Could Vermaelen or Koscielny solve our DM problem?

Arsenals-Belgian-defender-007

Arsenal have three fine CB’s  in Koz, BFG and Vermaelen and to leave any of these three on the bench seems a waste. Of course, I recognise the need to have quality on the bench, and in that respect, long may it continue that we have somebody of the calibre of Koz ready to come on in case of injury, or somebody needing a rest.

My favourite CB pairing is actually BFG and Koz, but I can understand why Wenger wants to play his captain as much as possible.

I have also written a few posts recently on the need to add more steel in midfield: somebody who tackles really well, is good in the air, and somebody who reads the game well  and positions himself as cleverly as Arteta does.

On top of the above, I am a big fan of Miguel and I reckon he needs to be integrated into the first team now; starting with more cameos this season. With Djourou potentially leaving this January, there might be an opportunity to do just that.

So would it be a good idea to move either  Koz or Vermaelen into midfield, and make Miguel our first in-line CB replacement in case of injury or suspension?

Vermaelen would add a lot of steel to our midfield and I would be excited to see him have a trial in that role. But, I am not sure whether he would be good at reading the midfield game, and whether he would be good at making the right intervention decisions.

Koz would add a lot of steel too and his tackling is second to none, and I also find him a good reader of the game, who makes good intervention decisions, but whether he can do it in midfield as good as he does it in defence remains to be seen.

In our 4-2-1-3 formation, the deepest laying midfielder cannot just be a traditional DM who hoovers up everything in front of him and then moves the ball on: he also needs to participate in attacking moves, by moving the ball on quickly and picking a good pass regularly. Again I am not sure whether either Koz or Vermaelen are suitable for this. In his CB role, Vermaelen seems to be ahead of Koz in terms of picking a quick pass or steaming forwards to support our attack. And it is the latter, that makes me think that Vermaelen could work well in our 4-2-1-3 formation, especially if he plays next to Wilshere or Arteta who can stay behind to provide defensive cover if necessary.

But my gut feeling tells me that Koz would be the best option. Koz is a good reader of the game and has a great work rate (just like Vermaelen), and he also seems to have a good positional awareness which is so crucial for the deepest midfielder position. I also must admit that I like Koz very much as a player and I find it a waste that he has not been playing much recently, and is likely to be replaced by Mertesacker again this Saturday.

I have also not given up on Coquelin, but for me he is more of long-term option. Would I like us to sign M’Villa or Strootman this January? Of course I do, but it is always worth looking at our own squad to see whether we can fill a key position from within.

And if Arsene were to move either TV, or ideally Koz, into the DM position, I would welcome that.

What do you think?

Written by: Total Arsenal.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

82 Responses to Could Vermaelen or Koscielny solve our DM problem?

1. Steve says:

No, they are not specialists in that area. It’s pretty simple, buy a decent DM, one with aggression, pace, and half a brain.

2. afc says:

Would it not be easier to play a 5-2-3 formation with BFG, Koscielny, and Vermaelen as the 3 CB with Sagna/ Jenk as RWB and Gibbs as LWB with Wilshere and Arteta or any new midfeilder we aquire in January in the Midfield with Walcott/ Giroud or any new striker we aquire in January with Podolski on LW and Santi on RW with Ox as back up on the bench. If our midfeild becomes outnumbered Vermaelen or Koscienly could help out, acting as a sweeper coming into midfield when needed, meanwhile primarily playing in their preferred position as CB with Miquel on the bench as back up if needed.

3. AsatSanchez says:

Nice Read. Would prefer Koz though

4. ITS OUT OF POINT, MOVIN DIS PPLE DM, WENGER BUY M.VILA TO SOLVE DIS PROBLEMS

5. oz gunner says:

Good post TA, something I think about a lot as it’s my favourite position on the pitch.

You are right it does seem like a waste to see three quality CB’s fighting for just the two spots. With no light at the end of the tunnel for Miquel (I don’t want him to get fed up and leave back to Spain like Pique did). Verm would be a good call given his ferocious tackling and dangerous shooting ability. Some will say he doesn’t have the elegance passing wise needed in an Arsenal midfield, but do we need to in that position? Gilberto didn’t, nor did Flamini. They just busted a gut to get where they needed to be!

I’d like to see Vermaelen told at the end of the season that his new position is going to be DM. In the off-season he can watch videos, increase his stamina, work with the midfield, and work on his positional sense. He would be a monster and give us extra aerial ability up the field.

My only problem now is Vermaelen’s heart. He is a warrior and would run himself into the ground at the moment if he was played in that position. It’s not his fault, but I’m sure he’d try and get to every attacking drive, and every defensive counter.

Frimpong concerns me. He would be a great shout but has he done enough in the 5 starts he had for Charlton to impress Arsene? His contract expires in the Summer so I hope he impresses on the training track. He bleeds Arsenal and is ferocious, you could not find a more suited ‘beast’ for the DM role.

I’d also like to throw up Coquelin. People forget him all to often because they are after this ‘beast’ DM, so because Coquelin isn’t bigger does that mean he does not fit the bill. Flamini is 5’10 and so is Coquelin. I dare one Arsenal supporter to say Flamini wasn’t a force in his last season. He was tenacious, driven, had great stamina, and won the ball back constantly. Coquelin is exactly the same! Last season he filled in at RB (did a really good job), was our only shining light during the horror show at Old Trafford, and was injured.

He has played for France from under 17’s through til under 21’s and will eventually push out M’Vila.

So this is more of a plea than anything, forget this ‘beast DM’ junk Arsenal fans (and shhh fellani is an AM not DM!!!!!!) Coquelin knows the tactics, knows the team, doesn’t cost anything, has a great range of passing, and fits perfectly. All he needs is a run of games, don’t forget him because he plays only 5 mins here and there!

Make it happen ARSENE!!!!!

6. Lee says:

No. Terrible idea for Kos or TV there.
    Why have we got Frimpong & Coquelin? The ONLY thing they are are DMs. Stick them in.

Steve, a specialist would be great, but they take time to settle in – Koz or TV could fit in fairly quickly.

8. oz gunner says:

Can’t tell me these two are so different. Except Coquelin has better passing

9. oz gunner says:

fans can’t say in one breathe play eisfeld and the youngsters but then not want Coquelin (who has proved things at the required level) to get his chance.

It’s all media driven for the most part and a lot of supporters jump on board

AFC – that looks like a very sensible solution too. 🙂

11. Herb'sArmy says:

All day I’ve been hearing Van der Sar (your fellow countryman, just like Cruyff), calling Arsenal a selling club that nurtures talent for other clubs to reap the benefits. I can only assume that you went with what has become another huge bug-bear for the fans, playing players out of position, because the other topic is too toxic and uncomfortable for you to debate about.

Hi Oz 🙂

Very fine comment and no surprise you make a big case for Coquelin. I just think he lacks the experience which is reflected in his positioning and decision making, as in sussing out danger in time and being in the right position to kill it off. You are right though, that he will be able to learn this by simply playing all the time. But this could come with a big price to pay.

13. oz gunner says:

I think he is more than ready TA. He did his time at Lorient and was very impressive. Last season he was tenacious and closed down United constantly (too bad he didn’t have much help though). I think the timing is right, you will either sink or swim, and I definitely feel it’d be the latter!

14. oz gunner says:

Just read the KFC fiasco GLIC, that is great! Especially when they tried it before and ended up in an animal shelter,robbing them of only $50.
    I wonder if one sack was full with Money and the other was full of nuggets, hot and spicy, and some potato and gravy!

Fair enough Oz, question is why has he not convinced Wenger enough on the training ground? Or is Arsene just too risk averse and keeps playing Arteta until he is knackered/injured?

16. Agim Ymeri says:

Totally agree. I think TV would be very good. Is good with headers, playing further up would make him less panicking or slipping on the ball, besides is good at going forward and why not scoring goals. David Luiz case is working for Chelsea. But…..but, but, does Monssieur Wenger listen to anyone??!!

17. oz gunner says:

I’m not sure TA. I’m not sure what changed in Arsene’s mind over the last few seasons. He was renowned for giving youngsters a go, but now he seems to stick with the same few players. I don’t know if it’s because he desperately wants to win something so he doesn’t want to take the risk or if it’s because he doesn’t see enough in training. I’m not sure but it seems to happen with a lot of players. Eisfeld scores two in a 21’s game you would think that’s enough to get some pitch time, at least as a sub?!

It makes us look like we have a squad thinner than Fulham, but we really don’t. Yennaris, meade, miquel, gnabry, eisfeld, akpom (who Arsene feels will get game time next season and is only 17), aneke, frimpong, coquelin.

What do we do though if they aren’t getting played here? Most of them aren’t even getting game time on loan so that is a waste also. Players like Campbell, afobe, ryo, wellington and co don’t get the time they need.

Agim, that is a good question; does he listen to anyone? We will know a lot more by the end of this month, I reckon. He did say towards the end of the last TW he was looking for a defensively minded midfielder, so it must mean he sees a problem there: but how will he resolve it? 😕

Oz, so true my friend. I reckon it is all to do with the need to qualify in top-four which makes Arsene so risk averse – especially now we need to catch up on other teams.

Chelsea made a few changes for the QPR home game and got their fingers burned badly – it is not easy to make the right decisions, but in principle I agree with you.

20. oz gunner says:

I think RA said it perfectly the other day. It’s the ‘damned if you do, damned if you don’t approach’. Arsene gets burned for changing, Arsene gets burned for not.
    Although I think 5 changes is too much for one game (Chelsea) but one of two shouldn’t upset the apple cart. For instance one game Jenks comes in and gives a rest to Sagna, the next game Coquelin for Arteta, next game Ramsey for Jack, and it continues in that fashion.

It just surprises me considering the hot topic last season was the infamous ‘red zone’! what on earth happened to that? Arteta and Santi must be in the apocalypse zone by now!

21. Mark Redfern says:

Finally. A blog site has suggested what I’ve been saying all season. VERMAELEN is the man who could play as a holding midfielder. He doesn’t have the athe discipline to play centre back is tough has an excellent shot and would be a threat at corners and free kicks. Ideally I think fellaini would be perfect and just the signing we need but I’ve given up hoping we will make a significant signing like that.

All agreed Ozzer. It must be hard to get it right. Fans can be so unforgiven if we lose a game when we played with even one or two rotations….

23. Ssilentstan says:

I have been saying since start last season Verm should play there. Got the tackle, pace, shot, pass

Hi and welcome Mark and SsilentStan 🙂

Agreed on Vermaelen having a lot of the attributes and as a captain he can influence the entire team a lot better too.

Re Fellaini, yes a good player but I reckon he is better off in an attacking midfield position. I really like Dembele who incidentally is also played in a more advanced midfield position. For me he would have been perfect as our deepest midfielder. But TV or Koz could also develop into fine DMs.

25. Jakarta Gooner says:

It’s like what I was thinking few weeks ago.. I always believe players like Kos/Verm would also be useful as a DM. We can use a 4-1-3-2. Play Arteta + Wilshere + Cazorla as midfield trio, while Walcott + Giroud + Podolski rotating in striking pair. For me it’s the most dynamic + solid formation we can use. I really hope Wenger could be more creative in using several various formations & tactics. He must be able to break his own limits & put the elements of surprise, to make the present Arsenal to be more dynamic & unpredictable. COYG !!

Fine comment and all agreed Jakarta G. We have an Indonesian regular here on Bergkampesque named Henrychan, so make sure you come again and have a chat with him. 🙂

27. oz gunner says:

I knew the fellaini call would come. After season after season of mediocrity at Everton he has finally come good as an attacking midfielder, not as a DM. Yes he’s tall and solid…so what? So is Zigic should he play DM instead of a striker beast he’s a mountain man? I’d take a scraper with stamina over a big lug any day of the week for that position.

The worst is fans saying it’s Arsene’s fault for not signing Fellaini long ago. Everton fans thought he was hopeless, on par with what we thought of Denilson!

Hey Oz, what is the weather like today and what are your plans for the weekend?

29. oz gunner says:

Arsene:

“The most draining is that you get the best out of your team and worry about the next game,” he said. “In our job it is important that you focus on what is really important, the players who can help the club to win the games – those who are somewhere on the transfer market will not help you to win the games. For us it is important to focus on our next game, and our next game can only be won by the players who are here.”

uh-oh! What do the bloody scouts do? Travel around the world to eat the different foods? We need a player or two to revitalise the squad just like Arshavin did.

30. oz gunner says:

38 and sunny today TA, thunderstorms at 37 for next few days. Have to continue learning how to use this equivital human performance monitor. So two a day gym sessions and homework in-between. Arsenal TW during the breaks.

Hows the weather in your neck of the woods TA?any plans?

Oz, it is relatively mild for the time of year; more autumn than winter. Henry, our dog, is allowed out for the first time this weekend and we are planning to take him to the beach. Other than that it is all the good F’s: football, friends, food and ….. funstuff 🙂

Sounds like hard work, two a day gym sessions, especially with those lovely temperatures: a lot of sweating, I reckon.

Wenger is always evasive when he is asked about transfers; it is not helping at this stage.. 😦

33. oz gunner says:

very jealous TA! That’d be great to see! I hope he loves the water.
    Enjoy your weekend, hope it’s a good one!

Yep, Oz. Apparently Labs love water, so should be good.

Off to bed now. Have a great weekend and catch up with you soon. 🙂

35. yono says:

Better looking for a new one. Arteta has done really good there. All our need is backup. If there are any surprise incident happens and we lose Arteta, that’ll be a big blow. Coq is promising, but still lack of anything especially his calm and decision. He still nervous whenever in pressure, which caused error pass. Miguel, i think still far from good, but yes he deserve a chance. Jenkinson got plenty this season and he proved he can do that. Miguel has some chance to show last season, but not did so good. In reserve too, he just did decent performance in defense. So, i think, either Kos or Verma fill DM is really a backup plan. For now they are a better option rather than any other player. But, they are not long term plan. We had done really good defense with our three CB. We just need keep the harmonized between them and healthy competition.

36. jnyc says:

Sorry for the rare disagreement TA – our game in particular needs a dm who can be above average passer at least. Kos and tv are good at rushing straight ahead occasionally, but not much more. I dont mean they need to have ceac talent, but better than cb passing. Also, i like having three good cbs, the minute an idea like you mention is instituted, one of the three will get a long term injury. You know that this is an inescapable truth as an arsenal fan. 😉 . Its just a shame arsene doesnt rotate better, or ever.

37. jnyc says:

*cesc talent

38. oz gunner says:

good points Johnnie.

I wonder where Verms goals have gone also.
    Last season: 36 games – 6 goals
    09/10: 33 games – goals
    This season – 25 games – 1 goal

BFG and Kozzer only 1 and 2.

Chelsea:
    Ivanovic – 5
    Cahill – 6
    Terry – 2
    Luiz (penalty taker) – 4

City (just as bad):
    Kolo – 0
    Kompany – 0
    Lescott – 1
    Richards – 0

Manu (appears only Chelsea have goal scoring defenders. I suppose you have to when you have torres up front haha)
    Jones – 0
    Evans – 4
    Rio – 0
    Smalling – 0
    Vidic – 0

39. theo says:

MR WENGER IS OUR PROBLEM…..now arsenal is a selling club.you gave man u vp to win tropy for then””what a fuck?even if you want to sell such player why can’t you send them to other league????now you are begging for nani and SIR alex brainy let you know that he’s not a fool.to all gunners fans tell baba_wenger to buy we need solid dm and sharp strk…

40. hmzi says:

a new DM or 1 of our CB moving up to DM position wont happened until wenger willing to play cazorla on the wing.

41. oniris says:

I had the same thought. I would go with Vermalaen in DM position. Right now, Vermalaen struggles for some reason as a CB. A lot of his tackles as a last defender are shaky but move him higher and a missed tackle wont give the opposition an 1 vs 1 chance with our GK.
    Plus i see vermalaen as a better passer than Koz, and for a DM that’s essential. Not to mention he would add steal to our midfield and aerial presence.
    If we dont buy a DM, we should give TV5 a chance, just to give Arteta a break, or move to move Arteta higher in a more natural position and give Cazorla or Wilshere a break.

42. oz gunner says:

Well gang I’ve just come back from my first foray on fifa 13 online. I haven’t played fifa for 5 months and I have let Arsenal down! Beaten by PSG, Sao Paulo, and Barca. But I did manage to beat Arsenal, Chelsea, and Real! They are probably all 12 year olds but I don’t care, i’ll fly the flag!

@ Theo

RVP wouldn’t go elsewhere. It’s not as easy as ‘sorry RVP we’ve sold you to Juve’
    Arsene doesn’t want Nani, it’s all paper talk, don’t believe everything you read!

Morning all 🙂

thanks for the overnight comments. I will get back to you in just a bit.

yono at 1.25, all agreed except your comments on Miquel. I saw him play against Norwich Reserves and he was brilliant. Good passer of the ball, good positioning, good long distance crosses, strong in the air and on the ground: a classy, all-round CB.

Hi JNYC, good point about the passing. I do refer to it in the post, and it is the part I am also not sure about re TV and Koz. I would like to see how they would manage in the DM role though, as I believe the passing can be improved and especially TV had Ajax education where passing the ball is also very important. On top of that, as others have pointed out, TV has a decent long distance shot and that would be great threat to have.

Oz “Arsene doesn’t want Nani”……Nor do I.

Oz, good point about our defenders not scoring enough goals anymore. We are rubbish at set-pieces in general. Everytime we have a corner, expectations are low. The only good thing is Wilshere’s delivery from corners.

Oniris at 9.12 all agreed, fine comment 🙂

49. Red Arse says:

Well done with the Post, TA, clearly a subject where peeps have lots of opinions.

Just on a side issue, I often saw Le Coq and PingPong play for the youth teams a few years back, and can tell you that the Frimper was exactly as he is now.

Solid physique, busy around the pitch, hard tackling and liked a shot, but and it is a worry, he was very injury prone then, as if his knees were not supporting his body size.
    That has continued into adulthood it seems.

Le Coq was always a slim, mobile player with some very nice skills, including good passing ability, and plenty of gutsy performances in him, but often ‘over-run’ by physically stronger players.

He too seems to have carried these attributes over into adulthood, and if we are looking for what is colloquially termed a DM beast – then that is not him.

Finally, someone who was really poor in the youth teams, playing at right back, was Eastmond. Of all the youth team players in the team who won the FA Youth Cup, he was the one I thought would be released first. Amazingly, much better players have been let go, or transferred out of Arsenal, and yet here he is, unable to hold down a place in the various teams he has been loaned out to, but still in our Home Grown player list, years later.

Do I have my concerns about the Arsenal youth set up? Well with nonsense decisions like Eastmond, that has to be a resounding YES. But that is another subject.

Frimps for DM? Yes, he can be the beast we are asking for, if he can keep improving, but his injury record is not good.

Le Coq for DM? Yes but never as a DM Beast, and I am concerned that he has not improved too much from his youth team days and still occasionally gets over run in the first team.

Eastmond? I won’t waste your time with an answer.

Hi RA 🙂

I thought you love Eastmond – best thing since sliced bread! 😛

Agreed on your views re Frimpong and le Coq. Arteta shows to us every game how important experience is in the anchor role and if can find somebody wih the experience and vision of Arteta but with additional physical attributes, then I reckon we will make a step forward as a team.

51. Red Arse says:

I don’t care about Eastmond, per se, he was just thrown in to make a point that our youth system really needs a shakeup.

Some players did not seem to be given a proper chance to succeed, [Randall, Emmanuel Thomas, Bartley, Simpson, Watt etc, etc] while others were simply never good enough, and for some weird reason, the worst of the bunch was kept on.

I think our scouting system and our youth coaching set up needs an overhaul. Interestingly, Arsene was full of praise for S’Hampton’s scouting set up, in recruiting Bale, Theo, the Ox and now Luke Young, which in effect was a backhanded salute to our own inferior efforts, despite the large sums of money spent on bringing kids thru over the years.

The DM position must be a concern for AW, because with my own assessments mentioned above regarding the Frimper and Le Coq, he also has a clearly ageing Arteteteta, and a perpetually injured Diaby weighing heavily on him.
    A clear indication of his concern must be why we are constantly linked (usually wrongly) with this player or that, the ‘new’ Essien, or somesuch.

Something clearly is not right at the moment and won’t get better in the future unless he recruits a player at the top of the market, in terms of physique and experience.

Red Arse….I was surprised when Wenger let Bartley go. He was playing well at Rangers before he got injured??????

Redders, fascinating appraisal of three young players, and to be honest i could not agree more. Though your spot on with your judgement i would lke to say that like Oz, there is a touch of Flamini about Le coq. Flamini was also pushed of the ball and muscled out but then all of a sudden he seemed to grow extra power and speed. I heard that he was a Judo champion so maybe Le coq should start Greco Roman wrestling or something, i know i enjoy it, especialy the oiling bit. hahaha

TA, i guess we will never know the answer to your question unless Arsene trys it. I have big doubts about Kos performing since i dont feel he has the technical ability. Verm is another kettke of fish. He came out of Ajax didnt he?, those boys are taught to play everywere. Maybe he dosnt have the stamina or nous, who knows?, but it would be interesting watching Wenger try it, bit like watching a car crash perhaps? hahaha

The youth system could definitely be improved, Redders. It is hard to tell whether more players could come through if and when we would play them more in the first team. At the moment, we have 3 youth products in the first team, and I don’t think that is a bad return for a top club per se (how many do the Manc teams have, or the Chavs), but it is not ala Ajax or Barcelona where players break through more regularly.

Hi Terry, interesting view re Koz – what do you reckon he is missing technically?

56. Red Arse says:

I understand your thinking.

The Chavs, and the Mancs are not reliant on good kids coming thru like we are, as they go straight to the footballing Harrods and buy ready made, quality replacements from ……………….. well us!! 😀

Hi TA, i just dont feel he moves the ball on quickly enough. My gut feeling is that he would lose possesion quite a lot if pushed up field, but hey baby, what the hell do i know. hahaha.

Its interesting you raise this topic TA because recently wenger said that he believed the days of the holding midfielfder as we previously knew it was over. He said that the modern midfielder needed technical excellence allied with the required stamina, and though one could drop deeper, they should all be capable of interchanging.

That is it in a nutshell, Redders, and if this does not stop now, I will be as disappointed in the BoD as anybody else. Wenger has the vision and can get us there again, but we need to keep hold of what we build up; otherwise we are doomed to groundhog day. And as soon as Wenger leaves, and nothing else changes, we will most likely become like Liverpool and Spuds.

59. Red Arse says:

Hi Terry, 🙂

I can see the headlines now!

“” …………………TERRY TELESCOPE TRIES TO OIL LE COQ !!

A man infamous for flicking women’s bums, shows his diversity by carrying scented oil around with him, and offers to give men a good all over oiling!!

The Police are investigating, but are believed to have slipped up …………………. on scented oil …………… and he escaped!!””

60. Red Arse says:

Very true, TA!!

Yes he has said that, Terrenzo, but he also said he was after a defensively minded midfielder (after he sold Song). It is not rocket science to see that if you get the defensive midfielder right – and I agree with your description of what Wenger would like to see – we would make a step improvement.

It is absolutely amazing that everybody is leaking so many goals (except Stoke) this season. If we can get the balance right now, we will see huge benefits in my opinion.

hahahahaha, that would make a great comedic scene Redders. I would love to escape the clutches of Oiled Bill with everyone slipping and sliding. If i had time, when one of them was prostrate i might give them a good oiling too. hahhaha

True TA. I would still like Mvila (not the B one). He is strong and powerful and distributes the ball quickly, and just as important, forward.

Our midfield does look inefecient at times, you said that in a post a few days back. Too many sideways passes and the team in general lacks the adventuressness to take risks, a fear of losing the ball maybe?

Terry, after you’ve slipped away from old Bill’s grasp maybe you can say “Oil be back”

hahahaha, Vics, or “Oil be back, to oil your backs, oillevista oiled Bill” hahahaha

i know thats not funny, but somehow it tickles me. hahahaha

66. Red Arse says:

I have always enjoyed a Noilly Prat myself.

Don’t tell the Glic man!! 🙂

know what you mean Terry. When I read my one back it doesn’t seem funny. But it tickled me.

RedArse, Never knew you were that way inclined. lol

69. oz gunner says:

very well said RA. after hyping up Coquelin (i feel like his agent now) i thought a bit about the youth setup. I reminded me of the post i did about Lansbury and all the players that were involved in our youth cup victory. For all the money we’ve spent over the years what is the point? We have so many promising players but Arsene doesn’t even give them a go anymore. Fair enough you could say ‘well they aren’t showing enough in training to get picked’ but surely not all of them fall in that category. Some have played really well in the under 21’s but nothing has come of it, what’s the point. It would affect your motivation and mindset if you were continually playing well but not being rewarded!

Squide and djourou leaving is great because now we might see miquel! hallelujah a youngster possibly getting some game time. First teamers aren’t performing, stuff you a kid is getting a chance to prove his worth.

Arsene they are hungry…give them a taste!!!

70. oz gunner says:

@ VCC

Bartley went to Swansea. Played 1 game then was injured. There is a chance he could play against us on Sunday though. I agree, i also was shocked. A mate of mine who is a die hard celtic fan had good wraps on him

71. Red Arse says:

Oz,

I had forgotten about Lansbury. In his time in the youth teams he was even more influential than Jack. Pity!

I also thought Bartley would have come good for us – again it is a pity.

72. Red Arse says:

VCC, 🙂

A Noilly Prat is a genteel vermouth, mixed with an equal quantity of London Gin, shaves of ice, shaken and not stirred, and served with the rind of a lemon — mmmm – what’s not to like? 🙂

In my next film ………………………… 😀

RedArse…..You hhave got my taste buds going now. I’d love one of them. I;m just trying to get a stream to watch the QPR v WBA game. Would you be so kind and pour me one please 😉

Oz….its such a shame, we have several youngsters that are worth a try. Especially as we are in the doldrums right now.

Gnabry/Eisfeld/Ryo/Jenkinson/Frimmers/Coq/Meade/Miquel/Yennaris/Bellerin/.

Then the ones that got away…Lansbury and Bartley.

Some talent there.

75. Red Arse says:

As many of you guys, like me, are doggy people, this might interest you! 🙂

A man wrote a letter to a small hotel in a Midwest town that he planned to visit on his
    Vacation.
    He wrote: “I would very much like to bring my dog with me. He is well-groomed And very well behaved. Would you be willing to permit me to keep him in my room at night?”

An immediate reply came from the hotel owner, who wrote:

SIR: “I’ve been operating this hotel for many years. In all that time, I’ve never had a dog steal towels, bedclothes, silverware or pictures off the walls.
    I’ve never had to evict a dog in the middle of the night for being drunk and disorderly. And I’ve never had a dog run out on a hotel bill.
    Yes, indeed, your dog is welcome at my hotel. If your Dog will vouch for you, you’re welcome to stay here, too.”

F— that van Judas.

.–
    ….
    .-.

…-
    .-.

Good night VCC 🙂

New Post – New Post! 🙂

79. rice bin boy says:

the characters in the 1st team seem to all be too-nice chaps…i’d love to see someone who ‘bites’ (teammates and opponents alike), maybe a mascherano terrier type who’ll actually give a kick up the behinds of teammates who are settling into a mindset of mediocrity, which seems to be unfortunately permeating through the team.

Coquelin might work… although not a typical arsenal type, sacrificing a bit of technique for some good fashion hustle, win-ugly (just a tad) mentality might just be the shot up the arm the tean needs.