Time to stand up and be counted: Match Preview & Line-Up

Would it not be sweet if Aaron were to score once again the winner against the Mancs?

Let’s show the grey-haired broody woman with the boy inside what class means! + Line- Up

We have spoken enough about our match against the Mancs over – the last few days, so this pre-match will be short and sweet.

I have no doubt that our team will be really up for this and we’ll see a tremendous progress from when we played MU last. Arsenal have gone through a long, and often painful, transition but there are strong signs that our current crop of players are getting it together now. We are nowhere near the sort of football that Wenger wants us to play but the foundations of a good team have become clearly visible. And these are mostly reflected in  my predicted line-up for today’s game:

1. A settled back-four with good back-up as well;
  2. A goalkeeper who appears to have re-established himself;
  3. A solid and safe anchor in our double DM positions which includes our new captain;
  4. A choice of three in the pivotal role of advanced AM – Jack, Tomas, Santi;
  5. An attacking formation based around Giroud in the centre with freedom for the ‘wingers’ to move around the pitch;
  6. A more conservative style of play with seven players mainly focussing on defending and possession of the ball, and four predominantly concentrating on bringing home the bacon.

There should be no doubt that Bould and Wenger will build further on the above during the summer, in order to get us back to Wengerball again, for which further quality will have to be added as well. The basis is looking a lot better than when we played the Mancs last time, and I reckon this will show today.

There are so many things to look forward to today.

How will Nacho and Cazorla – I reckon they will start on the left today – cope against the strongest opposition in  the PL? How will the ‘fluid-three’ up-front work? Or will Pod play in the Giroud role and stay centrally? Will Theo finally have a good game again and show us all what he is capable of – might he even start in the middle today? How will Aaron and Mikel cope in the double DM-anchor against the Mancs, and will the Mancs target Arteta as our ‘weakest’ link again? How will the back-four cope with the Mancs’ versatile attackers? Will Szczesny have a top game today? How will the Pod deal with the added pressure of being the ‘main man’ today? Will we be able to dominate the game and play our passing game? Etc, etc.

Well, whatever the outcome of the game, let’s hope the boys really, really fight for this one and give everything they got. Once the whistle blows there will be no respect for the Mancs and we’ll fight them on every inch of the pitch. We need three points, we need a top performance of all eleven players, we need to restore some pride, and we need us, the supporters, to give their all in standing behind the team today.

Let’s show the grey-haired broody woman with the boy inside what he deserted last summer!

Predicted Line-Up:

Arsenal v Mancs

COME ON YOU RIP ROARING GUNNERS!

Written by: TotalArsenal.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

155 Responses to Time to stand up and be counted: Match Preview & Line-Up

1. Klaus Stein says:

Gervinho and Walcott seems the best bet – to lose. TW’s form is absolute crap, and his decision-making questinable still. Gervinho has so many sitters and blunders like no one else in the EPL, and that’s last we need against ManU if we manage to get a ball right last third. TW lucky on the bench, and only cos keeping one more attacking option if nothing else works. Cazorla on the left, Ox on the right, Podolski as central striker and I bet he doesn’t disappoint there. That makes midfield selection easier. Rosicky, Wilshere, Ramsey – yes, Arteta on the bench for the latter part of the game provided we manage to score first since in this case gergie’s gameplan of fast counters doesn’t work anymore. For the back, i can’t care less, they will leak anyway.

2. kaboom says:

ideal scenario is, Jack score the winner and exchange jersey with RvP.
    unlikely, but ffs spurs just dropped 2 points and arsenal need to capitalise on this.

3. Glic says:

Thanks Totes.

Obviously the boy was inside him trying to impregnate the Kuntz !.

That seems the obvious team to me, maybe Gibbs instead of Nacho.
    However, I`d like us to be inventive and drop Arteta and Walcott. Drop Jack into Arteta`s position, Santi into Jacks position and bring in Ox and Gerv` on the wing`s. Play this team Arsene and I guarantee to give Stretch his 5-0.

As I like to be impartial, I will give you the interview on talkSPORT about Jovetic.

4. Red Arse says:

‘The grey haired, broody woman, with the boy inside’ is wicked, and vaguely rude ……………….. and I love it!!! 🙂

Badger Persie. 😀

Another excellent Post from the master!!! 🙂

5. alexgunners says:

Squeaky Bum Time.

We need to make this game count one way or another. The lucky spuds managed to get a draw and we need to stay ahead of them.

TA, As you said, short and sweet today as a pre match post. That’s all that’s needed as we have gone through this match a fair bit. Still and interesting read. We are in a lot better position than when we played them earlier in the season. We need to play with pride and passion and leave it all out on the field.

I would like to see the OX come in and give them trouble with his pace and skill set. This will only be effective if we use the wings appropriately. I believe that we will give them a good run today and I see us taking all 3 points today (fingers crossed).

I would like to see Sagna tackle the ReallyVilePrick and snap his leg in 3 places. Welcome back to the Emirates you skunk.

Yes TA, I am a sour prick when it comes to the little boy that gets tampered with by Ferguson with Rooney watching in the corner.

6. Red Arse says:

Tricky Glicy, you certainly made some great comments on the last Post, and you are proving a real, unsung pro in your own right!

Of course when I say ‘pro’ …………………………….. 🙂

7. Dylan says:

This game is going to be won by the team who shows the most heart. Therefore I’m going to pick our lineup with the most heart. So: Szcz, Jenks, BFG, Koz, Nacho, Ramsey, Arteta, Jack, Santi, Poldi, Ox. I feel that every player in this side will fight for every ball, every inch of space, and every bit of pride until they collapse. That is what we need today. We need the boys to go out there and show some real desire. We have to play our game to the best of our ability, fight for everything, be aggressive but smart, and embarrass the pedophilic broody old woman with a small boy inside her.
    😉
    Come on you gunners!
    🙂

8. Glic says:

I think this game is going to be won by the team that scores most goals !.

That will teach Redders, saying I make some great comments. I prefer the stupid one`s !. hahaha

9. TERRYS BROLLY says:

Nice post TA. The only change i would make to your line up is Gibbs for Nacho.

We will win today. Why? because were a better than them. A flukey league title cuts no ice with me, we are better. Next time you meet a Utd fan insist we are still the better side. They love it.

I must take exception to the little boy references. It is common knowledge that Van like Man, not boy.

On a night out he has been spotted many times wearing his Leather biker boots, black vest, and Confederacy Cap. Indeed my sources tell me that the deal to Utd was almost scuppered through Van Likes Man’s fear that there wasnt enough YMCA type night life to cater to his needs, but at the last minute Rio Ferdi-likeman interceeded and assured him that he would take his butt to all the right places.

Arsenal 5-0. Let them know this is the score you expect, bcause were better. They love it. hahaha

10. Glic says:

I know Stretch doesn`t like the TW talk, but, I feel I need something to take my mind of todays game as I`m a nervous wreck !. So here`s some crap !. Stretch, you can click onto the naked ladies instead !. hahaha

11. alexgunners says:

GLIC,

I have seen these posts pop up in the last hour or so.
    As much as I would love to see that happen. I would only believe it when i see it on Arsenal.com or hear it from his mouth.
    Barca do not need him and are just a bunch of wankers who unsettled our team with all their DNA BS talk. I was quite happy to see Bayern smack them around the park. Karma is a bitch and so is Barca

12. Josh says:

the last game at OT was painful to watch. It was like a dying donkey minus the kicks. I`d hate to see that today. Up the Gunners!!!!!

13. Glic says:

Hi alex 🙂

Karma would be Rectum Vile Penisbreath on a Emirates medical treatment table in the first few seconds ( if he plays )….or maybe that’s would just be irony !.

14. Josh says:

by the way I wouldn`t mind more than one goal. You`ll forever remember your first girlfriend Van P*$$y.

15. alexgunners says:

Hey Glic,

Call it Karma or Irony. regardless it would be great.

16. Glic says:

alex
    I would prefer the sarcasm of Wenger walking past him on the treatment table and saying…….” Nice to see you have made yourself at home again Robin ! “.

Go on son, you can do it again! 🙂

Hi Klaus,

Interesting team selection there but nah, cannot see that happen. Arteta is a certainty and Theo is also very likely to play.

kaboom,

Would be great if Jack did a ‘Koeman’ with vJ’s shirt: have a dump and wipe his arsenal with it! 😛

GLic 🙂

Really like that team: Gerv and Ox on the wings would be bliss.

Cheers Redders 🙂

I love Wenger’s description of VJ: a broody woman hahaha 😛

22. Admir says:

Hello, people!

TA – The Annual Award For The Punniest Sentence In 2013 goes to you. 😀

It could be an ugly game as we must win and we are playing against the team that we have rarely beaten in the last few years even when their currently best player was in our line-up.

We’ll have to be careful when it comes to defending over flanks as United have the strongest flanks in England. Rafael and Valencia on the right will be a real challenge for our left side of defense. United midfield has been surprisingly good this season with re-born Michael Carrick in starring role. However, despite the fact we should have had an advantage in that department in reverse fixture, Ferguson found the way to nullify it by marking Arteta with Rooney.

Another thing that we should avoid are United attacking set-pieces. They have been very, very dangerous from corners and indirect free-kicks, mostly thanks to Wenger’s decision to sell them Van Judas, and without Giroud we might have a lack of height in front of our goal. Therefore, we should do our best to avoid all those stupid fouls at our half.

Refereeing helped Red Devils as well as Cleverley deserved second yellow card as well as Wilshere did but only one of them received it (guess which player) so we should be prepared for that sort of advantage for United side. Therefore, all talks with referees should be forgotten.

Our attack will be a puzzle for us as well for our opponents. With Podolski in central role we might have directness and ability to endanger De Gea from outside the box but we’ll lack Giroud in aerial duels in front of their goal as well.

Ramsey scored a winner last time when we won so I’d say 2:1 for us (Ramsey 25th minute, Podolski 64th minute – Van Judas 34th minute).

Alex 🙂

Ox is ready to rock, but I reckon as a sub.

I don’t expect VJ to even be on the bench today. I don’t wish him a leg break, though. Just a total humiliation would be great: a couple of own goals/ red card?! But he won’t play, I reckon.

Dylan

I like your description and choices for ‘heart’ players. But we also need a goalscoring edge, and I feel Theo will be on the scoresheet today.

25. alexgunners says:

Admir,

If that is the score you are offering, i will take that now

Terry 🙂

‘Because we are better’ Love it. If we win I will use it in the post match report. 😛

Cheers Admir 🙂

All agreed on missing Giroud today, but let’s see what Wenger will do to compensate for it.

Admir, Marcus, Redders 🙂

Many thanks for the new posts. We will have some good and varied discussions on BK this week! 🙂

Very anxious about this one today and I wonder about the initial assumption that we will come out with full commitment and motivation. There’s just something about the situation: the honour guard, the return of the player we nurtured who then turned his back upon us, the home crowd (A-level tickets….), etc., etc., You would think the players would know that a bit of fight would go a long way against a United team that is only motivated by something as banal as a “points total.” But what exactly is our motivation? Again, a CL spot IS important for the club, but only if the players believe that it signals REAL opportunity….

In terms of line-up I think we need 14-16 players today to know that IF they get on the pitch they need to give it a real go. The first 11, I think, pick themselves. Poldolski and Walcott, our two highest paid players, must start. Santi will ostensably start wide left but will certainly play as a 4th midfielder alongside Jack and the two guys doing the job of one (Ramsey, Arteta). Nacho and Gibbs (the only question in my mind….) might both play (one as a sub) if we can stake ourselves to a lead. The keeper and remainder of the defense seems obvious. We’ve put ourselves into quite a pickle with a Captain who cannot play (at all) and our “big” signing from two years ago (Gervinho) who inspires hostility from the home crowd. The Ox might see a cameo as a sub so that he can run “at people” (and then dive?), but he needs more to his game if he wants to be first 11 in the future….

With a bit of spirit it’s a match that could (italics) show us a way forward, but it could just as easily be a demonstration of the depth of the malaise. And, worst of all, a lot of it seems to depend on whether we see a strong (and motivated) first 11 from United…. (How will SAF use RvP? It’s a big question mark….) Fingers crossed that the planets line-up and that things bounce our way….

Hi 17HT 🙂

The initial assumption will be spot on: the boys will do us proud in terms of desire and focus, no doubt about that in my mind.

I hope you’re right, TA and I admire your faith….(Obviously mine comes and goes…..) That’s why you are qualified to run the blog….

Nervous as I am, I’m still getting lulled back to sleep by QPR and Reading both getting relegated with a nil-nil and Chelsea-Swansea playing tech-ball at the Bridge….

Maybe the 2nd espresso will help get me ready…..

Where are AFC, PPP, HH, Richie, Gerry? Come out and play guys! 😀

17HT

You are right to have doubt and maybe I should prepare myself for disappointment. Another coffee is a good idea! 🙂

What is the weather like in Lake Tahoe area?

OOoooooooooh the twat starts:

Arsenal Team
    Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski

Subs: Mannone, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Monreal, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gervinho

Man Utd Team
    De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Rio, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Jones, Nani, Rooney, RVP

Subs: Lindegaard, Anderson, Giggs, Hernandez, Cleverley, Kagawa, Buttner.

35. Glic says:

I know it means nothing, but imo our bench looks stronger than theirs !.

The weather here is fantastic, warm and sunny….Cold enough overnight to do a bit of Spring skiing–if you’re willing to hike to it….

Strong United line-up….Interesting that we’re going with Rosicky (I like it!) and Gibbs over Nacho. Still scoreless at the Bridge….

37. Glic says:

They could have a worse line up than ours , but because they always play to a strong regimented disciplined system and fear of their manager they will always be a tough nut to crack !..Kuntz !.

I don’t want to parrot the pundits, but QPR going down with hardly a whimper is a depressing indictment on the modern, big money game. Do all those players (not to mention ‘Arry….) think that some big club will come in for them?…. I guess playing the Championship circuit goes down easier if your weekly salary is large enough….

39. alexgunners says:

you are too nice. Twat is too nice a word for that C#@T

I was thinking of Glic, actually….that Peter Odemwingie guy drove the Birmingham to London route pretty well back in January….Perhaps that’s the sort of motivation QPR was lacking….

41. Glic says:

I bet the Manu supporters love playing in London, just a quick Bus or Tube train away from home, glory hunting Kuntz !.

42. Glic says:

alex

What time is it in your Aussie part of the world ?.

43. alexgunners says:

It is 12.39 am, meaning game will finish at 3. followed by 3 hours sleep and off to work

44. Glic says:

Twenty minutes and I will be in total media lockdown !. I cant stand the tension and stress !.

45. Glic says:

F**k that !. I`d take the day off !. Then again, if we win, your adrenalin will keep you awake ! hahaha

46. alexgunners says:

Glic,
    You are spot on, When we win i dont mind the lack of sleep
    but when we lose, the guys that work for me know straightaway as I step out of my house in the shittiest of mood

arrgghhh, cant believe ime not at the game. Sacraficed my ticket so my brother could take my nephew. The little shit dosnt deserve it, i do. It should be me at the game, not him.

I am not a nasty or bitter person, but its should be me not him. the little shit. hahaha

48. Glic says:

Not as bad as me alex, I want to slap someone if we draw !. A loss is murdering someone then slitting my wrists !. hahaha

This is a tough moment for Arsenal….We sold the title (or at least “title insurance”….) to United. It was probably “good business,” but who does that keep warm?….

The desire we show today will be essential to demonstrate that we are more than just a business. We need to show that the “collective” can absorb the RVP issue and move upward and onward towards better days….Overall, a pretty big task, I think…..At least our boys here have got it right….

F**k….Chelsea score two quick ones before half time vs Swansea….

50. alexgunners says:

Glic,

We are not that different then. lets make sure we are never at a game together where we lose

51. Glic says:

That’s shocking Stretch. Hope you can get a live stream on your micro-wave !. hahaha

52. Glic says:

It`s the League Cup factor 17ht. Whoever wins it plays shit for the rest of the season !.

Cornwall, if things dont go well, i will be stciking my head in the micro wave hahaha

54. Glic says:

Hahaha alex. We would be hugging each other before kick-off and strangling each other at the final whistle !. hahaha

55. alexgunners says:

Glic,

I was thinking that we would be strangling others rather than each other.

Agreed Glic, Swans beating us and then winning the CoC has them playing all cute and technical….

As geez, “guard of honour” happening….

57. oz gunner says:

boooooooooooooooooooooooooo

boooooooooooooooooooooooooo

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

58. alexgunners says:

GUARD OF HONOUR MY FU#$@NG ASS. WANKERS

59. alexgunners says:

A timely welcome OZ

60. Glic says:

Make that a pub full of Spuds then !. hahaha

61. alexgunners says:

Glic,

Now you are talking

62. Glic says:

Right, 60 seconds to get behind the sofa, enjoy the game lads !.

63. oz gunner says:

afternoon gents, morning Alex

Not missing this one, if BSR scores, I bid farewell. I’ve been secretly working on a weapon of mass destruction for this very moment. We lose…Earth explodes (hope your shag pad is bomb proof GLIC)

64. alexgunners says:

Morning OZ,

FUCK YEAAAAAAHHHHH

We have kickoff! Sounds like good atmosphere….Podz as you’re (ostensible) center forward….

United starting with Jones in MF shows a bit of a defense-first mindset?

THEOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Theo was offside…What a run-on and pass from Sicky!!!!!

67. oz gunner says:

get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in your face BSR.

Rosicky…I DO!!!

RVP giveaway started the move for the goal….

C’mon Santi, settle down….

Big tackle there from Kos!!!

69. alexgunners says:

Go Santi

Arsenal tackling hard (and late) while United don’t seem up for the fight….Early days, however…..

Santi, nice shot from distance notwithstanding, seems to be expecting more runs from his mates….

RVP into Row Z…..

71. oz gunner says:

loving this new vigour from Arsenal!

haha well played dowd you sod!

Oz, Alex: Looks like just us not hiding behind the couch….Jones with a late one gets yellow…..Theo wastes the FK….

De Gea looking SCSZ scared….RVP doing better passing the ball, Jones wide….

73. alexgunners says:

17ht,

I will not relax until we are 5-0 up against these bastards, but youre right, no one else around

C’mon Aaron…simple pass there….

Theo maybe should drop that back for Lu-lu….

Oh Santi, how could ya…Corner, at least….

Alex, we’re pressing hard in MF and we want that second goal…I like how we’re keeping our shape, however—looks like defense first….

Jones is more or less matching Ramsey in terms of technical ability….

Sicky is everywhere….and draws a yellow on Rafael…..

77. alexgunners says:

We are definitely looking better and the MF is showing a sense of urgency lets just keep it that way

I wish we could stop the simple mistakes (Theo….)

RVP takes out Mert! Yellow for the mother-fucker….

Just a bit of composure up top and we could get a 2nd….

Evans in the book….and some Argy-Bargy!!

79. alexgunners says:

There will be one or two red cards in this game

Theo sooooo open….C’mon Aaron….

81. alexgunners says:

that was the perfect opportunity for our second

Nice defense from Mert on Nani….Sicky maybe should try to get the ball onto his right foot…..

83. alexgunners says:

what a save

Face-save from SCSZ!!!

Mert sold himself out in MF to allow the break….We need just a hair more discipline….(or a 2nd goal…)

Sagna does just enough to stop Jones’ header….They’re beating us on the flanks….

Sagna called for a pen….(after the giveaway)….FUCK!!!

87. alexgunners says:

what an idiotic challenge by Sagna
    all our hard work undone

88. alexgunners says:

Who the F@#k is that Pro ManUre commentator. Im sure he is wearing their top under his shirt

89. oz gunner says:

that was pathetic, poor pass back and poor tackle. It’s great knowing we’ve handed him 2 goals this season on a platter

90. alexgunners says:

so true oz

Not sure it was such a bad challenge….he just needed to get more of the ball and he missed. Still, the angle was such that he could’ve backed off…

Our simple mistakes and some poor decisions mean that we’re level instead of up a goal (or more)….Poldoski looks like running isn’t easy…..

92. alexgunners says:

as always, we work so hard for our goals and we just seem to make it easy for the opposition

93. oz gunner says:

Agree 17, i think Pod needs an ankle cleanup at seasons end and we’ve just managed him through the year.

The tackle was poor, BSR wasn’t doing anywhere all he needed to do was lay on some pressure. It was very stupid

Kos and Sicky look quick in the tackle and their work should have us up….I’m a Sagna apologist but I can see why he went for the tackle. RVP (like any good forward) is playing for the pen all the way….so he should have backed off

Where’s HH?….I like Poldolski but he looks like he cannot run….I think we’re missing Giroud and Santi looked a little nervous from the atmosphere, etc. If he can settle down I think we can get the couple of goals we’re gonna need…..

Agree completely, that a pen was exactly what we didn’t need….

Hi guys

Had to pick my daughter up, so only managed to listen to the radio. Read the comments now and all to play for in 2nd half. No Jack – I am really surprised about that.

COYGunners!

96. alexgunners says:

Podolski is surely struggling. What we need is to make every opportunity count. There has been too many poor passes going forward. In the end we could have been ahead by 2 or more. Rosicky is looking lively, i just hope that he doesnt run out of legs and Ramsey needs to control his passing.

97. Admir says:

I have to point out that we are being killed via our right side of defense due to non-existing Theo’s defensive skills and Sagna’s poor form.

Sagna should be either used as central defender next season or sold and replaced with another right full-back. It’s not just this mistake that he made (after all, it was him who messed up just before Sczszesny pulled off that face-save), it’s his whole season.

Rosicky was the best on the pitch so far.

Gervinho or Ox instead of Podolski.

OK, got my wife her cap(puccino)….

Rooney is just standing around and Jones (as AFC told me he would….) has bungled some chances. They have, however, withstood the emotion we brought out and find themselves level….

For me, Poldolski looks unfit while Santi looks nervy. Ramsey (of course) works hard but his skills and eyes let him down at the crucial moment….We just lack that ability to settle things calmly and make our touches count….

Still, I think our best bet is to re-new the commitment and keep our fingers crossed….

99. alexgunners says:

So close by Rosicky, COYG, keep it up

Sicky, all right foot….not bad on the break and Ramsey got the ball back to him….Sagna got the key heel on the ball as Nani shaped to shoot….

Ramsey from distance? Sicky with the outside of his right foot? We might need some additional options if we hope for all 3 points today….

102. Red Arse says:

A really good effort by all the guys, except …………………….. and this may be disappointment speaking;

Sagna can only pass backwards, and cannot cross …………. and he is not too clever at passing back either, it seems.

Walcott the speed merchant prefers not to run, but to keep laying the ball off.

What a cross from RVP—Wow. Good player….

Crowd’s gone quiet. We need to do something to wake everybody up….

104. Admir says:

Jenkinson should enter the pitch instead of Sagna. Wilshere in for either Cazorla or Ramsey. Oxlade-Chamberlain in for Podolski.

I have to say, this doesn’t seem good…Our two pronged approach to replacing RvP seems to be failing. Lulu is hurt and Giroud is out (and not good enough)…..

That was a nice pass from Ramsey…Or at least the first one was….

Poldolski playing in MF because he’s too gassed to get forward….

Changes are needed, and quick…..Why wait for them to score their 2nd? Mert in the right place at the right time, but how long can we live like that?

107. alexgunners says:

guys, ill catch up with u 2moro. my notebook is about to die
    COYG

108. Admir says:

Sagna should have been sent off. I can’t understand why Rosicky is coming off.

Sagna avoids his 2nd yellow, but Kos gets his (or not?)….

Jack on, but for Sicky, our brightest player…. We’ve got troubles, my friends….

See you Alex….We need some new life up front….Gerv and the Ox, please….(Desperate measures for these very desperate times….)

Both teams playing as if their seasons are over….

WHIFF from Ramsey, but he gets it back before turning it over….at least he’s still at it….

Everybody else too tired to try?…..

112. Admir says:

The worst part of this game is the fact United seem to play with 80 percent of their ability, we’ve had at least two huge referee decisions in our favour and yet our opponents manage to control the game comfortably.

Wenger must splash a lot of money this summer.

Gervinho for Lu-lu….The proverbial roll of the dice….

A bit of possession but Jones closes down the Ramsey toe poke….

Corner—Sagna touch but Kos over….

114. Admir says:

Cazorla held the ball for too long before passing it to Ramsey. That’s why Jones managed to close down Ramsey.

Wilshere should make a burst through the middle, I don’t see how else we can score a goal here.

Admir,

“Wenger” and “Splash Money” ???

Does not compute….

Gotta sneak this result and keep our CL spot….(somehow….)

Bit of D from Sagna on Evra there….Now how about something the other way?….

116. Admir says:

An anecdote: just before the match I went to bakery shop in order to buy something for my parents and to avoid all guard of honour-thing. In the bar next to bakery shop I’ve heard a bartender yelling: “It’s a goal already!” I entered the bar in my Arsenal shirt to see Walcott scoring a goal. A guy who was chopping some woods and apparently running the bar entered the bar with an axe in his hand and told me: “You can’t enter the bar with that shirt, you see that I’m holding an axe!” only to smile and say: “Ah, who cares, we won the title already.”

Ox for AR16…. Be careful not to tip our cow (or ox, or other bovine)….Valencia crosses have let him down today….

Theo just needs to find a pass after all the good work down the line….Argh….

Nice one Admir….Reminds me that we could really use 3 points today….

119. Admir says:

I have a feeling that Wenger did a bit of Oxlade-Chamberlain-Arshavin mess up when he replaced Rosicky with Wilshere.

Sagna doing his best to compensate for his mistake.

Now dangerous corner…

Look at the space they have!!! Geezus…..

Another grey haired guy coming on….Corner defended, sort of….

Come On!!!!

121. Admir says:

Cazorla finally showed what he has in his right foot. More of this, please.

Well saved shot from Santi…nice layoff from Theo….Mert gets a head on it from the corner…..Argh (again)….

123. Admir says:

And that should have been a penalty for us when Gibbs was fouled. Refereeing in England is such a crap.

Huge let off on the break…..

Where’s the defense?….lucky, lucky Arsenal….

125. Admir says:

This is going to be a heartache-every-moment-final of the match.

126. Admir says:

United did most of their stuff today through our right side of defense.

Kos doing just enough….

Does a point really help us? Last chance saloon here….

128. Admir says:

Well, now our destiny is in the hands of the Chavs. If they win against Spuds, we will have a decent chance for fourth place if we don’t perform our regular “shot-in-the-foot”-routine and do something ugly against QPR, Wigan or Newcastle.

Uh, we are not very good, but that’s not news….At least it’s over and we can move on….

Still counting on Totts and (even more) on Chelsea….

Hopefully it gets no lower than this…..

130. Danny says:

Really poor performance. We looked confused, intimidated, and lacked any clinical instinct going forward. Could’nt decide what was more laughable: our set pieces or United’s crosses.. Game could of gone either way, lucky to grab a point. Really displeased with Sagna… what was he thinking? Still in the hunt though, hopefully we can finish strong.

Agreed, Admir, I think we failed to show that we can really create chances in numbers big enough to outscore these relegation battlers (Wigan, Newcastle). And, weird as everything is with Arry and QPR, I wouldn’t be surprised if they are up for our match….

I love Arsenal and AW and everybody who wears the shirt, still, something seems a bit fermented (if not rotten) within the club. We’re playing unfit guys, confidence is in short supply and we’re barely keeping it all together.

Hopefully it’s all uphill from here, but we need something to spark us….

So, that’s probably Sagna’s ticket to Paris…. For me that’s particularly upsetting as I wear his number and (for big matches) I put in the blonde extensions…. 😀

While Jenks seems a ready made solution I think without better protection from the likes of Theo and more dynamic help from the likes or Arteta, Ramsey and Mert, he’ll suffer similarily. It’s only one part of the pitch where we have issues and I only single it out because Bac has been so good for so long. Maybe like RVP it just gets old over a long enough period….

Nailbiters coming, dependence on Spurs/Chavs and we really couldn’t bring the match to United in front of our home support….

Hmmmm…..

As expected, we struggled with shape and purpose without Giroud. Taking that into account, this is a very good point for us, and hopefully one more than Chelsea will get at Old Toilet. Ooh, and a big thanks to the Latics! 🙂

134. Admir says:

I agree, 17hht, nobody should be expected to perform at right full-back with lack of support from right wing.

I might sound a bit like Piers Morgan but I don’t want to be happy with a single point at home against United. I didn’t think that we won a point against United in 2007-08 when Gallas equalized, I thought we lost two. I think exactly the same despite the quality gap between teams. If Spuds win at Stamford Bridge, we are going to be in all sorts of trouble.

135. Glic says:

Out of our hands again !. 😦

As someone who sits on the fence regarding Giroud, did we miss him today ?. Did Pod play CF ? and if so, was he any better than Giroud ?. Now`s the time to go on a 3 game winning streak !. hahaha

TA, where are your boys? I hope it’s not me driving them away….

There are a few positives to take from this match but I think we really need to hope that this is a nadir….Our quality should (italics) allow us to get all 9 points coming home and keep us in (the better part of) Europe. Still, the issues within the squad (and the club….) run deep. Winning a war of attrition is not a very appealing offering in the “entertainment” sector…..

Anyhow, I’m looking forward to the reasoned thoughts of you and the crew….

137. Fred says:

Unfortunately I couldn’t get back in time for the game, so I listened to it on the radio. The commentator said we were playing too narrowly and our crosses were average at best. Can someone please tell me if this is true because if so we seriously need a new winger, who’s primary position is a winger, I’ve had enough of moving central players onto the wings, if they can’t cross the ball well and drift in too much then it leaves us exposed.

138. Glic says:

True Fred.
    Not only does a proper winger give width, but a decent one will keep the oppo`s FB and winger busy in their own half !. Resurrect George Armstrong and use his DNA to clone a new one !.

Agreed Admir….Piers and the rest of the haters/Wenger out types have plenty to say and we “should” be doing better. A conservative financial plan means we have to overachieve in terms of scouting/buying and in keeping the squad together. IMO, it’s a mixed bag on both fronts….

Unfortunately our buys these past two seasons have only been partially successful. The early, big buys from 2 years ago, Gerv and Ox are the sort we use as subs, with our fingers crossed. Giroud and Poldolski cannot match what we lost with RVP. Santi is a wonder but it’s always a surprise when he gets his shot off. To me, he looked a bit nervous in the early big atmosphere. For all his skill he’s just not quite fast enough nor fit enough to carry the squad and fully replace what we lost with Cesc…. Kos, like Sagna before him, was a classic (great) under-the-radar buy. Then there are the end of window, replacement types….Arteta, Mertesacker and Monreal were ALL good (last-minute) buys but none are going to get us back to the level to which we aspire….which means our “core” of guys like Wilshere, Walcott, Ramsey and SCSZ (not to mention Vermaelen….) need to step into the realm of true class and quality. Wilshere, if he can stay healthy looks the part (and so does SCSZ, I think) but the rest?….

So scrap ’em all and buy big?—Never gonna happen, so instead we need to hope that we keep our boys together and (somehow) improve…. These next three matches are a huge test of squad togetherness and we could look better as individuals if we look better as a team. It’s all to play for, but (like Piers and the rest would say) maybe we shouldn’t have to…..

140. Fred says:

That’s exactly what I think, but whilst it is true that fluidity does have its advantages, look at chelsea, they have 2 wingers in Mata and Hazard who both drift in yet they manage to keep their shape. A top quality winger should be a must for arsenal if the case is that we can’t cross and end up playing narrowly. There are many good quality wingers out there who we could easily bring in.

141. Glic says:

Isco on one wing and Muniain on the other will give us wings and quite frankly would give me a boner !. hahaha

142. Fred says:

Hahaha, I agree with you on Muniain but I think Isco is a bit too similar to Cazorla, and with the likes of Gnabry and Myachi coming through I think we should sign a more experienced Winger in addition to Munian, Jesus Navas would be perfect if he can get over the homesickness problems or possibly Michel Bastos. The later would not be an outstanding signing but would be significantly better than any other wingers we have.

143. Glic says:

Yes, I heard Jesus suffers from a bit of homesickness, not sure how far away Nazareth is though !. hahaha
    Don’t know anything about Bastos, I will have to have a look on you tube !.

144. Fred says:

Bastos also apparently has a pretty vicious shot on him for a winger he’s hit a free kick at around 150km/hour into the top corner, I would only go for him if Jesus Navas didn’t want to come because he was too far away from Nazareth.

145. Glic says:

Just had a look on youtube and most are about Bastos`s shooting ability which is quite impressive , but cant find much about his skill. He does take a wicked fee kick !.

146. Fred says:

Another good young winger, however, as I said earlier I think we need one young one and one experienced one so I’m afriad for me it would be either him or Muniain.

147. Fred says:

In short if Wenger does chose to turn to buying young players there are a lot of young players that could easily slot into our first team at the moment these include:

1. Muniain (winger) – 16.5m
    2. Isco (Winger/AM) – 25m
    3.Camacho (DM) – 8m
    4. Deulofeu (Winger/CF) – 12m
    5. Schrulle (Winger/CF) – 20m

And there are many others that could be bought to add strength in depth such as El Shaarawy, Sakho, Jovetic, Matip and Ter Stagen to name a few.

I am not saying that these are players that we should buy, as I think that we should look to getting some experienced players in but these are all very good young players and could easily fit into or challenge for places in our starting XI. And I think that todays game has highlighted the need for some Wingers and any of the above would be a significant improvement on our current crop of Wingers and are natural Wingers, not CF’s or AM’s moved onto the wings.

148. Red Arse says:

Fred, I like the way you think!

You show that there are plenty of fish in the sea — and players too! 🙂

Fred, agreed with Redders. Some fine comments tonight. 🙂

150. Fred says:

I know, it seems pretty crazy that we have such gaping problems in our game, personally what I’d like to see is a very busy TW, as I said today has demonstrated our problems on the wings, which is why I think we need two Wingers, a striker, and our well documented lack of steel in midfield so a beast DM whether box to box or a deep lying Midfielder are a must. I know that that would be impossible to get experienced players with the rumoured 70m but there are a lot of top quality young players out there that would be bargains. However, I think Michel Bastos could be a very good signing, experienced winger on either flank and should cost no more than 7m. And camacho would be a good deep lying midfielder, both of which including wages and signing on fees should cost no more than 20m, and solves two of our weaknesses.

151. Admir says:

PFA picked the best eleven in Premiership this season.

De Gea-Zabaleta, Ferdinand, Vertonghen, Baines-Carrick-Hazard, Mata, Bale-Suarez, Van Judas.

No Arsenal players. :/

152. Fred says:

Admir, I’d like to say I am surprised at that but unfortunately I am not, the only player in my opinion who was in with a shout of it has been Cazorla and he’s been a little off the boil recently

Admir 21:09