Reading pre-view: Same back-five, Ramsey to start, Ox or Gervinho?

Theo is out injured, but will Cazorla find the net again (last time round he scored a fine hat-trick)? :)

Theo is out injured, but will Cazorla find the net again (last time round he scored a fine hat-trick)? πŸ™‚

These were the questions going through my mind whilst thinking about our imminent encounter with The Royals:

• Can we make it 12/12 wins against Reading?
  • Will it be another goal-fest (19 goals between the teams already this season)?!
  • Can we maintain momentum in chasing down the Spuds and Chavs?
  • Can Ramsey fill the hole left by Jack’s and Diaby’s absences?
  • Will Ox or Gervinho start tomorrow?
  • How tired will our defenders be and will we play with the same β€˜back-five’?
  • Will our strikers be hungry or rusty?

Proper football is back and boy have we missed it. Reading’s brand new manager, Nigel Adkins, will have wished for an easier fixture than playing us away as his first game in charge, but on the other hand, expectations will be low and that can only suit him right now. Any game after an interlull cannot be underestimated though, and despite the fact that we won all eleven previous matches against the Royals, and have already scored twelve goals against them this season, it will not be a walk in the park tomorrow.

Our attackers – Ox, Pod, Giroud, Gervinho – have been rested mid-week, with only Giroud playing literally a couple of minutes against Spain. I reckon this is a major bonus for us, as they will be fresh. However, there is a risk they will be a bit rusty tomorrow; especially Podolski has not played much recently.

I expect Giroud to start up-front with Podolski on the left, in his familiar position. As Theo is out, the big question is whether Gervinho or Ox will play on the right wing tomorrow. Gervinho’s last game was against Ivory Coast against Gambia on 23rd of March, so he should be well rested by now. Ox’s last game was also more than a week ago, so Wenger will have to make a choice tomorrow, and I reckon it will be Ox who will get the nod. Gervinho could be used as super-sub again, as he can play in all three positions up-front (although he is at his best on the wing).

With injuries to Wilshere and Diaby, our midfield will have to be chosen from Coquelin, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky and Cazorla. Rosicky played a full game against Armenia (away) on Tuesday and is unlikely to start again tomorrow. Just like Gervinho, he is a good substitute to have on the bench. It is almost a given that the well-rested Arteta and Cazorla (did not play midweek) will start, and as Ramsey is ahead of Coquelin, and also did not play mid-week due to suspension, I reckon our three in midfield will be: Arteta and Ramsey in the double-pivot and Cazorla β€˜in the hole’. Again, Coquelin is a fine player to have on the bench tomorrow.

The back-five – including goalie – is likely to remain unchanged, although Sagna is fit again and could start instead of Jenkinson. But I reckon the same back-five that played against Swansea and Bayern will start again against Reading; even though, Monreal, Koscielny and Mertesacker all played a full game on Tuesday. For a good defensive performance, consistency is king, and so it would be unwise to break up a β€˜winning’ back-five right now.

Predicted line-up against Reading:

Arsenal v Reading March 13

Let’s hope the boys are fully focussed and take their chances when they arise, and that our defenders are not put under too much pressure tomorrow. We need the full three points, so we can put maximum pressure on the Spuds and the Chavs in the race for a top-four finish. They both have tricky, post-interlull away fixtures against Swansea and Southampton respectively, and this is a great opportunity to let them have a mighty old sniff of our burning gunpowder!

Look behind you Chavs and Spuds, the Gunners are aiming for you! hahaha πŸ™‚

Come on You Rip-Roaring Gunners!Β

Written by: TotalArsenal

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

138 Responses to Reading pre-view: Same back-five, Ramsey to start, Ox or Gervinho?

1. bc says:

I think gervinho will start ahead of podolski who will be on the bench with szcesney sagna vermaelen coquelin rosicky and arshavin or gibbs. I would have liked to have seen an up and coming youngster at least given a chance on the bench but seeing as the best are still in italy whilst the slightly older ones are either injured out on loan or probably leaving in the summer I can’t see anyone getting a chance for this one.

Why do you think that, bc? I would not mind Gervinho starting instead of Podolski, but Wenger has given preference to the German until now…

3. AFC says:

TA, I think you are spot on with your team selection. I think Jenks should start ahead of Sagna and maybe Sagna can be brought on late in the game to steady the ship.

I actually could see Gervinho starting instead of Podolski as Wenger might not want to risk Podolski therefore he could be used as a late sub.

Really sad about this Diaby injury. How can Diaby who was said to be out for 3/4 weeks suddenly be out for 8/9 months. We must have the worst physios. I just hope Diaby can do what RVP done and get himself injury free.

Hi AFC,

You might be right re Gervinho, but if Pod is fully fit, and by all accounts he is, I reckon he will play. We need his goals. πŸ™‚

Sad news about Diaby, but no surprise at all. Something is not right with him and it looks like he will never play a decent number of games in a row. 😦

AFC,

Thanks again for your post today, which brought out a great number of comments and views! πŸ™‚

6. AFC says:

TA, maybe Daiby has to prepare himself for the worst and think about retirement. I am sure he can do some kind of other job in football. Maybe start think about some sort of a coaching role.

Regarding the last post, there most be some decent experienced GK’s in the world that we would be able to sign on a free in the summer.

7. AFC says:

* must

8. Bond James says:

agree with your team selection, for me both The ox and Podo need to start , we need to make things easier for ourselves and run at the reading defence and create chances, we need to assert ourselves from the very beginning and i feel in order to do that players like ox and podo are the key with santi playing behind them…

gervinho may yet have a part to play in this game (although i am i hope not)…but i feel he is an important squad player.

will be very harsh and unfair to change the back 5, considering they have done a great job over the last couple of games…. (gibbs sickness a blessing in disguise for nacho).

9. AFC says:

* Diaby

Cheers BJ,

I personally would prefer Gervinho to start on the right instead of Ox, but I reckon Arsene will give Ox a start tomorrow.

11. Bond James says:

i get a feeling that wenger may play TV ahead of Mertesackar, i hope i’m wrong but i reckon he will rest the german as he has played a lot of football lately, so in the name of rotation if wenger does it, i wouldn’t be surprised.

AFC,

Shay Given would do for me: a safe pair of hands who would fit in well. If and when Szczesny gets injured or suspended, we would have a decent replacement with valuable PL and International experience as back-up. Job done and cheap as chips!

That is a good point BJ, the BFG played twice in the last eight days…. I still think he won’t change the back tomorrow.

This is late in the day for me as I am an early riser, but I agree that is the likely team.

Reading will attack down the wings so they will have to be careful to block the counter if we press high up the pitch. With that thought, it could be a game to try the Sagna/Coquelin double DM, at least at some point in the game? If only for future cover? If we need goals though, Gerv and Rosicky look the likely subs?

The other alternative would be Ox in the middle CAM, Gerv right wing, Caz on the left, which might add a bit more thrust in attack, if Pod is feeling his way back?

I’ll probably stay in ignorance of the score, and watch ‘as live’ Sunday morning.
    This is the first in our 9 ‘must win’ games, so I hope they get off to a good start.

Cheers

15. Bond James says:

ox has earned the start besides gervinho will only slow the play down, dribbling and then being too indecisive against the likes of reading, him coming off the bench for Giroud would make more sense in the 2nd half if need be.

either way, we need to make sure we win (secure the 3 points) and maybe try winning by a healthy goal margin (3-4 goals, yep i’m an optimist) …these are the games where we should be looking to get our GD up and close to Chelsea or even get it higher than them.

Cheers Gerry,

It is my predicted line-up, rather than preferred line-up, although the two are not that far apart given injuries.

The thing with Gervinho is, BJ, that he gives us proper width, whereas Ox (combined with Pod) makes us too narrow.

18. Bond James says:

ah, Gervinho used to give us width (this was before wenger tried him in a central role)…ever since he was tried in that role, if you notice, gervinho always tries to cut back in through the middle….

although ox does make us narrower at times, he does have the ability to cross the ball or for instance have a go at goal from range or distance, gervinho on the other hand hardly has a go from distance even when he has space…(in his defense, his shots do lack power as compared to the ox’s long range shots).

there is a decent player in there in Gervinho in there somewhere, shame we only see it in flashes or every once in a while.

19. RockyLives says:

VCC
    I posted this on the end of the last Post:
    When I said it seems like it’s been forever, I meant forever since we’ve had any decent Prem football to think about!

Of course I’m in the UMF – for next season and beyond.

20. RockyLives says:

Great pre-match TA
    I agree with your line-up, although I would not be too gutted if it was Gerv starting on the left. On balance I would have Pod because if you give him half a chance, he’ll finish.

I really, really hope AW does not change the back five.

All agreed Rocky πŸ™‚

Btw did you see this article re your namesake/avatar?

Before I am off to bed, I thought I leave you with this article in The Guardian, which makes interesting reading:

Arsène Wenger places players on alert over their future at Arsenal
    β€’ Displays in run-in will influence manager’s summer transfers
    β€’ Champions League place a must for under-achieving side

Jacob Steinberg
    The Guardian, Friday 29 March 2013 22.59 GMT

Arsenal manager ArsΓ¨ne Wenger has hinted he is ready to be ruthless with players who don’t perform to his expectations. Photograph: Eddie Keogh/Reuters
    Arsène Wenger has challenged his players to prove they deserve to be at Arsenal next season, saying their performances will determine the decisions he makes in the summer and hinting that he is ready to be ruthless with those who fail to meet his expectations.

Arsenal, who host Reading on Saturday afternoon, are four points behind fourth-placed Tottenham and are in danger of failing to qualify for the Champions League for the first time in 16 years. While they have a game in hand on Spurs, Wenger’s position at the club has never been under so much scrutiny and whether the players who are currently at his disposal are good enough to relieve the pressure on him remains to be seen.

“We have five players for the England team and 22 international players,” Wenger said. “So we have to analyse. What will decide our attitude, my attitude, is how we do now until the end of the season. What is important is we look at how we finish the season, how well we play – and make the decisions on who to buy and who to sell at the end of the season. This will be influenced by the way we play in our last nine games.” The message to Arsenal’s players is that their future is in their own hands and overhauling Tottenham, as they did last season, will vindicate Wenger’s faith in them. Losing to Blackburn Rovers in the FA Cup and Bradford City in the Capital One Cup had threatened to derail Arsenal’s season, and they could have collapsed after the 2-1 defeat by Tottenham on 3 March left them seven points behind their rivals.

However, the gap has been reduced since then and Wenger has been pleased with his side’s response in impressive victories away to Bayern Munich and Swansea City, even though winning 2-0 in Germany was not enough to prevent Arsenal from exiting the Champions League on away goals.

Injuries will test them against Reading and Wenger has expressed concerns over his lack of options in midfield. Jack Wilshere, who has not played since the defeat by Tottenham, is missing for another two weeks with an ankle injury, while Abou Diaby has been ruled out for nine months after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in training on Wednesday. Theo Walcott is also out for 10 days with a groin injury, while Kieran Gibbs is struggling with flu.

“They have gone through difficult times and have responded well,” Wenger said. “They have shown mental strength as we lost against Blackburn, Bayern and Tottenham. So, as well, they could be scared that the group implodes. We have shown a strong response against Bayern and Swansea, and that shows that the group is mentally strong.

“What is for sure is that we had some blips in this season, but we did not expect the defeats to Bradford and Blackburn. But, overall, the attitude of the team has been great and when everybody is here we have a strong team. What is important is to analyse where we can improve at the end of the season.”

The sale of Robin van Persie to Manchester United last summer has been pinpointed as the source of Arsenal’s problems, but Wenger insisted he is not short of attacking talent. “Podolski, Giroud, Walcott and Cazorla can all score goals,” he said.

“We have shared more than last year. We didn’t score less goals. Where we haven’t done it this season is in the big games. This year we are bottom of the league with the big teams. It’s difficult to know why. Not because we have been dominated. We were never inferior possession-wise, but just because, after 20 minutes, we were chasing in every game.”

23. Bond James says:

i fail to see what’s the point of Wenger saying all that and coming out at this point of time ? (i mean come on, isn’t it stating the obvious ? )

he’s done this a month too late i reckon.

24. marcus says:

Sagna and Poldi are back, so I expect them to start. We need our goals scorers (Santi and Poldi) in top form. I also would like Rosicky to start ahead of either Ramsey or Arteta, we need his creative ingenuity to combine with Santi and take control of the game. Finally, a keen eye should be kept on Ollie, if he under performs, should be subbed and Gervinho brought in and Poldi moved central.

TA@00.23 – It is not hard to see where those transfer rumours sprang from is it, if he has been muttering those thoughts? If asked ‘Who do you mean? Players like Sagna, Vermaelin, and Gervinho?’ … ‘Yes’

Back in the real world …

Marcus – You said something yesterday, whatever it was, I agreed with you … ha ha. Sorry, to many things to do today.

As for your above comment, I would love him to play Sagna, as it would mean he is not being ‘frozen out’ in silly contract games? Ideally I would have him as the DM, today given that Reading are not that strong down the middle … well nothing he could not handle on his own until the cavalry get back. You could then push Arteta/Ramsey/Rosicky forwards to counter their likely 5 in midfield?

It is a pity he has burnt his bridges with Arshavin. The combination of Ox for 65 minutes and Arshavin for 25 in that central CAM role would be ideal too … imo

Right, off to do my other things, have a good day folks ..

26. alexgunners says:

Hi TA,

Great post.
    I agree with your line up and I do think that Pod on the left instead of Gervinho is the way to go. I would like to see OX operate on the right and it seems that the extra game time he has been receiving, has certainly helped. Lets use him where necessary and get him the experience that he needs.

Here are my answers to the questions you had asked in your post

Yes we can make it 12/12 against them.
    I hope for a goal-fest so long as at the end we have all 3 points. Lot’s of goals to boos the confidence of our forwards.
    Keep the same back 5 – If it ain’t broke, dont fix it.
    We have to keep the momentum and I believe that the players need to show their hunger. They should be playing as if their Arsenal career depends on it.

Morning all.

So excited about today. Meeting up with some fine gooners today at the Tavern. Drinks afterwards with more fine gooners.

I think it will be tough today as Reading players will want to perform for their new Manager Nigel Adkins.

What a crazy world we live in. Nigel Adkins doing the best he can, with the resources he has and he finds himself sacked after less than a season on the prem. I’m chuffed he has got another chance at Reading. Also hope Brian McDermott finds another team ASAP.

Cheers Rocky, nice to know you will be on board next season.

Total, will you do me a humungously favour please…….I am still waiting for entries from Herb, HH and Oz. As an independent will you draw five out of the hat for each member and I will check on them first thing Sunday morning. I am strapped for time this morning, (I love you, hehe. πŸ˜‰

Total, I will try and keep a diary of today’s events and report back sometime. Not promising as after a session in the Tavern I probably won’t be able to talk sensibly let alone write on a piece of paper.

Come on you GUNNERS.

28. macko says:

hello friends, can you give me the website to see the game today please???
    In France it is broadcast on Monday: (

29. Red Arse says:

Morning Fellas, πŸ™‚

Sorry I have been unable to chat but events outside of my control.

Super post yesterday AFC, you have a nice way of putting things, and you leave just enough for other bloggers to state their opinions — which is precisely what blogging is all about!! πŸ˜€

Hi TA, πŸ™‚

I think we should enter you and Rocky in a competition to find the best blog author in ArsenalWorld, with you different styles that would be some contest!! πŸ˜€

I think your predicted team is what I would go with, altho’ I am, as always, cautious when everyone predicts an easy win over a ‘lesser’ or struggling team — it never is! πŸ™‚

VCC,

Still cannot get my head around eating squidgy, wriggly eels, but you three will be undeterred today, altho’ I hope The Glicster doesn’t lose his false teeth when the eel tries to escape. (I suppose he could borrow your spare set!!) πŸ˜›

BTW, when you talk about ‘eels’, you do mean the snake things — no that doesn’t work — I mean the one’s that live in the sea? πŸ™‚

Sorry about my typo — Manc City to win!!

30. Red Arse says:

Bonjour, Macko, πŸ™‚

This might work??

Watch Arsenal vs Reading live :

There are a lot of adverts.

il ya peut-Γͺtre beaucoup d’annonces

31. macko says:

32. alexgunners says:

Macko,

Here is another link if you have any problems.

I hope this also helps you to view the Gunners Live

33. alexgunners says:

RA,

You are spot on. If anyone should know better it should be us Gunners fans in underestimating ‘lesser’ teams.
    We have been victims of not showing teams enough respect and dropping many points along the way

34. oz gunner says:

VCC:

Man U
    Chelsea
    Swans v Totts Draw
    Liverpool
    Arsenal

Enjoy the game all those catching up. VCC…watch out for any rags GLIC tries to get you to sniff!

@ Every post writer.

Thank goodness for your articles over the last two weeks. Have kept me sane and top notch as always (whats even more remarkable is the quality during that god forsaken interlull!!!!

35. AFC says:

TA, you’ve got mail!

36. AFC says:

TA, I have sent you two emails!

Morning all πŸ™‚

Match Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ™‚

Morning Ozzer, good to read a ‘sign of life’ again from our famous pre-match report writer. You have been missed matey! πŸ™‚

When will you be back and contribute properly again?

Hi AFC πŸ™‚

Thanks for your emails, I will get back to you shortly.

Hi Redders πŸ™‚

Cheers! Good to see you back and hope all is ok again.

Hi Alexg πŸ™‚

Thanks for answering the questions.

Hi VCC πŸ™‚

Will do the draw for whoever has not come on to BK before first kick off.

Hi Marcus πŸ™‚

Good thoughts re line-up. Let’s see what Arsene will go for today.

Come on You Gunners – Let’s give them a Royal hiding!

38. alexgunners says:

OZ,

How is everything going? Been a while since we have even been on at the same time? How are things in the west coast?

39. oz gunner says:

Morning TA

Never gone, always floating around like a bad smell.
    Unfortunately won’t be until next season. Finish up on the 17th of May then i’ll be in Bali for 3 weeks. Next season I’ll be able to go pretty much every weekend game if you’ll have me.

Bang on with the line up! Wouldn’t change a thing. Ramsey to continue his charge, shocking news in regards to Diaby, and Ox to net a double tonight!

40. alexgunners says:

A royal hiding would be great

COYG

Wow Oz, you sound a busy boy at the moment. But three weeks in Bali is a mighty old carrot in front of you right now! πŸ™‚

Keep going compadre: it will soon be over and then you’ll achieved something remarkable.

Next season as our regular pre-match reporter sounds fantastic: we would all be very pleased about that! πŸ™‚

It would be great, but I am sure it won’t be easy and I’ll take any win right now, Alex. I am sure you’ll agree πŸ™‚

43. alexgunners says:

It will not be easy TA but a win regardless how it comes will be accepted by each and everyone of us

44. oz gunner says:

Team in full: Fabianski, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Ramsey, Arteta, Rosicky, Cazorla, Gervinho, Giroud.

Subs: Szczesny, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Coquelin, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski.

45. oz gunner says:

Surprised Jenks has lost his spot. Thought Rosicky might start though due to Pods lack of match fitness and Walcott’s injury

Thanks for the line-up, Oz. No Ox or Pod is a surprise to me. COYGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

47. alexgunners says:

OZ, I also believe Jenks should be there. He has had a good spell of late

Almost time now.

Come On You Gunners

48. oz gunner says:

yeah very surprised to see no ox, so much so i just assumed he was in the line-up haha. so much for my prediction

49. alexgunners says:

I had predicted the same as well. Ox needs a good run as i believe he might be vital for us in the remaining games

50. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

MY OH SOOo BEAUTIFUL ARSENAL. LETS DIG DEEP AND FIGHT, LETS SHOW THESE READING BOYS WHO THE REAL ROYALTY IS.

COME ON YOU RIP ROARING GUNNERRRRRRRRRRRRRRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

51. alexgunners says:

HI PPP,
    How are you feeling about this one?

52. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Gday TA, OZ, Alexinho-zzie πŸ™‚

Better late than never, im always fashionably late.
    Oz, where is my pie? πŸ™‚

LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

53. oz gunner says:

Agreed Alex. I felt he had a good run on going. ‘If it aint broke don’t fix it’ springs to mind

54. alexgunners says:

thats exactly what i said earlier OZ

55. Highbury Harmony says:

Morning fellow Gooners, what I don’t understand is why Podolski doesn’t start anymore!

56. alexgunners says:

PPP,
    Alexinho Ozzie, I like that one

57. AFC says:

TA, could you please let me know if you have received my emails. Thanks.

58. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

hey Alex, i feel comfortable but without walcott i feel there is less goals in us. This game might be a suprise to everyone and go under 2.5 goals.

So jealous of the crazy gang today, going for a pie, beers, a perv and the Arsenal …… Amazing!!…… one day πŸ™‚

59. alexgunners says:

Unfortunately spuds scored already

60. oz gunner says:

@ PPP

Morning. You’re tardiness disappoints me πŸ™‚

61. alexgunners says:

PPP,

I was meant to be travelling to the Emirates later this year but my wife is pregnant now and will have to re-schedule. Another Gunners supporter in the making.

Maybe us Aussie lads should organize a trip sometime.

62. oz gunner says:

@ Alex

wise man. my apologies, haven’t gotten to the comments yet. You are bang on

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

63. alexgunners says:

GERVINHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

COYG

64. Rohan says:

YES GERVINHO!!!!!

65. Rohan says:

Hi guys btw

66. alexgunners says:

Hi Rohan

67. Highbury Harmony says:

Woo Gerv and Santi combine!!!

68. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Hi HH πŸ™‚

Im stumped with the Poldi issue. I believe this summer might reveal a few truths. Wouldnt be suprised with an operation for Ze German in the summer. Which always leads me back to our medical facilties and staff. We are supposed to be that advanced and way beyond the times but seriously WTF???

And as i wrote this we score, well done Swerve, i wont say im not smiling ear to ear and very happy for the under under achiever.. Come on Boys

69. oz gunner says:

Congrats are in order Alex. If he/she doesn’t grow up to be an Arsenal supporter then may we never speak again! πŸ™‚

Afternoon Rohan

70. AFC says:

Gervinho has scored for Arsenal.
    Vertonghen has also scored for Spurs.

Spurs and Arsenal are both 1 nil up.

71. Highbury Harmony says:

PPP, I would really like to see Poldi play more, I fear his lack of starting minutes will lead to him seeking an exit this summer. He’s also our best CF option imo right now.

72. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Well done Alexhinhozzie, Your a true blue fair dinkum Gooner! Good to see your not shooting blanks πŸ˜†

Did someone say road trip? “AUSSIES GO AWOL IN LONDON”, yep that sounds like me/us πŸ˜‰

73. alexgunners says:

Thanks OZ,

Ive already ordered the baby jumpsuit and toddler replica kit.
    This is one thing that will be engraved in his/her mind right from the start.

74. Rohan says:

Vertonghen seems to be spurs’ best striker these days.

75. Highbury Harmony says:

Forgot my scores! Sorry VCC!

Spuds away win
    Chelsea away win
    WHU vs WBA draw
    Liverpool away win
    Wigan vs Norwich draw

76. alexgunners says:

PPP,

Thanks mate. No blanks here.
    Arsenal Australia have a decent tour twice a year. We should look into it

77. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Gday Rohan πŸ™‚
    Virtual loungeroom, or corporate box…. whichever you all prefer πŸ™‚

78. Highbury Harmony says:

No idea how that wasn’t a penalty!

79. oz gunner says:

How the frick wasn’t that a penalty???????

Szcz on bale = fine
    that was nowhere near it!!!

80. alexgunners says:

That should have been a penalty

81. alexgunners says:

damn it. spuds 2-0

82. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Getting closer…baby steps πŸ˜†

83. Highbury Harmony says:

Damn Bale just scored for the Spuds…

84. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

and Izco just scored for Catania against Nazio

85. oz gunner says:

@ Alex

If i get a scholarship count me in!

86. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

πŸ˜†

We can only concentrate on ourselves and whts before us.

COYRRG

87. Rohan says:

Chavs 1 down

88. AFC says:

Chelsea are now losing. Let’s just hope Southampton can hang on.

89. alexgunners says:

chel$ki 1 nil down

90. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Soton 1 up against $ski

91. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Schnappes

92. oz gunner says:

good! they can collapse too. I’d like to miss CL qualifiers. I don’t like hearing “can’t buy until we know we’ve actually qualified”

93. alexgunners says:

OZ,

Whenever you guys are ready we can always plan it. No rush but it would be great

Good to see the lads are still applying pressure and not sitting back

94. oz gunner says:

so close!!!!

95. Rohan says:

2-1 to southamton.

96. oz gunner says:

giroud good so far!nice layoffs, flicks and pressure

97. Highbury Harmony says:

Everyone’s looked good so far, just have to eliminate the occasional sloppy turnovers (Gervinho, Ramsey, Giroud, Arteta and Cazorla) and finish, finish, finish! And I don’t mean the country πŸ˜‰

98. alexgunners says:

Good first half by the lads. We just need to put these chances away. Definitely one penalty shout which should have been. Gervinho has played well but is still prone to the loose pass.
    Overall a dominant half

99. Rohan says:

Gervinho showing good signs, Moving into spaces well, passing fairly well, very penetrative (hehe). Just needs a bit more composure and we could see a hat-trick.

100. alexgunners says:

Rohan,

Well said. A little more composure and he may have had a hat-trick

Hi guys, good first half – need to improve on our finishing. Good drive from Gervinho and Cazorla, and good work by unselfish Giroud. Want to see more from Rosicky and Ramsey in second half, but very happy overall.

AFC – hi – Yes I received your emails, thanks. I will email you back later. πŸ™‚

102. Rohan says:

Rickie Lambert’s free kick against chelsea is pretty beautiful.

103. alexgunners says:

SANTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

104. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Yes baby YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

105. Rohan says:

2-0 TO THE ARSENAL!!!!

106. alexgunners says:

GIROUD , 3-0

107. Rohan says:

GET IN!!!!!

108. AFC says:

Giroud has scored! 3 nil to Arsenal.

109. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

They have opened up. Lets go for the jugular, i say. We might need the goal difference… Chelsea still down?

110. alexgunners says:

Chel$ki still down PPP

111. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

not impressed πŸ™„

112. alexgunners says:

Not at all, Nacho seems to be in a little bit of trouble

113. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

triple sub, He is going for the jugular with those three.

114. Rohan says:

Robson-Kanu’s been a bit too explosive for Nacho i’m afraid….he’s let him past him too often today.

115. AFC says:

Michu has scored for Swansea. Maybe the Swans can equalise.

116. alexgunners says:

Go Swans

117. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Lets go Princey baby!

118. alexgunners says:

Go OX, Super sub

119. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Arsene wants more. Lets go boys, your all playing for your Arsenal careers this time around. I want more goals πŸ™‚

120. alexgunners says:

Agreed PPP

121. alexgunners says:

Good work by the lads. Shame about the spuds but at least the chavs have lost

Well that’s what the doctor ordered.

An easy win today. Reading were weak to be fair, but the boys were hungry and played at a good tempo; especially in second half. Loved Ramsey’s peformance towards the end. Gervinho a goal and two assists and a fine goal by Cazorla to score the all important second one. Appy Dayz! πŸ™‚

123. alexgunners says:

All we can do is keep getting those 3 points and hope that the others will choke

Hi Alex,

The Chavs losing today is fantastic news for us. We are getting close to both Spuds and Chavs now, and like you say, we need to focus on winning as many games as we can.

I cannot quite believe there have been 24 goals between Reading and Arsenal this season: 8 per game!!!!

125. Red Arse says:

Well that is a wonderful result and a good cure for what ails one!! πŸ™‚

126. alexgunners says:

8 goals per game is a very high figure. It’s great that we came out on top in all 3 encounters.

You are right. 4 points behind the spuds with a game in hand and only 2 behind the chavs.
    The pressure is on them.

Well said Redders! πŸ™‚

Looking fwd to what the trio madmen have to say about the match later on!!

Our next game against West Brom will be a tough one for us, but if we can match the results of the Chavs and Spuds next weekend then we will have done well. They will then play each other, while we are playing Norwich at home and that would be a good opportunity to close the gap on one, or ideally both, of them. πŸ™‚

129. alexgunners says:

Good point,

They still have to play each other. We have to make every game count. I can see the race for 3/4th coming down to the wire

130. AFC says:

TA, I am confident we can get 3rd place once again.

Today Spurs got lucky and I do not think they will continue to have this luck until the end of the season. Regarding Chelsea they have a lot of games coming up in the next few weeks withs Europa League matches, FA Cup and other PL matches. They will not be able to win a lot of these games as they do not have the depth like United to rotate and win matches.

131. alexgunners says:

AFC,

both spuds and the chavs have more games than us so lets hope that they do struggle to with form due to other competitions.We do have the upper hand but we do need to show up and make it count.

AFC, Alex all agreed πŸ™‚

Have to cook now, so catch you all later. πŸ™‚

133. alexgunners says:

It’s now 4.30 am here. Time to get some sleep.

AFC, TA and all you guys, have a good night

134. Admir says:

Chavs have to play against Spuds and FAnchester United away. They won first duel against Spuds thanks to the fact Bale was having a baby but with Benitez on the bench and a bit of chaos in their team, I believe they could be easier target than Spuds until the end of the season.

Our most important fixture until the end of the season might be Fulham away as we have had problems with them (4 matches without victory) lately.

135. Milo says:

Time for a new post!!! πŸ˜€

I was surprised that Reading couldn’t do a bit more to stop us passing the ball at will…I mean there was no pressure on Arteta at all and I was very impressed with his performance in particular.

I thought there were a few incidents where we should have shot a bit sooner than we did, which resulted in Reading blocking a number of our attempts at goal.

I know Gervinho scored, but Chamberlain came on and laid on a few chances in what little time he had on the pitch, and I thought he combined well with his mates. I would really like to see more of him in the upcoming matches, but Arsene might go for the more experienced Gervinho, and then throw him on if we are in a good position, or Gervinho just isn’t playing well and things need to be altered. Gervinho does have the experience of winning a title in France. I know that their league is inferior to the Premier League, BUT it does count for something. Plus he’s 25 going on 26 and Chamberlain is only 19.

Hi Milo

You are my guest! A match report by you is someting I and many other BK’ers would look forward to! πŸ™‚

New Post – New Post πŸ™‚