Will and should Rosicky be at Arsenal next season?

Little Mozart needs an orchestra and a podium to perform on more regularly then currently is the case!

Little Mozart needs an orchestra and a podium to perform on more regularly than currently is the case!

Rosicky has been at Arsenal since 2006, and is liked by Arsenal fans for his ability to lead a midfield through his vision and dribbling skills, good ball control, quick one-touch football with clever movement, and always having a trick up his sleeve to beat defenders. These qualities allow Rosicky to orchestrate a midfield, which led to him acquiring the nickname ‘The Little Mozart’, during his time in Germany playing for Borussia Dortmund.

It could be argued that the rejuvenated Rosicky, of the late part of the second halve of last season, led Arsenal to securing 3rd place in the Premier League, and more importantly, qualifying for the Champions League once again. This resulted in Rosicky being offered a new contract, which he later signed.

Despite signing a new contract at the end of last season, Rosicky has not played as much as he would have expected to, as a result of Wenger opting to play other midfielders instead of him.

At the moment, Rosicky’s experience and quality is not being utilised in the best possible way by Wenger, in order to get the best out of our current squad of players.

At the age of 32 years old, Rosicky is not getting any younger and many fans are wondering how much longer Rosicky will stay at Arsenal, and whether Rosicky will leave Arsenal soon, or whether Rosicky will stay at Arsenal; eventually going on to retire at Arsenal. The latter is now looking less likely, with Rosicky getting limited game time and being resorted to making cameo appearances.

People may point out that Rosicky has started a number of games lately, starting with the second leg of our Champion’s League tie with Bayern Munich and Premier League fixtures after that match, but in my opinion Rosicky has only started those matches because of injuries to other players in the squad i.e. Diaby, Podolski, Wilshere and Walcott, who are still unavailable; and most recently, possibly players being left out because of transfer speculation i.e. Podolski (and also Vermaelen, although this has no bearing on whether Rosicky starts matches).

And if Wenger had none of these problems to take into consideration when picking his teams, and had a full squad to choose from, Rosicky would not make the first eleven on a regular basis. This was seen much earlier on in the season with Rosicky hardly starting any matches.

Numerous clubs have shown interest in Rosicky and it was rumoured that in January, Everton made an enquiry regarding the sale of the Czech, but Wenger told Everton that he was not for sale. Rosicky’s former club Borussia Dortmund have also shown interest in Rosicky; wanting to bring him back to Germany.

Rosicky is clearly a wanted man!

For Wenger to tell Everton that Rosicky is not for sale could mean one of three things:

1) Rosicky must still be in Wenger’s future plans. Wenger could see Rosicky as part of the group of experienced players which Wenger needs to accumulate before the start of next season, to add the much needed experience which this current Arsenal team needs in order to succeed and win trophies.

2) Wenger does want to sell Rosicky but just did not want to sell him in January, as he would not have been able to replace him in January. It could be a possibility that the player(s) Wenger wanted to replace Rosicky with in the summer, was/were not available in January.

3) Wenger has already agreed a fee with another club for the sale of Rosicky in the summer, with the Czech and the other club already agreeing on personal terms ahead of his move.

Wenger needs to solve this situation regarding Rosicky by next season. If Wenger does not see him in his future plans, the Frenchman must sell him for the good of Arsenal and little Mozart himself.

There is no point in keeping Rosicky and paying his weekly wage if you are not going to play him (something that has been happening too much with other players at Arsenal in recent years). Rosicky’s wages could be used to pay the wages of a younger attacking midfielder, whom Wenger would play weekly; for example Isco.

Arshavin is a perfect example of a quality, experienced player whose career has been ruined at Arsenal, and his reputation tainted in world football, because he did not leave Arsenal when he should have; and as a result, spent a number of seasons sitting on the bench, losing all of his confidence, and is now generally hated by a lot of Arsenal fans.

The last thing Arsenal fans want to see is Rosicky’s career as a footballer ruined (just like Arshavin’s and Chamakh’s); where we are paying/trying to pay, other clubs to take him on loan, or wasting valuable club money paying his wages to sit on the bench and make the odd random appearance, and with Rosicky coming on the pitch dragging his feet, looking like he is being forced to play against his will and cannot wait to leave Arsenal.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the topic.

Written by: AFC.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

175 Responses to Will and should Rosicky be at Arsenal next season?

Hi AFC,

Excellent post, and it is clear that you both appreciate Tomas’ skills and care about him as a person. πŸ™‚

It would be a great waste if he were to finish his career predominantly on the bench. There is too much joy and talent left in him and he should play regularly. The question is, is he physically strong enough to play regularly? It always looks like he has not got what it takes physically, to become really important for Arsenal.

But if and when Cazorla or Jack need a break or are suspended, Rosicky is a great squad player to have. I have been disappointed in Wenger not using him much since he returned to fitness in December. The great thing about Tomas is he always gives us shape and purpose and he makes us play fantastic football. On top of that he has passion for the club and that’s why we love him.

I reckon he we will be gone next season and it will indeed be the best for him, but not necessarily for the club. What he does and brings is not easily replaced, as he has experience and confidence, and knows how Arsenal should play footie, which makes all the difference in the sort of positions he plays in. 😦

The other question to ask is: would going to Dortmund be his best option?

Unless they will play him regularly he will end up on the bench just as at Arsenal…

I think he would fit well into Rodger’s Liverpool side, but obviously, I don’t want him to go there…

Swansea could be another good option for him….

3. AFC says:

TA, glad to be given another opportunity to write for this great site. πŸ™‚

imagine the job he could do at Everton. I think they would be able to properly challenge for 4th place and if they had got him in January like it was reported Everton could be in a higher postion than we are now. He is class and no other player at Arsenal can offer us what he offers. Arshavin was also class and I do not want to see Rosicky turn into our next Arshavin.

If Wenger does sell him we would be losing a quality player but because he is playing well we could get a decent transfer fee for him and invest in a younger AM like Isco who Malaga would be willing to let go as opposed to keeping him through his decline where we would find it hard to receive a decent transfer free for him.

4. Bond James says:

that would be a NO.

time to cut our losses short on what may have been or could have been players, who spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch (which to be quite frank has been a major reason for our trophy draught).

get rid of him while he still has some monetary value unlike arshavin.

i hear this fella reus from germany isn’t too shabby nor is gotze or isco – (i dream but i’m allowed to considering we have Β£70 million reasons .

5. AFC says:

TA, for some reason I see him fitting in perfectly at Everton. I could just imagine him playing along side the likes of Fellani and Baines behind Mirallas or big J doing his magic.

AFC,

Arshavin is quite different from Rosicky. I reckon, something broke in Wenger when he substituted Ox for him against the Mancs at home last season, only for the Russian to put in a lacklustre performance, and make a big mistake which led to us losing the game.

They are both very talented players but one gives his all and the other one does everything on his terms.

7. Bond James says:

teams like Liverpool, Everton, Swansea would be a perfect fit for Ros, i’m even going to say if Liverpool really wanted to be contenders for the top 4 next season then they need Ros.

You could be right about Everton, AFC.

9. AFC says:

BJ, thanks for commenting.

I do tend to agree with you because at Arsenal (especially in recent years) the careers of players over the age of 30 are ruined. Arshavin is an example of this and Sagna could be the next. If I got a good offer I would take it and invest in a younger AM.

I agree BJ, Liverpool are missing such a dynamic and yet conductor type of footballer at the moment.

11. AFC says:

TA, you are right about Dortmund. If Rosicky went there I do not see him getting any more game time than he is at Arsenal. He reminds me of Berbatov, a brilliant player who can be the talisman of a mid-table team in the Prem.

I also reckon that Jovetic is going to come – just feel it – and that would be the end of Rosicky, as I see the Montenegrin beast as our future man in the hole, behind the CF.

Good point about Berbatov. I have never liked him very much, but was impressed with his interview yesterday, after the QPR game. He really seems to have settled at Fulham and enjoy his footie now.

14. AFC says:

The only thing about Rosicky going Liverpool is that he would end up like Joe Cole hardly playing. Rogers clearly favours the younger players.

15. bc says:

I would sell him and I expect him to move on this summer. As I see it we play with 4 attacking players primarily they have been walcott cazorla podolski giroud with chamberlain rosicky arshavin gervinho as the back up. Of the 4 I think chamberlain and gervinho are the most likely to stay especially as they have been used the most. Obviously arshavin is going and I expect us to replace both him and tomas with an attacking midfielder/right winger and a centre forward/right winger. The reason I am undecided is cos I am unsure if wenger will continue with 4231 next season also how he plans to use the ox and theo. Then there is also joel campbell gnabry eisfeld afobe ryo who are all very close to the first team especially campbell who should now be eligible for his visa having played more than 75% of bolivias matches over the last 2 years. However I still think all 5 players are more likely to experience championship or premier league loans next season. The likes of frimpong aneke and yennaris are in a similar position in midfield with all 3 having yet to prove themselves in the top two tiers whilst in defence miquel meade hajrovic angha and possibly bellerin might be in need of loans in the top 2 divisions. Martinez could be another loan option.

16. Bond James says:

i know the majority of us are going bananas over Jovetic but i’m not convinced, i much rather have Lewondoski than Jovetic , quite simply because Serie A isn’t all that.

take the likes of Balotelli for instance, in the premiership he was doing a decent job but soon he goes to Italy , he’s been a major hit…(yep, for me i don’t really see Jovetic having the same sort of impact in the premiership)

i really do feel most if not all of our next potential signings might come from the bundesliga bar Isco (or so i dream , i do have Β£70 million worth reasons to be a dreamer),don’t i ?

AFC, there is a gaping hole there for Rosicky to jump into, but I don’t want him to go there anyway! πŸ™‚

18. AFC says:

TA, apparently he has already agreed to join us in the summer agreeing personal terms with is.

TA, the only thing, is the more we are linked to a particular player the less likley he is to come. All of Wenger’s latest signings have been players we did even consider coming to Arsenal. Look at Monreal, I had heard just heard of him and that was about it before he came to us. Who saw Wenger signing Arteta and Benayoun. Wenger will always surprise us!

BJ, we have to disagree on this one. Lewandowski does nothing for me, but Jovetic is the sort of player who can lift this team to the next level. Not as a CF, but as the man in the hole. Agreed on the quality of Serie A though.

20. Bond James says:

on a slightly different tangent,

is it me or do we seem to be playing 4-4-2 lately in the name of 4-3-3 ?

could it possibly be that Podolski is going to be used more as a front man in coming games ? with the likes of the Ox on the left with the option of Theo/Gerv on the right (with podo/giroud playing up front as the lone strikers)

thoughts , TA and AFC ?

21. AFC says:

BJ, the season Man City won the league Balotelli was excellant and done some truly amazing things. He was by far my favourite City player.

We did see Podolski coming and also Giroud, AFC, but yes, Wenger likes to surprise us. However, Jovetic is the sort of player Wenger will really, really want, imo.

Look at this midfield and attack next season

———-Arteta/DM beast——–Jack the Giant killer

Theo—————Jovetic—————-Cazorla
    —————–Giroud/Pod————————

23. AFC says:

To me Wenger has experimented with a 4-4-2 on occasions but I see him sticking with 4-3-3 variations. He has expressed his views on 4-3-3 being the modern fomation.

I personally think 4-4-2 is outdated and teams who play this leave gaps, that can easily be used by opposing teams for their benefit. The only variation of 4-4-2 I think would work in modern football would be the 4-4-2 with one or two holding players.

24. Akeem says:

I love Rosicky as footballer and a goo player too let Arsenal keep him til next season…..Experience is the best Teacher in d world

25. Bond James says:

AFC, i don’t deny mario’s skills, talents and shenanigans both on and off the field, i was simply making a comparison quality wise of the 2 leagues, he’s finding it much easier in serie A than he ever did in the premiership (mind you in man city, he did have the luxury of having world class players all around him), Geoff boycott’s grand mother wouldn’t fail to score for man city had she been a striker for man city .

26. AFC says:

TA, that is the thing about Jovetic, he can play in a number of positions and I could easily see him playing in the hole as well as leading the line.

Next season I would like to see Wenger buy an experienced GK and extend Fab’s contract by a year, a new CB, or a new experienced RB with Sagna converted to CB, a new DM, a new CF/ST and possibly a new AM/creative winger. For me he should buy a minimum of 4 players.

BJ,

I reckon we will only get the best out of Giroud if we play another striker next to him: a foxie in the boxie sort of player. Eduardo – Giroud would have been brilliant! Giroud – Pod could also work. And with Cazorla and Ox or Gervinho on the wing it could work. But we would need that beast of a DM, so Jack could could support the attack more (although Cazorla/Ox/Gervinho would likely jump into that area most of the time as well).

I like 4-4-2 and I reckon we would play more compact in midfield as we have done during the last two seasons, but it is all down to the right mix of players.

AFC, I would rather we keep our first team players and add a DM, an experienced GK and Jovetic. I dont want too much disruption and build further on what we have now.

29. AFC says:

TA, 4-1-3-2 would also be a formation which It think could work. We could play the DM as the ‘1’ Arteta in front of him with Santi on the right and Wilshere on the left.

Where would our wing-play come from AFC; the full-backs?

31. Bond James says:

TA, agreed with you there re- giroud needing another striker up front, if i was Wenger, i would be on the phone to SAF and persuading him to sell Hernandez .

he would be a perfect partnership up front with G in my opinion.

32. AFC says:

TA, I still think another CB/RB is needed. Man U have 5 CBs. I think we should buy another CB with Miquel as 5th CB.

33. AFC says:

TA, the wing play would primarily come from the full backs but Santi is a winger and Jack also has a bit of pace about him so they could also provide width. But I would play Santi and Jack close to Arteta and when we need added width throw on Theo and Ox.

34. glic says:

Nice one AFC.
    I love Little Mozart. He was essential and instrumental in a high tempo, high pressing game against Reading. he may be 32, but after years on the treatment table he is not a worn out player and probably has the energy and fitness of a 28 year old !.
    Ramsey has said in an interview, that Arsenal have taken a view to a more pressing game from the start of games recently after a lot of very slow first half performances previously and imo Rosicky is the type of player needed with such a vibrant style !.
    I would only sell him as a part-exchange deal for Goetze or Isco !.

Welcome BJ, to the small underground resistance pocket of BK who are not overwhelmed by Jovetic !. Our small group includes ( coded names as not to be persecuted by Total Von Himlerstein and his henchman HH ), RA, VCC, me and yourself BJ. hahaha

PS
    This message is coded for your eyes only.

35. AFC says:

TA, have you thought of a 5-2-3 where the middle CB also acts as a DM. So when we are attacking and playing a high line the player would act as a sweeper sitting quite deep behind the two CBs to act as extra cover and when defending deep the player would then come forward and turn into a DM sitting infront of the back four, shielding the defense. Not sure who could perform this role.

36. glic says:

PS

Just act normal ( like me ) and carry on debating whilst distracting Totals attention and I will graffitti spray…..”Viva la Isco”…..over his headlines !.

37. AFC says:

So TA, when we are defending we play a 1-4-2-3 and when we are attacking we would be playing a 4-1-2-3. So the player I was talking about would be a sort of box to box CB, fusion of Sweeper and DM.

Let me know what you think.

38. Bond James says:

glic, i wouldn’t mind Jovetic coming over in the summer however, i would prefer the players i have already mentioned over him either way as long as we’re willing to spend and buy quality players, it’s a win win

PS: roger that and Isco all the way : )

Hi AFC,

All formations have positives and negatives, and I quite like 4-1-2-3 or 4-4-1-1, and can also live with our current formation. I am happy with our current CB’s, and would not mind for Djourou to come back as well. But we need that beast of a DM first and foremost in my view.

BJ, I rate Hernandez as well.

Hi Glic πŸ™‚

41. AFC says:

TA, let me know your thoughts on my last two comments.

AFC, am not a big fan of 5-2-3, but Vermaelen could do this role well.

Off to bed now – have an early start tomorrow.

Thanks for a great post AFC and we’ll continue our discussions tomorrow! πŸ™‚

44. Frey says:

That shouldn’t be a question, that should be am affirmation. Rosicky should retire at arsenal.

Let Walcott leave instead.

45. AFC says:

TA, in reality it would be a 4-2-3 with the one player performing the role of a SW/DM, splitting his duties between sitting behind the defense and shielding the defense by siiting in front of the defense.

TA, a player performing this SW/DM role could win us trophies! πŸ˜€

46. Mick Downer says:

Rosicky is a great squad player , no need to offload him.

47. yusuf abdul says:

Is arsenal manager that is killing arsenal players you have to talk to him.

48. weedonald says:

AFC……you pose a good question but then make all sorts of false assumptions and try and lay blame where none need be laid. Rosicky is still a quality player and still gives his all for Arsenal despite your claims to the contrary. He is getting too close to the Β¨too old to sign a new contractΒ¨ age where AW usually sends a player on his way.
    Should he go, of course ….if he isn’t going to get more games….but nobody knows that at the moment. You can’t fault Wenger for wanting to give the younger players their chances and Podolski isn’t a midfielder so only Ramsey, The OX and Wilshere are in line. Arshavin ruined his career not Wenger….he didn’t produce the goods, despite being used regularly both in attack and midfield. Anyone who says he is a victim is spreading BS. If the purpose of this post was to diss Wenger, then remember that Rosicky’s career is coming to an end, and it was never ruined by the Arsenal!

49. Highbury Harmony says:

AFC,

Another quality post and great read. Rosicky often gets lost amid all the other criticisms that the club faces and it’s nice to see his questionable lack of playing time get some attention.

Personally, I think the blame is entirely on AW in terms of Rosicky. He does not rotate his players enough and relies too heavily on faith that bad performances are a result of starters needing more time to develop chemistry. While this theory certainly has some merit, it always ends up costing us in the long-run with injuries from players being run into the ground or having our squad players not receiving playing time because we are constantly catching up.

Eventually, the squad players who see no playing time become fed up with their position within the team and AW punishes them for not being “good teammates”. However, in the case of Rosicky he is a consummate professional who trains hard every week, never publicly complains and patiently waits for his opportunity to come.

I agree with many others that Rosicky would be the ideal starter at a mid-table club. However, much like Berbatov, I would prefer not to sell him to another club in the EPL since I am very confident it would come back to bite us in the arse. He’s so talented and when given a run of form can take over a game with his vision, movement, ball control and defence splitting passes.

I believe we need to keep Rosicky at all costs and that veterans must be retained and are crucial in delivering silverware. Their experience and ability to constantly reinvent their games, while not need much game time to reach form are exceptional. Veteran players are key to helping others adapt to the EPL and in the transition of players into a team’s system/environment.

Arsenal have to shed the image of being a young team that sells all it’s older players and stars – it all begins with retaining players like Sagna and Rosicky. The constant revolving door of players coming in and out of the club is not healthy in terms of players viewing our club as a permanent, sustainable place to be at. There needs to be a stronger culture within the organization to establish a more stable public image and a commitment from the club to retain those players who exhibit the class that distinguishes us as a top club.

50. jeff says:

we need to keep rosicky just like man.utd keeps giggs.. both are veteran,but so what! they still have it.. rosicky has been wonderful whenever he played,i am never dissapointed by his performance since last year,his attitude is fantastic,always gives his best on the pitch. i enjoy watching players like him,flawless touch n ball control with great knowledge of football. his thinking is just faster than any other arsenal players. salute!

51. Ogejohns says:

Wenger is a good manager and can never be one. Fergie last season has to force Scholes out of retirement, and what happened, they chased the league title until the last day. Rosicky is a far more better a player than Cazorla. And how can a good manager keep a player like Rosicky on the bench for Ramsey and Diaby. Such a manager should be discarded.

52. AFC says:

Weedonald, you missed the point of my post. I was in no way trying to diss Wenger, I love Wenger and think he is the best manager in the world. Arshavin did not ruin his own career as he did play poorly but that was only because he was played out of position. Arshavin is not a LW/RW he is a CF/CAM so in a way staying at Arsenal did ruin his career. When playing on the wing his lack of pace has clearly been exposed. I am in no way faulting Wenger and have clearly expressed my view that I think Rosicky is a quality player and I think if he had gone to Everton in January Everton might now be in one of the CL positions and I have not made any claims to the contrary. I too want Wenger to play younger players but he has gone about it the wrong way when it comes to giving Rosicky game time. Podoski has played a midfielder (LM/LW) in our formation numerous times and this is one of the positions in which Rosicky is also fighting for a place. I have made no false assumptions I am stating possibillties. There is a clear difference.

53. AFC says:

HH, it’s always good to hear.

I agree with you when you say that Wenger does not rotate his squad enough. Ferguson is the best at rotating squads (although his is huge) but he would easily give Rosicky, Coq etc more game time. This is shown by him managing to play veterans Giggs and Scholes and also managing to give his 4 strikers enough game time.

I also see your point on trying not to sell Rosicky to another club in the Prem if we so end up selling him. The last thing we want is Rosicky scoring a goal that makes us end up finishing in 5th place. πŸ™‚

54. AFC says:

* HH, it’s always good to hear from you. πŸ™‚

55. AFC says:

HH, you are also right in saying we need experienced players like Sagna and Rosicky to win trophies. Even City had a few experienced players and Chelsea do as well with Man U having the world of experienced players.

56. hmz says:

wenger must keep rosicky for next season. cazorla a wonderful player to play behind striker but he cant dribble past opponent like rosicky or wilshere did. that’s why in recent weeks wenger reluctant to play cazorla behind the striker role. jack wilshere & now rosicky preferred in that position. however, by moving cazorla out wide (mainly for defensive purpose as his work rate is excellent) & allowing him to roam free wherever he please, wenger just add another dimension to arsenal attacking football (we are now more similar when nasri was playing as a left wing). but wenger probably don’t want to play jack behind striker too often, he sees jack as a box to box midfielder to partner arteta, so rosicky still an important back up player in that position (assuming wenger would buy another creative midfielder or promote gnabry/eisfield next season). i think rosicky will play an important role as we push for champion league place. wenger might not have play him that much since december so rosicky a bit rusty but he’s fresh & that could be crucial.

57. AFC says:

Jeff, thanks for taking the time to comment.

We should keep Rosicky as we do need experienced players to win silverware just like Man U have Giggs and Scholes but I still feel Rosicky leaving could be better for him and Arsenal. Giggs and Scholes play much more than Rosicky as Ferguson rotates his squad more than AW does. So if Rosicky was to stay at Arsenal, he would have to get more game time than he is currently getting. The last thing we want to be doing is paying the wages of someone who warms our bench.

58. AFC says:

Hmz, thanks for taking the time to comment.

Rosicky would still be vital player for us but I feel Wenger does want Jack to play behind the striker, although this may not not be the position where he plays when fully developed. Rosicky offers us what no other Arsenal player can and I would be sad to see him go. I see your point on Cazorla as for Spain he has played in a free role on the wing. I personally think at the end of next season Rosicky will be gone, same with Sagna.

AFC – I follow the weedonald@03.59 line here …

A player isn’t played = must be frustrated
    Media look at possibilities, come up with the same two clubs you mention = rumour

That makes your 3 options redundant?

But looking at the player and lack of opportunities. Well HH makes a strong case for lack of rotation? No argument from me on that, except I repeat what I said before, it is a lot easier to rotate a winning side e.g. now?

I think the parallel between two players is more with Sagna and Rosicky? Both have genuine reasons to think they have done well for the club, but only one has a contract that is not entering it’s final year? Looking around at players in and outside of the EPL who have kept themselves fit(injuries aside for a moment), it is clearly possible that much older players than these two can still contribute, albeit in a diminishing way, for far longer that the AW average ‘cut off’ point. So yes, I would keep both players.

The 25 man squad limit does pose some serious questions though. The likes of Eisfeld, Ryo and Joel Campbell are hard to fit in, given they are not classed as being ‘home grown’, and so are chasing spots from the 18 places available (ref. RA a couple of posts back). Throw into that mix the 3, 4, 5, possible new signings and you can see how tight it gets. Luckily, for the EPL at least, most of the up and coming players from the Next Gen do fall into the ‘any number’ category, which helps?

I think what AW will be looking for in this TW will be player that do add to the quality of the squad(yes, that should be a ‘given’), fit in physically with the demands of the EPL, have skills that suit our style of play or provide an alternative to it should a tactical variation be required, and have a personality that will be welcomed both on and off the field.

And as an add on to that, players that will aid the development of some of the special players we have coming through. That it is where the Rosicky and Sagna do have a big plus sign against their names. But for them to stay, and who comes in, I say reader’s and commentor’s (?) of this blog do have to be realistic in their expectations of the forthcoming TW?

Or to be more specific;

Choose between new GK and Fabiankski(new contract) Martinez, with Iliev in the wings?
    Choose between new RB/CB and Sagna?
    ditto RB and Sagna, Coquelin, and with Yennaris and Bellerin in the wings?
    ditto CB and Sagna, Vermaelin, Miquel, with Hajorovic, Hayden, and Agha in the wings?
    ditto DM no problem – but ditto sidekick/backup Arteta/Coquelin/Frimpong(new contract), and Yennaris and Hayden(?) in the wings?
    ditto AM and Rosicky, et al, and Eisfeld in the wings?
    ditto St and Podolski , et al and Campbell, Ryo, et al, and Gnabry, Akpom, and Ansah in the wings?

60. AFC says:

Ogejohns, thnaks for commenting.

In my eyes Rosicky is better as playing behind the striker than Cazorla but that does not make him a better player than Cazorla. The reason why Wenger plays Ramsey and Diaby ahead of Roiscky is because Ramsey’s workrate is excellant and this is very useful as it makes up for the lack of pace from Arteta who he is often played next to. Diaby is the missing link in our midfield as he fills the physical void left by Song last summer when he joined Barcelona.

61. AFC says:

Gerry, always good to hear from you.

I did say that Rosicky could still be in Wengers plans but what I am trying to say is that Wenger may get rid of Rosicky soon as with Sagna. This is because he thinks he cannot offer them the game time they want. Rosicky and Sagna may want to go a lower team where they can be a first team player or go to a club that will pay them a lot of money as they are not that far away from the end of their career. For instance Sagna could go to PSG.

I also agree that it is easier to rotate your squad when your squad is better and has quality but as times this season AW has not rotataed his sqaud when he should have. Wenger has also said he is looking to promote a number of youngsters so it seems Wenger will be geting rid of players in which Rosicky could be one.

62. AFC says:

Also Gerry, I was in no way trying to say that Rosicky must be frustrated becuase he is not playing. Rosicky has said that he would like to retire at Arsenal. The problem is that Wenger could see it the time to replace him.

63. AFC says:

* because

64. joel says:

i think he should stay. i think when he is fit and on the pitch, he always looks dangerous going forward and i also think that besides our britsh players he is one of the only other players that plays with a bit of heart. bring a creative spark to the team when itys needed and he comes off the bench.

65. Red Arse says:

A very good Post indeed, AFC, carefully argued and I go along with you regarding Tomas who I have always rated. πŸ™‚

That said, I think injuries and age have robbed him and I suspect that he may be allowed to go this summer.

The comments too were very good, including your reasoned responses.

Oh, and Good Morning all!! πŸ™‚

66. AFC says:

RA, glad you enjoyed reading my post. πŸ™‚

I just see Wenger selling Rosicky either in the summer or at the end of next season. Wenger has also said he would like to promote some of the younger players and reward them. So we could see Eisfield come in for Rosicky.

67. JGC says:

AFC, great post, and great comments too.

I’ll try to add something different. So, let me, as I am a professor, postulate the following:

To be a great team in this era of PL, FA Cup and CL/Europe, and various internationals + WC/Euro qualifiers and Africa Cups, you MUST have very good players who you pay a lot and who do not play much, or at least do not play regularly… Unless really necessary (read injuries and intl call ups etc)

Rosicky, I think, increasingly fits this bill. Thus, I’d say:

A. He has the talent to compete for first team = yes

B. He is a quality mentor and role model in training and the locker/changing room = yes

Therefore, he must be kept! For all these reasons. Even though it may not let him excel to the utmost as he might at Everton or Liverpool (for example)

The return obligation, I would argue is that Arsenal and Arsene must do what is necessary to get the players to compete for trophies to ensure he is rewarded for this duty. More than ny other player type (my opinion here), it is players who fill this role I defined above who are most “owed” by management.

Thus endeth my 2p — jgc

68. JGC says:

Ok

I gotta double down here. One more thing… So-called extra first class players are also necessary so you can, per American football, put out “different looks” to different teams by more than changing formation with largely the same players or changing players within the same formation and approach.

Again, per comments above, Rosicky fits this bill well.

Truly the end — jgc

69. AFC says:

JGC, I agree he should be kept but the problem is whether Wenger will keep him. I always thought that Rosicky would go on to retire at Arsenal and giving some sort of coaching role at the club but this is now looking less likely.

70. JGC says:

Thanks AFC

Post dinner hour here in the Arese(nal) end of the world.

Do you really think they would cash in now? I’ve no idea actually, but, I would wait 1-2 years and sell in January to an “Everton” who wants a boost for the run in.

When it wouldnt cost us!

There is, I think, always a market for top quality, shorter term sales like that

If I had one “problem” with the financial aspects of modern football is that players are values primarily by the value of Sold_For – Bought_For. THus, RVP = +22M or so …

However, that simplistic analysis fails to include the Value_Delivered, on the positive account. If one does so it thus sometimes would pay to keep the “asset” in these cases

Cheers — jgc

71. AFC says:

JGC, Wenger may try to sell Rosicky while he still has some value. So my guess is it would be sometime in the next two seasons.

72. Red Arse says:

JGC,

I detect a level of irony and tongue firmly in cheek with your comments. None-the-less I smiled when reading it, even tho’ there is only one ‘Le Professeur’ who counts at Arsenal.

Your points about the necessary player qualities, and having copious numbers to put out ‘different looks’ etc are truisms that state the obvious, but you seem to have little regard either for the need to also have the funds to acquire players of the recommended quality, or the limited squad size permitted, especially with regard to the HGR, or the requisite UEFA FFP, and EPL FFP regulations, limiting expenditure on transfer fees and salaries in line with each club’s commercial revenue etc which is already in its qualifying period.

73. Richard says:

I would keep him he offers an alternative to what we have he is quick footed and witted.secondly he has experience that will be invaluable in big games. We have players we can get rid of like Eastmond possibly Frimpong and with better care taken we can get the most out of wilshere by rotating him with rosicky. Rosicky has had his own injury problems but has a role to play. I would like to see him given the chance to bring on the kids

74. AFC says:

It is always good to get the comments of a financial genius like yourself RA. πŸ˜€

75. JGC says:

Hi RA

No disagreement really. I am firmly aware of living within ones means, and Arsenal and LE Professeur are (still) a favorite for this reason, among others. I.e. I could never root heavily for city or manu as they do not live within means, despite in one case massive income from their brand (admittedly partly due to owners taking money out too).

That said, must we *always* sell at the very best time, or is there a different “optimal” path through this investment cycle? That would be more the question for me. Ie a little less profit now if we recognize less tangible returns that we can assign value to.

In this case, I would say a highly professional Rosicky in the locker room helps us keep Wilsheres and Walcotts and Gibbses, a value and return, versus say keeping a less professional Nasri (as I’ve been reading other headlines) who should, and was, cashed out perhaps more properly…

Equally, having done things “right” financially, we are hopefully in a better position than many to make such trade off decisions with less financial peril than other teams. Admitting that ever better commercial deals (eg jerseys and kit deals) need to follow on too.

Just a thought!

Ps: je suis UN Professeur, pas LE Professeur! (:))

Cheers — jgc

Morning all πŸ™‚

AFC, have you slept at all last night? πŸ™‚

Some very fine comments and responses last night, and it is clear that most bloggers rate Rosicky and would like him to stay and be used more frequently. I won’t say much about ‘the need to rotate more/better’ as Marcus has written a post about it, which will come out by end of week.

Welcome to jgc, un Professeur mais ne pas LE Professeur haha πŸ™‚

We already have Le Professeur on here; Glic – he specialises in phallicology! πŸ˜›

What is your discipline/specialisation, jcg?

77. AFC says:

JGC, I get your point. If someone offered me 50-55 mill for Bale I would take it as he has reached his maximum worth and invest this money in a number of new players.

78. AFC says:

TA good morning. πŸ˜‰

I had around a 6 hour sleep.

AFC, looking at your commenting times, it cannot have been more than 5 hours! πŸ™‚

80. AFC says:

TA, it’s about 5 hours and 30 mins.

81. Red Arse says:

AFC,

You, sir, are a dedicated Poster/commenter! Hats off to you!! πŸ˜€

82. Red Arse says:

Morning TA, mon ami, πŸ˜€

haha AFC, Maggie Tatcher ruled the country with less daily sleep than that!

Btw, I have approved a few more new comments from last night; just so you know. πŸ™‚

84. AFC says:

When I write a post I do try to get back to everyone with fine responses. πŸ™‚

85. Red Arse says:

You are an interesting person, Professor JGC, πŸ™‚

Are you based in the US?

[No requirement to give personal info — but you are welcome on BK in any event!] πŸ™‚

Morning Redders πŸ™‚

How are you doing today? And did you watch any of last night’s CL footie?

87. AFC says:

Richard, thanks for taking the time to comment.

I agree with you. Rosicky is a player that the younger players on the locker room can look up to. But do not forget that we also have the likes of Mertesacker, Podolski, Arteta, Santi (Sagna although he might leave) but all of these players also have tons of experience and the younger players can look up to these players also.

88. AFC says:

Joel, thanks for commenting.

Rosicky has huge amounts of love for Arsenal but yuo do have to wonder whether his time at Arsenal is up. Even Henry eventually left Arsenal.

89. AFC says:

* you

90. AFC says:

Frey, what do you mean by let Walcott leave instead?

91. AFC says:

yusuf abdul, thanks for commenting but you will have to explain to me in more detail what you mean by your comment.

92. AFC says:

Mick Downer, thanks for commenting.

He is a good squad player but you have to think of the future. Whether it would be better for us to cash in on Rosicky now and whether Rosicky staying at Arsenal will be right for Rosicky.

93. AFC says:

BC, thanks for commenting.

I can see Rosicky leaving as well but the question is whether Wenger will buy a new AM/creative winger or replace him with one of the players from the youth team?

94. AFC says:

Akeem thanks for commenting.

Experience is the best teacher but we have other experienced players like Santi, Mert and Pod who have all won things and do not forget our vice-captain Arteta.

95. JGC says:

Hi TA and RA,

I’m in the arse(nal) end of the world, in the “other” Christchurch in NZ, which means that Arsenal games are all on tv at ungodly a.m. … However, i grew up in the US. Fortunately, I get to work in Europe some, which means I occasionally catch a game on telly if Belgian or Hungarian tv cooperates!

RA my specialty is a mix of computational modeling and biomedical engineereing, as applied in intensive care medicine. More broadly, numbers and models applied to making decisions, like when to sell a player or buy one, when you don’t know what will happen in the future (like injuries) … There are aspects of managing a critically ill patient that are not all that different than a modern football team or business, as you have limited resources, don’t control outside factors or events, but everyone expects an optimal trophy winning outcome!

Thanks for the comments!

Cheers — jgc

AFC,

When talking about Rosicky’s experience, we should also look at his specific Arsenal-system/ Wenger style of footie experience. That is where he can add real value to our team and youth players. And that’s why we should keep him in my view, but Arsene should play him more (luckily he just started doing that).

97. AFC says:

Last but not least Glic thanks for commenting and glad you like my post. πŸ™‚

I would only be ok with Rosicky leaving Arsenal if Wenger buys some sort of a replacement. I believe we should not be replacing him with a young player as next season I want the young players to add to our senior squad and not to replace them. Strength in depth will mean next season we have a very good chance of winning some silverware.

98. AFC says:

TA, you are totally right in saying that he knows how to play Wengerball and he has started to play more matches and I have no problem with him staying if he plays matches. The only problem is that you can argue he has only played because of injuries to other squad players and possibly players being left out because of transfer speculation and when Wenger has a full squad to choose from next season Rosicky will hardly play.

Hi JGC,

I had a couple KIWI ladies in my (work) team and one has just returned to Christchurch (post Earthquake) – it is a small world! πŸ™‚

Your discipline sounds very interesting: do you also produce odds on survival based on medicine/treatment options?

Agreed AFC, unless we enter a period of winning/stability and rotation becomes more effective and common (Gerry’s point).

101. Red Arse says:

Well, after that info, JGC, I hope we see a lot more of your comments. Your professional background is fascinating and it will be intriguing to see how you apply your medical disciplines to other aspects of ‘Arsenal matters’! πŸ™‚

We have a number of Aussie regulars on BK but, until now, no Kiwis, so welcome to the club!

I am a Yank accountant based in the UK for some years, but laid low medically, at the moment, so I have seen more of hospitals than I really want to in the last 2 years. So, of course, I want guys like you to click your fingers and fix me up, tout de suite! πŸ˜€

102. JGC says:

Hi TA

There are many kiwis in England and London,… some urban legends say more than in NZ! πŸ™‚

Work wise we deal more with using models to make dosing and treatment decisions, given uncertainty, than prognosis. Or per football, more about team and formation selection, then about determining who will win.

We do look at survival odds as the outcome of what we do, like changes in them to show performance, but I am not a big believer in prognostic statistical models as there are always plenty of cases that go against the odds

Recent PL games like Chelseas loss last weekend support the idea, in my mind at least, that odds based outcome predictions are nice unless you are the one actually involved. More succinctly, odds dont predict specific outcomes and my preference is to try to control or manage each outcome as perfectly as possible — which, in sporting terms, is “why we play the games” instead of awarding the trophy to the best team all the time.

IMO, good news for all us gooners (which the damn apple spell checker wants to change to the much worse “goners”), as much of these debates center around the inability of AFC to have the somehow demonstrably “best” squad and players!

Cheers — jgc

JGC πŸ™‚

I loved working with the Kiwis: very well educated and quite European (as in Continent) in their thinking and method of working/ professionalism. Really nice, friendly people as well and the accent is just great!

Your job/specialism sounds fantastic and l love your constant link back to the Arsenal/footie. With those sort of comments you are very welcome on BK and I am looking forward to blogging with you in future.

My background is in Human Resources but for the last few years I have been a stay at home dad and, for half a year now, blog owner of Bergkampesque. I am based in Norwich, UK and originate from The Netherlands.

Right out for the day now. Catch you guys later and next post about 10.30pm. πŸ™‚

105. glic says:

Morning Phallic Icicle`s πŸ˜†

Here are my UMF predictions :

Mutants Pooh
    Dame White Nuts
    Sticky Toe
    Nuns Ladder
    Shit Mecca Entry

All to win .

Shame there`s no team called Accountant !. hahaha

106. glic says:

I`m also out now, incase Stretch and Redders are after me !.

107. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

I thought you ‘came out’ when you saw Isco dribble πŸ˜†

108. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Good post AFC, thanks for the great read. I believe we will see Rosa retire at Arsenal, and i hope it is so. Like so many others i really do rate him. He shows plenty of thrust and drive and urges our team forward with his attacking flair and one touch go football. There is no one better in our team at dropping the shoulder and turning a player, well maybe Jack.

Shame about the injuries though. I did not know this, but apparently he has had less appearances than Diaby since they signed in 2006. We all know the talent they both possess but Rosa seems to make a bigger impact when he plays, although a fully fit and in form Diaby would be the ultimate weapon in the EPL. Its funny that people have had enough of Diaby, but no one talks in that way about Rosa.

Just out of curiousity AFC, in a nimber of your comments you have stated that maybe its best that we cash in now (summer) on Mozart. My question is, how much do you expect we will recieve for a 32 yr old injury prone ‘has been’? I dont mean to be derogitory to our Czech star, but i believe that is how many scouts will view him when they make the call to Arsenal. Simply to slash the price. So how much is enough to cash in on an experienced player who has Wengerball in his DNA?

Hope he stays and wins silverware with us next season. Never have i heard a bad word about him. True pro!

109. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

*nimber=number*

110. AFC says:

PPP, thanks for your comments and glad you liked it. πŸ™‚

Rosicky is class and the only reason I am saying to sell him is because Wenger will not play him that often especially next season with younger players being promoted and new players coming in. If Wenger could use him in the way Giggs is used at Man U I would keep him but Wenger favours younger players ‘projects’ such as Wilshere and Ramsey. If we was to sell him I am not sure how much we would get for him, I would say 4-5 mill. But more importantly his wages could be used to pay the wages of a younger AM/creative midfield with the transfer fee we receive. Let me know how much you think we would receive if we sold him.

111. Red Arse says:

That’s a good point, PPP, and right on the button.

There is a balance between a ‘good deal’ and the loss of a resource.

I think what AFC was getting at is that ‘if’ the going rate fee for Tomas was (say) Β£5m, you could then add on an additional saving in salary of (say) Β£5m, so the whole deal would be worth Β£10m.

Now if that money was reinvested into a younger player with potential, it could reap benefits in the on-field contribution he would bring to the team, and then if circumstances merited it, the new player, because of his relative youth, could well bring a sell on transfer fee, in due course, of (say) Β£10m, plus a salary saving of Β£10m.

Now that would make AW stop and think. [it is what all good businesses do in their own ways]. πŸ™‚

112. AFC says:

RA, you financial genius, that is exactly what I was trying to say. πŸ™‚

That 10 mill could help pay for a new AM like Isco or could pay for Capoue (not sure how much he is).

With players like Rosicky you have two choices, sell them or keep them. But once you keep them you have to be in it for the long run. You then cannot change your mind in two years and decide to sell him as that would be pointless. Can you see Wenger keeping Rosicky and even Sagna for another 4-8 years to they retire. I can’t.

113. AFC says:

Wenger has a degree in economics and is highly involved in the financial side of Arsenal. He knows what a good deal is and I think if he receives a good deal for Rosicky he will take it like all smart business men would.

Hi all.. Sorry.. still busy..

@ AFC.. I think Rosicky is still important for us.. He can be our best bench..
    We still need his talent and experience..
    Back to Dortmund..?? Not that easy..
    As I said before.. Not easy for the former stars to return to his old club.. No Fabregras also.. Sahin in the best example.. look what happened to him at Dortmund now..??

Yes we need to bring some better AM.. Isco or Goetze.. Let’s see the game tonight..
    Then we will know.. hehehe..

@ VCC.. My prediction for this week are :
    Soton, Swansea and Arsenal away win..
    Spurs – Everton draw.. MU and City also draw..

bye.. keep the spirit high.. go gunners..

115. Michael says:

Wenger’s dismantled the team to such an extent, he’s left Rosicky as our second best player at the club.

116. AFC says:

Michael, how is Rosicky our second best player. Walcott, Santi, Wilshere, Podolski are all better than Rosicky. Wenger is trying to rebuild our team and to do this will take a few years.

117. older players like him have valuable experience from big games and can teach the rest (especially the young ones).

it would be immensely stupid to sell the only older player we have with loads of big game experience (Euros, World Cup, CL).

118. Michael says:

That’s because he’s been unfit all season, their’s no doubt a fit Rosicky has a far greater influence over the team than the likes of Podolski, Wilshere and Walcott

119. AFC says:

Michael, I just do not see it.

Michael are aka Mario and Bobby? πŸ˜€

120. AFC says:

Michael you must be aka Mario and Bobby.
    πŸ˜€

AFC – Wait for TA to confirm that Micael is our ‘one liner’ friend ‘MBJ+1’

AFC – I did not have time this morning, but I wasn’t saying that you thought Rosicky was frustrated at not playing, only that the media put 2+2 together and make 5, and equals a start of a rumour. The first part of your blog was based around said rumours.

I never got a chance yesterday to add the bit about Nasri … Could it be that is just what AW told him? I mean,he wasn’t playing that well prior to his transfer was he?

123. AFC says:

Gerry, I do not know if you can read this.

The first part of my post was rumours because I was trying to show Rosicky is a wanted man and all transfer speculation are rumours but there could be some truth to it. For example Everton wanting Rosicky is a rumour but you could see the truth in it as Moyles needs Rosicky type player but cannot pay top dollar so him trying to get Rosicky in January for a cheap deal could seem true. Nearly everything is football nowadays is speculation and rumours. I hope you get my point. The main point of my post was to get peoples views on whether Rosicky will leave Arsenal or remain at Arsenal based on factors such as transfer specualtion, lack of playing time, Wenger normally selling players at Rosicky’s age etc.

TA – You are missing a trick here. I mention that Kiwi’s are so uptight about their sex lives that they can only say ‘six lives’ ha ha .. and up pops a Kiwi …

Hi JBC. Welcome aboard, and I agree with your analysis.

So follow my example from countries around the world and you never know what riches you will find?

125. AFC says:

Gerry, please feel free to talk to me about an queries regarding my post. πŸ™‚

126. AFC says:

* any

Yes AFC, I am still here. And yes, I did move on swiftly to your main point, and in my opinion, both he and Sagna add more to the club than can be counted in Β£Xm onthe balance sheet. Indeed, JBC’s point also.

The playing time issue I suspect is less of an issue, provided that the rotation is done on merit. JBC made the point that you pay the top players money, not quite in the obscene was Man City do, so they are happy to take their pay on or off the bench. With the pair above it is not the money that will keep them happy for alternate games, but rather seeing, and being part of a successful Arsenal team.

However, I do think AW is trying to haggle down Sagna’s contract because of a diminishing player return over the length of the contract. It is impossible to say just how much less of an impact he has over time, but unfortunately the blip on Saturday led to the goal, so it doesn’t aid his cause? But that isn’t to say the next time he will not have a blinder and provide a couple of assists?

What AW is weighing up, is the players we have, plus new players who will makes us truly competitive for the next couple of seasons at least, as our youngsters develop for the future. Some say only two or three, others more. If it is, say just the three, but are top drawer, ready to make an impact players, I do not see the necessity to sell either? Top players generate more money in shirt sales and general merchandise to easily off-set the lack of cheap sales of players who can still do a job when called upon?

Sorry, I am a slow typer on a sticky keyboard.

Back around 5-ish Got to feed the dogs now.

129. AFC says:

Gerry, if I was manager I would turn Sagna into a CB and buy a new experienced Monreal type RB and keep Sagna and Rosicky. Only thing is I do not see Wenger keeping Sagna and Rosicky to they retire so he if he does not plan to he might as well sell them now. Once you keep an player around the age of Sagna and Rosicky you have to be there in the long run even during their decline. I do not think Wenger wants to be with sagna and Rosicky in the long run.

130. glic says:

Where`s that Total Van Outalldayleavinghissiteunattendedstein ?.

I have a comment awaiting moderation since 11:30 and is my UMF predictions, but as per usual done in my own unique way, so pull yoor finger out of the dyke !.

A pretty please can you post it at a new later time !. Thanks Butch Never regions gooner . πŸ™‚

131. glic says:

Gerry
    I think your right, Michael is Mario/Bobby/Julian. I also think he`s a Budhist and dies before he can write more than one line and then comes back as another Arsene hating doom and gloomer !. I wonder if he remembers all his previous deaths !. hahaha

132. glic says:

Bloody Hell, another one awaiting moderation @ 15:41 !

cheers Henry, your odds are = 163-1.

Go to the top of the class Sir. Your the best behaved UMF on here, as you get your predictions in early.

GLiC…..the cloggmeister banned me too yesterday………do you think he is trying to tell us something? πŸ˜‰

GLiC, I found Total doing some moonlighting today.

136. Red Arse says:

Looks like a dildo to me!

And the clog looks like The Glic, too! πŸ™‚

Nice post AFC

Going a bit against the grain here, but lets face it Thomas has been a horrible flop. Most of the time hes nusing muscle strains, nearly out for two years on one occasion. Ok, he returned like Lazaraz last season and gave us his best ever spell but overall his form has been inconsistent and for an attacking midfileder with plenty of experience his goal scoring record has for the lack of a better word is shit.

i like him as a bloke and admire his effort but if we are to go forward we need more.

138. Red Arse says:

TMHT, who are you?

And what have you done to our upbeat, player positive Merry Terry? πŸ™‚

139. glic says:

So Total`s Van Hasgofasterstripes is in the garden shed making Klompendildos, then testing them on his chocolate lab !.

140. glic says:

I`m not having that Stretch, your `scope was fully extended on Saturday marvelling at Sick Note`s energy and you even let Vic`s have a butchers and handle of it, trouble was that Vic`s held it the wrong way around and everything looked small !. hahaha

Sorry Redders, have just finnished working on a set of Accounts. Started them at 3 in the morning and have worked all the way through. As ime sure you know, it can have a negative impact on mood. hahaha

I was wondering what that sensation was. Though it would be rude to complain, Especialy since Vics was enjoying himself. hahaha

143. glic says:

Poor sod, his glasses were still misted up, he had your `scope in one hand and my hot dog with creamy mayonaise on it in the other hand, lucky I`ve still got his false teeth here in Cornwall as it could have been painfull !. hahaha

hahaha, thats probably not the only thing that mysteriously misted up. Poor Vics must have thought whats this hardening sensation, i havnt felt this good for 20 years. hahaha

145. Red Arse says:

You two are incorrigible!! πŸ˜€

VCC is big enough to sort the pair of you out — or did I look down the wrong end of the ‘scope, too? πŸ™‚

146. marcus says:

Just stumbled on to a piece of news. Don’t know how credible it is, but I will share it anyway..

147. Red Arse says:

Hi marcus, πŸ™‚

I saw that item, but it has been dismissed by the Italian papers.

Caught Offside get paid for ‘hits’, which is their business, of course, but in my experience they keep churning out ‘rumours’ every transfer window to attract interested fans, and 99% of their rumours are rubbish! πŸ™‚

148. AFC says:

Marcus I have heard of this, but I have jsut read this on wiki.

After signs of interests in the winter transfer window, Jovetic finally agreed to join manchester city from Fiorentina according to his agent on the 2nd April. He will join in the summer for a fee believed to be in the region of Β£18 million + add ons.

Now I do not know what to believe.

149. marcus says:

ooh, I thought so too..looked for evidence in any of the other credible sources and found none..oh well..

150. AFC says:

* just

151. glic says:

AFC
    I hope that wiki one is true if it means we get Isco or Goetze instead !.

152. marcus says:

None of them are. Fiorentina released a statement saying they haven’t agreed any deal for jovetic with anyone. Glic, how would those two solve our striker problem? Jovetic is what we need right now because most of all he’d bring goals..

153. AFC says:

Marcus, when was this statement released?

154. glic says:

Marcus my friend, I have no idea about tactics, remember I`m the one who comes out with all the crap on here !. hahaha
    But seeing as you`ve been so kind to ask , I will give it a try !.
    First of all , If we were lucky enough to get both Isco and Goetze, then I`m coming out of the closet and you can forget about their fee plus add ons, it will be strap – ons !. hahaha

I take it you mean either one though and not aquiring both !. I`m sure Goetze could play in the ” Hole ” and be the missing link and Isco would be better than anything we`ve got now on Left !.
    It would also be Wengers nice problem to sort out , as either of these two players would only strengthen our squad and thats not even talking about the frenzy it would cause amongst us stalkers !. hahaha

155. glic says:

PS

Forgot to say , the goals would be shared around like they are this season, only Manure have scored more goals than us ( we are tied with Chavs ) !.

156. marcus says:

hahahaha glic..you crack me up mate…but wouldn’t it be better if we got jovetic and Isco or gotze?

Evening fine fellow Gooners πŸ™‚

Had a great day at the Imperial War Museum in Duxford. One of the guides allowed me to have a look under the blackbird – fastest, and highest horizontally flown, plane ever! Saw a B52, Lancaster Bomber, Vulcan, Concorde and my more planes and ‘war birds’. If this is your sort of thing, you should go there and take your family! You won’t regret it. πŸ™‚

158. Highbury Harmony says:

Both Isco and Gotze have looked like crap from what I’ve seen so far. Gotze playing wide left is a bad sign for him. Isco’s dived and often looks like he feels entitled to the ball and throws a fit when he doesn’t get it and walks around holding his hands in the air.

We have enough of those players already.

159. Highbury Harmony says:

Gotze moving back centrally now

160. glic says:

Yes Marcus, I`ll settle for that !. πŸ™‚

161. Highbury Harmony says:

Anyone else have any thoughts to share about Isco/Gotze in this game so far?

162. glic says:

So Totes is back, sod the planes , sort my ” awaiting moderations ” out, before I send a Focke-Wulf around, you fokker !. hahaha

163. glic says:

Sorry HH, I only managed to get a stream with about 20 minutes left in the 1st half and it`s a bit hazy when I enlarge it on screen, but the 20 mins I saw were very open and exciting !.

Lads, dont get your hopes up. Wenger wont buy any of these players.

My source at the club reckons Arsene is after a striker called “Lee Van Klit”, who plys his trade in the American second division for Spag Westerners.

Apparently Klit has a fantastic shot on him, scoring goals from all distance and angles, Been of Dutch origin and playing in the yankee league maybe TA or Redders can shed more light on this.

The bad thing about Klit is that hes a known mercenery and is know as “Bounter Hunter” back in his homeland and also has a reputation of never passing, just shooting on sight and then nicking everyones money.

ive been there TA. Great place. Those B52 Bombers are massive war machines.

TA, what do you know about this Klit geezer?

Terry, GLiC knows more about that Klitoris

166. Highbury Harmony says:

I heard Glic had trouble finding the Klit

167. Highbury Harmony says:

Gotze should have scored two by now, looks better than Isco so far in this game

168. Highbury Harmony says:

TA, I was thinking maybe next week for the article I sent you? I feel as though you have a ton in the pipeline!

Hi HH, I will get back to you in a bit. πŸ™‚

170. Highbury Harmony says:

Poor showing from Isco today, hopefully he has a better showing in two weeks

171. Highbury Harmony says:

next week*

172. glic says:

Vic`s.
    My UMF predictions have now been released and are @ 11:30 am today !.

As for Isco and Gotze, nothing`s changed my mind, buy both !. I only saw the 2nd half apart from 20 mins in the 1st half. Isco has the ability to beat defenders and had a great shot saved. Gotze was more prominent and had at least 3 good chances and always looked a threat imo and is quicker than I previously thought, imo would make a great in the ” Hole ” player. Compared to Jovetic against England , Gotze looked much the better player and that was from a so called average performance !. I will be disappointed if we dont get Gotze and get Jovetic instead, Gotze is miles better, but dont froth at the mouth Total Van Rottenklompendildostein and Hampton Harmony as it`s only an opinion !. hahahaha

173. glic says:

Right off to spend some time with the missus and ask who or what the f**k is this Lee Van Klit geezer !. Night Joveticklers . πŸ˜†

Glic, your comments should show now.

And I would have Jovetic over Gotze lives in Cornwall any day! Jovetics all the boxes! πŸ˜›

New Post New Post! πŸ™‚