arsene praise without mentioning the past, especially how we didn`t get purple conk in 1986 (?) !.

After all that, CL in the bag !. hahaha

16. glic says:

PS
    Remember guys, if we dont win CL, it`s because one or more of you didn`t do the above !. So it will be your fault !. 👿

Morning Glic 🙂

VCC, if we win both away games, I will be over the moon. They are tough, tough fixtures for us, and the team will have to dig deep twice in the next 6 days. I expect us to drop at least two points in those fixtures (but hope for six! 🙂 ).

Where I am not really agreeing with you is the view we have an easier run after those two games. I am convinced there are no easy fixtures any more for us, and I reckon the same goes for most teams. Arsenal have to scrap and fight for every win, at least for a while. But at least the team has shown an ability to fight and get results recently. 🙂

GLiC: ‘Oz can blow us a ABBA-riginal tune’ 😆

19. Red Arse says:

Hi Glicster, 🙂

You are potty, but always make me laugh!!! 😀

Can you do me a favour? I seem to have missed your recent link to some more Glic comedy, so if you could re-post it today I would be mucho grateful! 🙂

RA, just go to the BK video’s page (top right hand side)

GLiC…..I have cruise control on my mobility scooter. Not allowed on the M25 so I have to use the A13 all the time. I’ve asked Santa for one of those plastic covers so I don’t get wet.

It’s a nice maroon one.

RA…09:15…..I asked you yesterday not to encourage GLiC.

It’s funnier listening to talk sport

23. glic says:

True, Adrian Durham cracks me up ! hahaha, seriously he does !. hahaha

GLiC…..just listened to your latest xtra normal clip. I have tears in my eyes. You should take up script writing…….Shame Derek and Clive are not still going, you’d do well for them.

25. richie59er says:

Great second half which I think came about because Montpellier couldn’t be expected to keep up their first half level of pressing. As their pressing game dropped so we came on, finding space where first half there was none. I liked “Girou” 😀 almost as soon as he came to us, not because scored or had such great games, but as he was new I kept watching his movement, and I found him making intelligent off the ball runs. Those initial runs told me enough, here was either a very intellectual or an instinctive player either of which would do for me. For the ultimate intellectual player you’d have to be thinking Bergkampesque or Henryesque, for instinctual you couldn’t look any further than Ian Wright. I’m not at all surprised that Giroud is starting to come good, I would’ve been more surprised if he hadn’t.

I stated on another site that seems to have the same “motley crew” of bloggers that this site enjoys, that I thought that the club and Arsene hadn’t done too badly in swapping two for one, and I was reminded of that point yesterday (by the combo) when the Pod’s volleying technique was highlighted superbly following another sweet assist from OG. That volley was mildly reminiscent of a certain player that was once lucky enough to grace both Highbury & The Em’s in our clubs colours, I just wish I could remember his name. Obviously he wasn’t one of our greats or I’d remember, but if he was by grace of Dennis to end up injured in any way (especially long term) the name would trip off my lips and fingers at an instant. Memories are strange creatures. 🙂

P.S. Great site TA

26. Red Arse says:

Thanks, TA, I have now watched the Glic special and will have to go for a lie down as my ribs are hurting me so much!! 😀

VCC, whether we encourage him or not, the Glicster will rampage across BK with his contagious humour – and by the way, you are not too bad yourself!! 😆

27. Red Arse says:

richie, you have summed that up very well, and I certainly agree about the difference Giro has made. 🙂

It’s odd that Chamakh has much the same physique and is also a little lacking in pace, but Giro has shown him what he too could have done for us, if he had given his all like Giroud does!

Red Arse… 😉

As Christmas is coming, I would like to share an experience with all you BK’ers about drinking and driving……

Over the years some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd after-work session, girls’ lunch or golf game.

A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends and had a few too many vidkas and some rather nice red wine.

Knowing full well I was probably slightly over the limit, I did something I’ve never done before – I took a bus home!

On the way, there was a police roadblock, but, as it was a bus, they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise, as I have never driven a bus before, and I have absolutely no idea where I got it.

30. Herb'sArmy says:

Hi All.
    VCC (from yesterday), if it means the club can save money, absolutely, though it seems Red Bull aren’t that keen.
    Total (again from yesterday): Not for me, how long do we have to have to keep being reminded he loves Arsenal? We all love Arsenal with at least as much passion, if not more, will Mr Wenger put us on the pay-roll? I still haven’t forgiven him for his 70th minute ‘pass back’ in 2006 CL final, and the way he left a year later after signing a lucrative four-year contract after contributing virtually nothing in the 2006-07 season.
    GliC, you are asking the impossible.I only hope the Arsenal hierarchy tune-in to Durham’s ‘Daily Arsenal’.

31. Red Arse says:

Hi Herb, 🙂

But it was a good win last night, wouldn’t you agree? Altho, perhaps, without the panache of years gone by.

32. Red Arse says:

Also, Herb, credit where it is due. In the Champions league Final of 2005/06 we were within a whisker of winning that against the mighty Barcelona.

it is not often referred to, but Thierry henry, one of the titans of yesteryear, missed not one but two ‘one on one’ chances against their keeper which would have thrilled us, the fans, and put AW on a pedestal.

It was not Wenger’s fault that Henry blew a great chance for us to have won the trophy everyone wants, is it, do you think? 😀

Hi and cheers Richie 🙂

I am happy you also mentioned the excellent pressing game by Montpellier last night. I feel we often struggle if a team does this to us, and for me this is partly to do with our current 4-3-3 formation; which makes us play less compact/more spread over the pitch.

I have been critical of Giroud as I felt he was not very effective in shielding the ball for us, and I did not rate his first touch very much either. It looks like now that this was mostly to do with a combination of nerves and over-eagerness, and his recent performances have been absolute bliss. Is he wright-esque? Not sure; he reminds me of Shearer and Van Nistelrooij in terms of style, but then there was his second assist last night that had a certain subtlety and fast thinking of DB10 in it. Let’s hope he’ll continue his fine form and stay fit. 🙂

Really glad you could not remember the name of that player you would like to disappear into oblivion. 😛

34. glic says:

Hi Herb
    I always listen to Durham`s ” Daily Arsenal “, it`s highlight of the day on Talk Sport, any publicity is good publicity ! hahaha

See what I mean BKers, that Old Canute VCC is admitting it himself now @ 11:30, ” had a few too many viduka`s “. He cant turn back the tide of Seamen coming out of Viduka`s Polaris missiled sub !. Must have sent him ballistic !.

VCC, you took that bus from the Allianz Arena where the chavs had left two for eternity. 🙂

Hi Herb 🙂

Players really loving our club is definitely special to me. I would love it to see him back in our shirt for a few months and I am sure it will be worth it. 🙂

GLiC 😛

Right off to claim back my winnings (had 1-1 on Northern Oilers v Maureen’s cry-babies), followed by a full-English. Yep, live is good. 🙂

38. Herb'sArmy says:

Hi Redders,
    a decent win against a team with nothing to play for. It’s a pity we couldn’t raise our game against Schalke 04, and try and actually win the group, something we haven’t done for a couple of seasons, and has ultimately cost us in the knock-out phase.
    As someone (Durham?) said on TalkSPORT yesterday, if Abramovich owned Arsenal, we wouldn’t be going into our eighth trophy-less year, and it’s doubtful that Mr Wenger would still be there. But we have Kroenke, and that’s why Arsenal will never win the CL under this regime. I will always love the club, but despise the way it’s being run.

39. glic says:

Just caught site of Carol Vorderhump….Vordershag…….Vordersomething…..Darf Vorder…. on loose women, she`s dressed in Orange, it would appeal to me to peel her !.
    Vorderman…..sounds Dutch, must have a look on wiki !. back in a mo` !

40. glic says:

Her dads was Dutch !.
    So she will probably like to come and open my Love Shack when it`s finished, where I will teach the Dutch/glic hybrid system of , “Total F**kball” ( patent pending ) !.

41. Herb'sArmy says:

He didn’t do anything that special, Total. A winning goal against Leeds, which was a waste as we had no intention of winning the FA Cup, 1 in a 2-0 win over an ordinary Sunderland, and 1 in our 7-1 romp over Blackburn. Hardly a season-defining move, was it! Perhaps you would advocate bringing Bergkamp and Pires back to play cameo’s too. Move on, their time is done Stop insulting fans and bring in the quality required instead of perpetually relying on has-beens.

42. glic says:

Hi Herb 🙂
    Just like I think Arsenal would have probably won more Trophies had Abrambitch not come onto the scene. I have to agree that we would have won some had he bought us.
    The thing is , he didn`t, so instead of wondering what might have been, lets look forward to what will probably happen. Wheels are in motion now as we know, with the likes of FFP and the EPL`s own version to make the future something to look forward to.
    Arsenal have, with great vision, laid the solid foundations to be at the forefront for the oncoming years.
    Do you seriously think that the powers that be, were going to just sit back and let the likes of City and Chavs mop up the floor year after year ?.
    The tide will turn my friend. If nothing, at least we will eventually have a level playing field. Thats all we ask for as the cream will rise to the top !. Amen !. 🙂

GLiC, you’ll find that patent is already mine! 😀

I never realised the name was Dutch somehow. Vorderman is probably an old-fashioned Dutch name for a debt collector. Now that might get your creative juices running…

Herb, he lifted the spirit of the entire team and scored important goals. But I accept that you see it differently.

What do you make of Villa this season: what are their strengths and weaknesses?

45. glic says:

I`m not greedy Total, I`ll share with you and I`ll even share the Orange juices of Vorderman !. We will be Total Tangoed !. Mmmmmm… hahaha

46. Herb'sArmy says:

Hi GliC,
    Personally, I think you are placing far too much faith in FFP. On the ‘sportsbar’ on TalkSPORT last night, the presenter suggested that were Guardiola to arrive at Chelsea next summer and offer Barca £200m for Messi, they would find it impossible to refuse because of the size of their debt. And even if that is pie-in-the-sky, Chelsea and MC are not going to let UEFA dictate to them how they spend their money.

The debt collector:

48. Red Arse says:

Glicster, @ 13:44

Pack it in! You sound like a highly intelligent college Professor discussing philosophy appertaining to football club management. Crikey!

What have you done to our comedy genius Glic??? 😀

49. glic says:

Thanks a lot Total, I just made a mess of my screen !. hahaha

Nice colours !.

Sorry Herb, but the big clubs are Real, Barca, Manu , Bayern, Arsenal , Milan etc who all want FFP, not the tiddly little clubs like Chavs, City, Malaga, Anzhi etc who will be listened to by no one !.
    Love to see how Chavs would get around that one £200m plus wages, then again they did make £ 1.5m last year !.

50. glic says:

Redders
    I`ve decided to be serious glic from now on as I`m fed up of being laughed at !. hahaha

51. glic says:

Hahaha I keep clicking on to Totals Vorderman picture, and thought, ” how old is she ? “. So I went back onto her wiki page to discover she is 52 in December, I then clicked to go back a page on wiki and it went onto a picture of a massive UGM-27 Polaris missile ( which I looked up for a Previous comment about VCC ) hahahaha, I kept clicking back and forth !……Vorderman…Big Missile….Vordeman…..Big Missile….! hahahaha

Total 14:01……Yes please

😆 ”Glicky baby hurry down the chimney tonight”

54. Red Arse says:

I forgot to say that I heard on Glic’s favourite radio station that the agent of Huntelaar has intimated that he will move in January and that Arsenal is his destination.

With Giro playing so well I’m not sure what to make of that. Giro replacement? Surely not!

Hope not Redders……Giro is in the bag already, we don’t need Huntelaar.

Redders would you sign my petition..”………..We need a LEFT BACK……

57. glic says:

Hold on, I`ll be RIGHT BACK to sign this petition !

Not before he signed: ‘A DM first of all’ petition! 🙂

59. Herb'sArmy says:

Lifted the spirit of the entire team, Total? The same team that surrendered so pathetically in Milan? And in what context were his goals important?
    Aston Villa are still suffering from Martin O’Neill’s over-spending, and Paul Lambert has a huge job on to revive their fortunes. Subsequent management choices after O’Neill did them no favours (Houllier and McLeish), but I think he’ll keep them up. Lambert has a touchline ban on Saturday, which may or may not work in our favour, but if the same Villa that played MU recently, turn up, we’re in for a battle.

60. glic says:

RIGHT BACK !
    So you want to be LEFT BACK in Vordermans box ?
    I`ll have to have a word with Total as It`s getting a bit cramped in there !. Next we`ll have Redders demanding to play up front !.

I really feel our number one priority is a left back.

GLiC, I have a feeling Redders has met Vorderman already in his life. He has a fetish for numbers and the rest is obvious. 🙂

63. Red Arse says:

VCC/TA,

For me it would have to be a ‘proper’ holding/tough nut midfielder, like Mbwia, who really held Montpelier together last night.

This won’t be popular, but, Arteta is ageing and his ‘lack of legs’ is beginning to show, I do not think Le Coq is top quality (and has been saying he wants to leave in January) and for all that I have always supported Rambo, I think he is taking too long to get back to his pre-injury form!!

Erm – What has happened to the lunchtime New Post call? I want to see BK up there on NN at times normal people are about, not at the midnight witching hour frequented just by you Total!!!!!! 😀

I know VCC – am only winding you up. 😀

65. glic says:

I think we should have a petition to sign up Vorderman as Honoury Life President Of Bergkampesque !.

66. Red Arse says:

Glic/TA,

You are both very wicked, and you with VCC have led poor old Terrynutkins astray, and now look what has happened!!

I bet his Mrs read the blogs when he was out — and there were you little devils!!!! 😀

Hi Herb, thanks for the update. Didn’t realise he had a touchline ban (are you taking not Ozzer?! 🙂 ). I agree with you they will give us a hard battle on Saturday; and they did not play midweek, so will be fully rested too.

GLiC, what fantastic idea! Vorderman is ideal: brains, balls and bergkampesque!! 😛

69. glic says:

NOOOOOOOOOOO !

You`ve just given me a `orrible vision of Vorderman stripping off and revealing some ” Jacobs ” !.

70. glic says:

Redders
    I should imagine Terry`s Nutkins are in a very precarious position at the moment ! 😦

RA, I fully agree re your 14:54 statement. I love Arteta – a great squad player to have and he is doing a fine job. But we are relying far too much on him at the moment, and it is showing. If we can add a beast of a DM to this side, we will make a step improvement in no time. Yes, VCC is right, we also need better cover at LB; but DM is the priority.

I hope you are right re Huntelaar, but I cannot believe it is true. Although Amy Lawrence of the The Guardian wrote an article late last night saying we are slowly getting into the same position as we did with van Pudsie last year: becoming over-reliant on Giroud. Maybe she has got a point, although I think it is far fetched.

Next blog will indeed be tonight again, Redders. Sorry amigo. 😦

At the moment, BK gets 3x more views overnight when I don’t have to compete with the gossip blogs. BK had almost 3500 views in 24 hours since it got on NN – the average before, with a lot of hard work, was 500…

Really happy with how it is working out, and once again thanks to all BK readers, bloggers and contributors (posts, videos, etc). I love you guys. 😛

72. Red Arse says:

Wow, TA!!!! ‘Nuff said, as the bollocky Vorderman would put it! 🙂

73. Herb'sArmy says:

Sorry Redders, forgot to say a big thank you for last week.
    And congratulations for getting BK on NN,Total.

74. Red Arse says:

So what we need, to give you a break and increase the ‘non-vampire’ time bloggers is a Post or two from the likes of Glic, VCC, Oz, Terry, Herb, Vorderman and the other BK bloggers, and maybe even me!!

Now that is a great idea, Rocky!!!! 😆

75. Red Arse says:

No need for thanks, Herb, you are always welcome! 🙂

76. glic says:

I`ve got a post for Vorderman !

Fair enough, it`s not a massive post, but it will do the job ! hahaha

Just as well, a massive one would blog everything up.

Thanks Herb! 🙂

A post by Vorderman would be right up your street, Redders. She would probably try to quantify the meaning of the whole is more than the sum of its parts principle in football: something I can imagine you doing. 😛

79. Red Arse says:

Vorderwoman is too old for me!! Altho I am interested to hear Glic saying he only has a little Post for her!! 😀

80. glic says:

Redders.

Vordeman too old !!!

Take the accountant hat off, dont look at the age number 52 ( and dont think of Bendtner ! ).

Look at the curves ! 🙂

Dont worry, she wont throw you a curve ball !. hahaha

Hahaha too old – now you are talking Redders! 😛

Wigan has produced another fine, uplifting post today:

82. glic says:

Redders

You need to think of Vorderman as a Mathematical analysis !.

Use the BODMAS method, I know, I know, just the mention of it has you on a frenzy !

( BRACKETS first, they need to be strong on the bed for both you and the legendary massive dic……tionary ) make sure she`s in good ORDER, next DIVIDE her legs, give her a MULTIPLICATION of orgasms with the ADDITION of your unitelligible language and finally SUBTRACT your dic…..tionary = a happy accountant !

83. Red Arse says:

Glic, 😀 😀 😀 you are impossible – and brilliant Glicster!!!

hahahahaha – crazy nutbum is at it again! 😀

85. glic says:

Total
    When I look on NN, I look for the most interesting headline, so if you run with a headline say like ….erm….Kroenke caught Tea Bagging !, wouldn`t it get more hits ?. You could then print a picture of Stan buying a box of Tetley`s at ASDA or of dunking his teabag in a cup !. Then once you`ve reeled them in, they will be hooked by your great posts !. Sorted ! hahaha

Glic asked: “How do you get in the top stories ?. Is it down to Hits or down to the Headline on the post post ?.”

It’s down to both: you need views or hits to get in there: the more views the higher a blog will end up in NN top-40 for that day; but without a good headline we will not get the views; however good the post itself is. I am very pleased to get into top-10 (for a short while) with a pure football headline, although: ‘Kroenke caught tea-bagging in Arsenal’s new Adidas shirt’ would surely go all the way to the top. 🙂

Good news re shirt-sponsor deal. Thank for the links.

87. glic says:

Total
    Your posts are always quality, so like I thought, it`s all down to a catchy headline to reel them in !.
    As for that headline, going to the top !, I reckon it would go through the roof and end up in Uranus !. Space the final frontier……………hahaha

😆 you have a vivid imagination and are naturally funny: a talent very few possess, Glic. 🙂

Total…..you don’t know him that well, he’s a twat.

90. oz gunner says:

Well done TA, fantastic news! So if we chuck catchy titles in linking Arsenal with something Asian or Indian we will be laughing, billions on BK!

great post match, agree with it all!

GLIC, I’ve started practising!!!

@ VCC

are you okay my old friend? just got the news of someone crashing their electric chair, just checking it wasn’t you!!!

also wheres this petition, i’ll sign it 50 times!

91. oz gunner says:

I think we are right in it with a chance at winning the CL, why can’t we? I think it’s comes down to a lot of luck and easier than winning the EPL now.

For DM i’d prefer wanagyamaamamamaamama from Celtic. He smashed Barca in their game and would come relatively cheap.

But I’m still on the Frimpong/Coquelin train. One will be ready to step up when Arteta starts showing signs of drop off

New Post – New Post! 🙂

Hahaha – great videos Oz! 🙂

94. oz gunner says:

Top recruiters say on average a player may improve 20% once they’ve signed, but the one thing that is almost impossible to drill into a player is determination, will, and motivation.

Frimpong was exceptional during his short time at Wolves, there is no reason to suggest he can’t deliver again out on loan. We all say how we want fighters who will bleed for the club, look no further than frimpong! He could be our Tiote. It’s not like he is a one dimensional strong tackler with no passing quality as well, look at the video and you will see what he is capable of:

95. oz gunner says:

bugger, off i go to the new one!