Is that what the ‘little boy inside’ cried out for, Robin?

Arsenal-v-Man-Utd-016

Robin van Persie has been speaking to Dutch media in recent weeks; about how he just made the right decision to join Manchester United. He said he should not have left Arsenal earlier or later, and that he could see himself finish his career at United, as they care so much more about ‘the older’ player.

Robin van Persie will win the league with United this year and well done to him. He had more than his fair share in his new club’s achievement so he deserves the credit. He scored 19 PL goals; only one less than Hernandez and Rooney put together and he won many a game for the Mancs singlehandedly, mainly during the first half of the season.

However, he only scored one goal in the last twelve games for MU, and he has once again not produced the goods when it really matters. Against Real Madrid he had a number of opportunities in both legs, but a lack of composure let him down time and again; very similar to his performances for us against Milan in the CL a year earlier and for the Dutch national team in recent years.

Today, in a crucial match for his team to win a ‘double’ this season, he was given the role of super-sub. He came on in 61st minute in order to turn the game round, after Demba had put the Chavs ahead by doing something the Dutchman himself used to do when he still played for a proper football playing team; scoring from a ball over the top with a piece of fine technical finishing.

Once again, he fluffed his lines as his team worked hard to get him in a promising position. The magic has somehow disappeared, and to be fair to him, this happens to all strikers. But RvP is paid an incredible £1m a month now and for that money surely more is expected by the Mancs’ owners and fans. Four under-par performances against Chelsea – he was a ‘super-sub’ in the FA cup home draw as well – and Real Madrid; and two painful, gloryless cup-exits.

He will be able to say he won a Premiership’s medal at the end of this season, but who is to say he would not have done the same if had he stayed at Arsenal and scored his 19 PL goals for the mighty red and white? In the end,  we conceded only two goals more, but scored eleven goals less than MU.

But he had no patience and wanted the big money, rather than fulfil his contract and pay back the club for all that it had done for him. The little boy was screaming loads and loads of cash at him and that he would win so much more with United. The inner-voice was so loud, it made him go against the club and burn all his bridges with a disgraceful statement.

Well the little boy was partly right, and who knows what he will still be able to win with MU in the following years, but I cannot help but take some satisfaction out of his recent failings.

The man who once said he is a ‘Gunner for Life’ and that he ‘loves the club and that will always be the case’, but who still left us in the lurch at the first opportunity, is going through a mighty dip in performance. And long may it continue.

Written by: a still bitter TotalArsenal

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to Is that what the ‘little boy inside’ cried out for, Robin?

1. Red Arse says:

That is a Post full of barely suppressed personal rancour, TA, but coupled with super fan interest reading it. 🙂

2. double98 says:

can you imagine the satisfaction in every gooners heart if man u choke and citee reel them in…

it’ll never happen but it might 🙂

3. Bond James says:

what a timely article and a good one as usual.

how would i like the mancs to lose their next 4 games to make things a bit more interesting at the top, yep, if that happens i would be inclined to believe in the existence of a football god 😉

there are times when i wonder, how mancs united manage to win half of their games, truth be told they didn’t deserve to win , maybe now we will see justice being served ? who knows, i live in hope.

PS: i’m based in and around London TA.

Hi RA, yes it is! 😈

I just couldn’t help it but express my pleasure in the traitor’s recent failings!

Hi Double98 🙂

How has life been treating you?

Yes that would be great but unfortunately the Northern Oilers have a weak manager and team spirit and this will be one of the easiest titles for the Mancs since the PL started. 😦

6. Red Arse says:

Hi D98, 🙂

I am with you on that!! I suppose I cannot deny that they do have a winning ethic, but they are also damned lucky too, a lot of the time! 😦

Hi BJ,

London it is, thanks for letting me know!

Losing four in a row would be magic… we can but dream! 🙂

8. Roland C Rozario says:

RVP is simply ….. nothing less but everything more than a ‘Non-Professional Wimp’
    The least RVP could do is just not be Ungentlemanly towards Arsenal The Club that nurtured him to what he is and not to be THAT ingrate…. to smear trash and ingratitude to The Club that tolerated his time on the medic’s table for most part of his ‘Professional Employment’ wth Arsenal! [Period]
    RVP may just be coming full circle and not producing the stuff thats expected of a guy taking in 1mil POUNDS per month!
    Let’s see how MaNure takes in!!! —– this non-performance of a grey-haired guy who blames his grey-aging due to his time at Arsenal. Hogwash Trash!! for not winning any trophies!
    Isn’t RVP part of that team who did not perform??? to meet the expectations of the ardent Supporters and Fans of Arsenal The Club!

9. glic says:

Very early into this post I thought this is the rambling`s of a bitter and twisted individual, it must be Total and I was right and you admit it yourself !. hahahaha

You do however talk from a broken heart for the rest of us scorned gooners !.

PS
    As much as I despise the phallus callus, I am still incredibly peeved off with lack of jacobs to have made him see out his contract !. 👿

hahahaha, Roland, take a bow. “A non professional wimp” and “Hogwash trash”, brilliant.

TA, i an understand your angst. Wether people can sympathise with his descion this summer is down to them and to be fair i an to can see the logic. But that does not take away from the fact that for his own personal interests he done the dirty on us.

i personaly have no right to complain. How i laughed when Sol left the idiots to join us. I was almost hospitalized through laughter. i would like to think at the end of his Utd carrer any of there fans that have something about them will think, great player but deep down know that just like Sol, twat of the highest order.

11. max says:

This is what many Arsenal fans have become, twisted, bitter individuals. This is how the spuds have felt for many years and tells us where we are at the present time, outside the trophy room with our noses pressed up against the glass window. RVP left because Wenger refused to go. Arsenal is love for RVP, manure is just business, move on and get over it!

12. Nafrance says:

Do mind the typical trator

13. Lee says:

A fraction of the player he was last season. further proof, when you leave Arsenal you become a worse player – RVP, Nasri, Fabregas, Hleb, Petit, Vieira, Henry, Overmars, Anelka, Song, etc.,

14. Nafrance says:

Do not mind he is a typical trator.

15. Roland C Rozario says:

Sorry Max I think you are wrong on the key line to quote…”Arsenal is love for RVP, manure is just business, move on and get over it!”
    With the comments/interviews and media trash that RVP has flushed from his system?
    You surely must be joking!!!

16. AFC says:

TA, totally agreed and glad to see someone showing Van Persie what a mistake he made. 😀

Van Persie should have stayed at Arsenal at leaat one more season as Wenger had signed players which Van Persie had wanted him to do, he might even had won something with Arsenal and not gone to a club that where he is not even their most valued striker.

When he is in the biggest matches whether that be matches in the Champions League, Euros or World Cup he does not perform. Same with Rooney. A sign of a compete forward is someone who can win the most important matches for you like Drogba who saved Chelsea numerous times in the CL the year they won and wasted a load of time to help his team get past Barca. Drogba scored Chelseas goals when they really needed it as opposed to Van Persie who scores lots of goals but cannot scored when his team needs him most.

By the way TA, I will email you with my Diaby post either today or tomorrow. 🙂

All this affair shows is an insight into the character of the individual player. Lets face it, if Totnumb had been in Utds position RVP would have left us for them.

Loyalty and respect are not dirty words, its just that some players do not have any.

Roland CR

Fabulous comment! Cheers. 🙂

Glic, yes I couldn’t help myself! 😈

And I am starting to agree with you more and more re we should have made a stance against him and forcing him to stay, but the brains still says he had to go!

19. Admir says:

TA, Verrader aka Van Judas aka Brave Sir Robin aka Robin Van Pussy aka Robin Van Persie indeed inspired you. 😉

Cold-blood analysis would say this:

-Van Judas has been the best player and goal-scorer of FAnchester United in the season in which they’ve won 25 out of 30 games so far;
    -he scored winning goals at Etihad and Anfield, scored an opener against us and against Spuds away, he was on the score-sheet at Stamford Bridge in Premiership as well;

-in Champions’ League Knockout Stage he failed to deliver and it wouldn’t be a mistake to say that his misses have cost his teams of progress in Champions’ League for two years in a row – he missed a sitter against Milan that would equalize the score, he missed at least four chances to score against Real Madrid this season;

-in FA Cup he saved United against Hammers but missed incredible sitter to do the same against Chavs.

Personally, I hate him him for leaving to rival club and acting like a brat that was fascinated with FAnchester United. I could understand if he went abroad (it would be tough but I would accept it eventually).

On the other hand, I can’t understand fans who now gloat when they see Adebayor’s thumping of Van Judas. Back then, he was still Van Persie, an Arsenal player, and Adebayor acted disgraceful at both Arsenal fans and an Arsenal player on that game. I understand that fresh wound hurts more than the old one but for me there is no contest who is bigger donkey – Adebawhore or Van Judas. The first one thumped an Arsenal player and celebrated goal against us in disgraceful way. The second one at least didn’t celebrate when he scored.

And, yes, I agree with TA – Van Judas would win Premiership this season if he didn’t leave Arsenal as well. With Cazorla and Jack behind his back, he would break his own goal-scoring record (without them he scored 37 in all competitions) and we would discuss about how we can improve our team in order to retain the title in 2013-14.

20. yahya says:

U and I think alike my friend …well put togethr…drl cum a day he regrets…its jus around d corner

Hi Terry 🙂

I understand that some players go for glory or money, but I cannot forgive those who mess with the fans and lie about what the club means to them.

22. glic says:

If Totnumb was in Utds position !……then the whole world would be on crack and hallucinating !. hahaha

Cheers to others for comments. Need to out for a bit, but will get back to you later.

BTW, at around 11pm today I will issue a new post by Umair 🙂

24. glic says:

Or 4 cans of Red Bull !. hahaha

25. bc says:

I can see our front 4 (walcott cazorla podolski giroud) finishing the season with around 65 -70 goals for the season. I haven’t checked the stats but I would say that is as good a return that any front 4 in the league and probably as good as any front 4 of our past successes. When u consider that 3 of the 4 are in their first season I think they can hold their heads up high. All we need know is to make sure we have 4 back up players that can add more goals than the current back up of chamberlain rosicky arshavin gervinho. I expect 2 of that 4 to leave in the summer (rosicky and arshavin) to be replaced by 2 new signings.
    I expect wenger to sign a replacement for the injured diaby. Whilst I also expect a replacement for djourou and a keeper. I think 5 is as much as we can expect unless may be sagna moves on.
    You only need to look at the numbers used this season 2 players for each position plus an extra keeper and an extra defensive player and an extra attacking player is probably all that is required. Seeing as we also have an abundance of youngsters that are close to the first team. In fact I would say that this x1 could pretty much hold their own in the cap one cup.
    Martinez bellerin angha miquel meade; yennaris frimpong; gnabry eisfeld ryo; afobe or akpom. So I expect next seasons squad to look a bit like this
    Szcesney (new keeper) fl
    Sagna jenkinson
    Mertesacker (new signing)
    Koscielny vermaelen
    Monreal gibbs
    (New signing) arteta
    Wilshire ramsey
    Walcott (new signing)
    Cazorla chamberlain
    Podolski gervinho
    Giroud (new signing)
    Extra keeper fabianski or mannone
    Extra defensive player coquelin
    Extra attacking player campbell

Cornwall, that red bull rap mimics the effects of Speed. i took some of that stuff once and ended up walking about 20 miles at 40 miles per hour, passing moving cars and everything. At one stage i lifted my arms and tried to fly, but it didnt work

I only got a grip and stopped walking when i realised a convoy of cars had built up behind with drivers egging me on. hahaha

27. marcus says:

I’ve laughed my head off reading this post. Entertainment galore. Let me turn your attentions away from the bile of RVP’s memory. There’s this kid, Remy Cabella of Montpellier. Against Arsenal in France he absolutely shredded our defense with his pace and trickery and was by far their most dangerous player. Note that when I’m watching us play, it’s very difficult for an opposition player to catch my attention because I am usually consumed by our performance but this kid did. I’ve watched him play in Montpellier’s last 2 games and I think he is seriously worth a look.
    Just to refresh your memory..

28. JackFact says:

marcus –
    Cabella is good, but no a patch on Jack or santi in the same position.
    And his constant diving has been attacked in France.
    We have far bigger priorities than him.

29. glic says:

Hahaha Stretch, so your the reason I was stuck on the M5 on Friday !.

30. glic says:

Next time I`m up at the Ems, keep me on the Red Bulls and I`ll try to Sky dive into Arsene`s technical area and help him with some of my techno nous. Because when I`m on the Red Bulls, I`m up there with Rinus Michels, Cruyff and Guardiola !. Total Glicball is immence !, hahaha

Game of Thrones beckons, nite muvverz !. 🙂

31. Michael says:

If you take away the glut of goals that we scored in six matches, 5 and 4 against Reading, 5 against West Ham, 5 against Spurs, 6 against Southampton and 7 against Newcastle our goal tally for the season would be abysmal. And don’t forget Spuds had ten men and the other three are propping up the table.

Oh what a fun post TA … and fully deserved too

HH – Yes, it was the second of those mentioned/ And yes, just an update. Like I said, unlikely to leave now anyway, as the current manager has signed the new contract(not a new manager as I wrote earlier).

I tell you who did catch the eye … Schurrle(sp?). What’s your view on him? Been linked with a couple of clubs in the EPL

34. marcus says:

Jackfact,
    Yes, from the little I have seen of him, he does tend to go to ground a lot and a bit too easily. That said his terrifying pace and skill are constantly putting defences on the back foot. Plus his confidence to take on players and passing are very impressive for someone that young. I do disagree with you on his position. He is a natural wide man who tends to hug the touchline although he does occasionally cut in. Like I said earlier, I haven’t watched much of him but from the little I’ve seen, he has impressed. In some ways he reminds me of a young CR7….I promise to watch him more so as to give a more comprehensive report..

Hi Marcus 🙂

One of my very first posts on BK was about Cabella and fully agreed with you re his potential.

36. marcus says:

I don’t think I’d joined yet..I haven’t really seen much of him but he has this wow factor when he plays..

Hi AFC, all agreed. When a player is paid that sort of money, he needs to deliver when it matters. Ronaldo does RM goes through, RvP does not…

I like him a lot Marcus, he is quite the complete package but would probably need a season to get fully settled (like his former colleague..).

Hi Admir, fine comment and agreed on the Adebayor video thing.

Glic: or ‘four cans of red bull’ hahaha.

bc – fine comment and all agreed 🙂

41. Ephraim mcjames says:

Amen!

42. Dylan says:

Good to see someone else hate him almost as much as I do. I grew up watching him and over the years (I’m currently 15) I always used to tell my mom (who is also a huge gooner) “Mom, Robin is so good I want to grow up and be as good as him!” and my mom would say “Oh that’s nice” and all that. But in my head he was the greatest in the world. He was my idol growing up and I always used to think he’d be around forever. Seeing him finally recognized as one of the best in the world last year made me feel like I’d chosen a great player to admire and I used to brag to my friends about how I’d always known he’d come good. Then the summer came with still no new contract. I kept saying to myself and mother “He was just distracted by the season. He’ll sign a new deal any day now.” My mother was quite pessimistic and after celebrating the last win of the season that saw us qualify for champions league I said “He has to resign now.” And my mom said simply “No.” And told me all summer he would leave. I couldn’t believe that. He was my hero! He wouldn’t leave us, right? Then over the summer as I was reading through news now things one day there it popped up. His statement. He didnt intend to resign blah blah blah. And my heart broke. And a broken heart takes a while to heal. I knew then he’d leave, my mom thought Wenger would make him sit in the reserves all year, but I knew. Then when he signed for Man U the realization dawned on me. This was my hero, in the jersey of the club I hate the second most (behind Spuds). And my heart broke again. I can never forgive Robin for what he did. But that doesn’t change he was my hero. My mom wanted me to throw out my poster of him but I couldn’t. It sits in the bottom of my closet. And to this day I still despise him. The hero I worshipped was a lie. Gooner for life, lie. He wouldn’t leave for money, lie. I guess I thought he was as devoted as me, as all of us, the true gooners. But he’s not, and he never was. He’s just another footballer. 😦 (PS. Thanks for reading this rant. Hopefully at least some of it makes sense. Now to go drown my sorrows in FIFA 13) 😉

43. Milo says:

I just hope and pray, no United fans come on here and laugh at us for being bitter. I dislike RVP a lot, but I dislike Terry and Lampard (who stood by Terry and his abhorrent behaviour) just as much. I try not to pay too much attention to them UNTIL they fail!!! 😀 hahahahahahaha, then I just sit there and laugh out loud at the television. I don’t see City catching United in the league, BUT in my estimation, Robin has been a failure this season. NOT a TOTAL failure, obviously, because they have won the league, but a failure none the less. At one point they were eyeing the elusive treble, once again, and I’m sooooooooooo happy they will not be able to attain that, at least.

I think if we can keep our key players this summer, we will have a real shot at equalling United’s trophy intake next season!!! Then, we will REALLY be able to laugh at Nasri, Adebayor, and the others, whole-heartedly!!! 😀

44. AFC says:

TA, you’ve got mail! 🙂

Cheers AFC 🙂

New Post New Post! 🙂

‘Mair shows us why Ramsey is a good option for Arsenal’s DM position!

Milo and Dylan, I will get back to you in a bit.

Milo

46. Bond James says:

i know it’s a bit random but when was the last time the little boy inside Rvp actually made the big boy Rvp score for man utd ?

one things for sure though, after tonight Rvp will end up with a fair few more grey hair….(but would he say it’s cause of him playing at arsenal ? you bet ya.

Dylan, thanks for a very passionate post straight from your young Gooner heart. He fooled me too, and that’s why I will not forgive him in a hurry either, and that’s why we call him van Judas! 😈

This is from today’s Mirror:

“Van Persie has gone off the boil at the business end of the season. United will still walk the title but Doubles and Trebles are what earns a team the right to be called great.

Within the space of a few weeks, the Treble has disappeared – just at a time when van Persie has stopped scoring. His heroics earlier in the season may have left him tired and jaded. But he’s stayed fit – he just can’t score.

It was a familiar story at Stamford Bridge. Van Persie came off the bench as United were chasing an equaliser to cancel out Demba Ba’s wonder strike to keep themselves in the Cup.

There were two half chances, one from an Antonio Valencia cross and the other deep into stoppage time from Ashley Young’s cross. Both went begging.

But it was the other wasted opportunity which really was a gift. Patrice Evra’s low cross found van Persie unmarked, the Dutchman leaned back and fired horribly over the bar with the sort of chance he was burying a couple of months ago.

RvP leaves the pitch having failed to score past Petr Cech
    PA
    United were pulling off comebacks and fight backs earlier in the season. Van Persie was the never-say-die hero. Now even Sir Alex Ferguson admits that van Persie should have scored – but insists United will finish the title race in style.

Ferguson said: “Robin had a chance from a header, a couple of headers actually. One he really should have scored, but he put it over the bar, but it was disappointing because we are better than that. We didn’t play as well as we should have done in the second half.”

Sadly for van Persie, United’s goal machine has also stopped firing in the second half of the season.”

Hi Milo

the above article in the Mirror will do you good 🙂

Next thing is, he will be warming the bench! 😛

50. Aussie Gunner says:

ROBIN VAN PURSESTRING

51. Dylan says:

Milo, if any Man U fans come on here to laugh, we need just ask them how Ronaldo is doing.

52. weedonald says:

Poor Robin VanPersecuted………….he isn’t getting any younger!

53. Roland C Rozario says:

Remy Cabella can be just the player to fit into Arsenal’s type of play!!
    With key players in Carzola, Arteta, Le Ox, Walcott, even in the strength and physical aspects of Podolski and Giroud he will be another guy to split defences and provide assists and even score!!
    With Wenger he will definite bring out the best in Cabella!!

54. Jamesofsouthwales says:

I agree TA, I was saying to my wife yesterday (she is slowly being converted to a Gooner hopefully my mind control technique is working lol) after her saying we would be top of the league if we still had him at the grove which in a sence is true. But after what he did o the club, fans included who stuck by him when he himself was having a touch of the Diaby’s I’m lad he’s beggining to hit his Holland like lows.

Lets hope that red noses team are reeled in to make it abit more uncomfortable for him

55. WiganGooner says:

Love it. Great job Total. You echo my sentiments exactly 🙂

WG

56. let him go, carzola has done us proud

57. RAYMOND GOULDNER says:

RvP has gooners in his heart but manu at his lips. I’m 100% gooner n believe lack of trophy costed us his move. Let the dip continues anyway.

58. Limpar's Wand says:

Personally I won’t be totally satisfied until he breaks his leg and they have to pay him for another 3 years.

Hehe.. I’m a bastard though.

Limpar’s Wand: nah, I don’t want him to break his leg, but just slowly fading away into football oblivion at Manure would be nice 🙂

Raymond, the only thing he has at his lips is the bitter taste of cold cash! He pretended to be a Gooner because he loves adulation which he needs in order to fill his huge, ravenous ego.

Cheers WG 🙂

JamesofSW – if you can get your wife to become a Gooner, you are better than me, because I have failed for 20 years and counting hahaha 🙂

60. adah says:

V.P thought he despised us with those statements made with the sole aim of causing disaffection and revolt among the players left behind, he failed.

61. ogban says:

The mere sight of that of that man in that s**t no. 20 shirt makes me mad. I can’t bear looking twice.

62. Abdulazizgaza says:

Nothing can change he is gone lets plan for better tomorrow so that we can bring back our good old days

63. JJ says:

Rvp is a world class player bt vry unlikely!!pliz he needs medals 4 future ref.

64. Afc10 says:

We sold Rvp and brought Giroud that hurts me more than anything i don’t care about Rvp but watching Giroud miss important chances infuriates me as afc have such a rich history when it comes to strikers. It pisses me off we didn’t buy baa from the magpies and thought giroud was better even though baa was almost half the price, what prat of a scout thought that Giroud was better? If afc replaced Rvp with a credible striker no afc fan would give two craps about Rvp. I think wenger has double standards he slates schezny for being crap but misses the fact his main striker misses most the time in return costing us valuable points and gives possession away every time the ball is passed to him which doesn’t make sense as afc are ment to be a passing team. I’d rather have Christopher wreh then our very own oliver twist.