Five Reasons Higuain should join Arsenal this summer

Higuain: in order to shine properly, he needs to find the right podium.

Higuain: in order to shine properly, he needs to find the right podium.

We have discussed in various posts what Higuain has to offer to Arsenal, but why should he choose for us? Here are five excellent reasons:

1. Arsenal are going places again. It is a great time to join Arsenal now, as any proper agent who looks into the club’s current financial and strategic position will tell him. We are perfectly positioned to make the final step towards winning silverware and become a force in the UK and Europe again, and I am sure Arsene and Gazidis will have been working hard to put this message across to him. Recent comments by the latter regarding our ability to spend big now, and Arsene to sign a new contract soon, were most probably meant to convince our transfer targets that the club is going places again.
  2. Higuain clearly wants to have a pivotal role in a team. Despite all his talent and many fine performances for RM, he is yet to move away from the periphery to the very core of the team. He has had enough of that now and wants a central role at a big club. He will have to compete with Giroud for this and the Frenchman won’t make it as easy as many believe it would be for the Argentinean. But with hard work and dedication, his superior technical and finishing skills should make him top dog in our attack. On top of all of that, Arsenal can play the sort of football in which Higuain will get great service and is able to shine properly. With the likes of Cazorla, Wilshere, Theo, Rosicky and Pod – and maybe one of Cesc, Jovetic or Rooney as well – on the pitch, he will get Michelin Star service, and who would not want to be on the receiving end of that?!
  3. He will find three fellow ‘Spanish mother tongue’ speakers at Arsenal: Nacho, Zorro and Santi (and maybe Cesc if our dream is to come to full fruition!). This will help him tremendously with settling into the team and not feeling isolated on the pitch too much. At Arsenal, as at any proper team, effective link-up play and getting towards telepathic on-field relationships are prerequisites for successful football; and for that, good communication between the players is paramount. Having fellow Spanish speakers on the pitch is therefore a big bonus, and not something many (if any) non-Spanish clubs can offer.
  4. Robben and Sneijder left RM and became very successful. The Dutchmen were unceremoniously pushed aside by the club through an act of sheer desperation to kick Barcelona of its throne, by buying Ronaldo, Benzema, Alonso, Kaka during one crazy summer in 2009. Los Blancos failed to dislodge the reviled Catalonians, despite all the hundreds of million Euros they spent, but Sneijder and Robben have been able to win top silverware in the meantime. Leaving RM, especially when you are not part of the core of the team, can be the best thing to do, and Arsenal are just the club to do a ‘Sneijder-Robben’ on RM.
  5. Gaucho at Canary Wharf serves up some awesome Argentinian steaks! Joining Arsenal in London would definitely not be a misteak! 😛

So, there is every reason for the France born Argentinean to join the French-Spanish-Anglo Gunners at Arsenal. You won’t regret it Gonzalo the (almost) Gunner! 😉

Written by: TotalArsenal.

34 Responses to Five Reasons Higuain should join Arsenal this summer

1. Fred says:

Hi guys, its been a lont time since I last posted but as it’s my day off today and you guys know how much Higuain is a player I have wanted Arsenal to buy for a while I thought that I would voice my opinion.

Has any one considered Higuain and Giroud playing up front together? Could prove to be a deadly combo. Here is one of my suggestions:

………………………….Szczesny…………….
    ………………Sagna…….BFG………Koscielny
    ……………………Ramsey……..Vermaelen
    ……………………………Wilshere
    …..Theo………………………………………….Santi
    ……………………….Higuain….Giroud

Obviously I would like to see arsenal sign more top quality players buy in this set up I honestly feel we could challenge. Also this formation leaves a lot of room for maneuver during the game with us potentially going into a 4-4-2 formation in defence with TV at LB.

I also feel that with this formation we would need more strength in depth in DM and LM, which is why I would also like to see us sign Lars Bender (ideally) and Muniain. I believe that if we made these three signings it would make us less predictable on the pitch and give us that extra cutting edge and steel in midfield that we desperately need to compete for trophies.

Hi Fred, good to see you back. Am out for a bit now, but will get back to you later. 🙂

Hi all..
    TA.. Higuan was also a French.. wasn’t he..?? hehehe..
    Talking about player who left Madrid and become success.. I think ex-gunners were more success.. hahahha..
    Nasri, Clichy, Fabregas, Song, RvP.. and also Henry.. even Bedtner get trophy with Juventus.. hehehehe..

Higuan used to played alternately with Benzema.. and I think he will also do that with Giroud.. and Giroud also knows that sometime he will be sit at the bench.. but maybe this season a bit more.. hehehehe..

What worries me.. is Podolski.. I think he look good for CF.. the last 3 games he show us that he can do the job.. I don’t think LW is the right job for him.. moreover if the rumours about Nani or Payet do come true.. then I think he will be bench most of the time.. hahahaha.. and that will be so much vain.. cause he was our most expensive player.. I don’t think it was a good idea to bench a 100k/week player.. better to let him go for sure.. But that’s also mean if we really get Higuan.. there be no Nani.. hahaha..

Fred.. you make me drunk with your starting eleven.. hehehehe..
    Your formation is not 4-4-2 but 3-2-3-2.. hahaha.. cmiiw..

I don’t know.. maybe playing 3-2-3-2 is not a bad formation either..
    If it so.. then Vermaelen must play in the middle of Kocielny and Mertesacker..
    Arteta to take the place of Vermaelen as double DM with Ramsey..
    And we will had a very solid defenders.. but a little less in attack..

I think Maybe 3-4-3 is better.. hehehee..
    Without any new players the team will be:
    Szscesney
    Merte – Verm – Kosc
    Theo – Ramsey – Arteta – Ox
    Santi
    Giroud – Podolski

5. Arsenal_VCC says:

Hi TA – While Higuain’s quality is without question, I am eagerly looking forward to seeing how the overall team balance is with him in the lineup and if he will need a year to get used to the PL (hope not!). If he and Nani do make it over, the competition for the forward lineup looks very exciting. Sometime back, Wenger had mooted the possibility of a few (5?) members of the reserve squad making it to the senior team. Gnabry in particular seemed to highly spoken of. Any idea who Wenger had in mind for the jump up?

Arsenal_VCC

Good to see you back and good point about time to settle. I guess the sooner he joins us, the quicker the team can start gelling with him as one of the CF options. As Giroud has had a year to get used to the PL, I reckon Arsene will have the luxury of easing the Argentinean in.

I don’t know who he would promote exactly, but the ones that stood out last season are: Eisfeld (my favourite), Bellerin, Gnabry, Yennaris and Miguel.

Sorry Henry, but the Pod needs to stay. We need his goals and assists, experienced and hunger in this team.

Fred, that line up could work although I am not sure whether both strikers could work together in the centre. Would one of the play deeper, and if so, who?

9. alexgunners says:

Number one reason:
    We’re by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.
    In all seriousness now. He would add quality to our forward line and competition would for places could only do us some good.

Great article by the way

Cheers Alex and yes nr1 reason is enough hahaha 🙂

11. alexgunners says:

Lets hope that we complete this signing. By having other Spanish speaking players in the team it will surely help to settle. The expectations will be huge but I think that after the first couple of months his contributions will make a great difference to our squad.

12. jnyc says:

Great post. I hope all this dreaming of Gonzalo doesnt end up being a waste. I have respected his skills for years. Also great point Alex about the spanish speakers on the team. I hope they get in contact to help convince him.

Hi Johnnie,

How is life treating you?

14. Highbury Harmony says:

TA, once we sign Higuain, we’ll have nothing more to write about him at this pace! Haha love the article as you well know I’m a huge supporter of Arsenal bringing the Argentine to the Emirates.

#5 was my personal favourite reason, I mean who really could resist that connection/temptation?

I’m hoping #3 will have a direct influence, as 2 of those players have also played in La Liga and have transitioned well to the EPL. Also, AW can speak a plethora of languages and would make communication easier for Higuain as well.

All benefits to the Arsenal and let’s hope this deal can be wrapped up soon!

HH the first friendlies start on 14 June and until then the scraping of the barrel might become deafening! hahaha 🙂

16. AFC says:

TA, top article. 🙂

All of your points are very valid and let’s hope Higuain somehow reads this article. If Wenger is looking for a quality ST, who is about to enter his prime, with a reasonable transfer fee who comes with affordable wages, then Higuain is the man.

I would welcome him with open arms and people would fear our attack. I feel Higuain, Cazorla and Walcott would all work really well together and I feel with Higuain leading the line and some other quality players added in other positions, we could really give it a go in Europe.

Thanks TA, nice one

can i just add one of the biggest reasons why he should join arsenal and why Arsenal need to sign him ?

reason 6 :

he’s what the FANS want, HH remember the video where our fellow gooners were directly telling AW whom they wanted 😉

Arsenal & Higuain seem like the perfect match, dare i say, he’s capable of knocking off that bloke who’s just won the golden boot twice in a row….. it’s not about how clinical of a finisher he is but how cool and compose he is, remarkable !

Henry Henry,

Podolski is the real deal and dare i say , he was the reason where our season kind of changed for the better… who remembers the Arsenal vs wHU game ? yep , he turned up and won us that game on his own, scored a belter of a goal and then i lost count on all the splendid assists on the counter attack (Poldi is like a bullet on the LW once he’s on his bike 🙂

Poldi on the LW, Theo on the RW with Higuain in the Center with Santi behind and further behind Santi lines up our little rat JW

oh la la

18. Highbury Harmony says:

JB, what do you mean our fellow Gooners in the video that led the Higuain march?

I thought I already told you that I was the one there shouting, “Wenger sign Higuain!” and led the mob.

now now HH, let’s not blow our cover shall we 😀

TA n 007..
    I know guys.. and that’s why I said that if We got Higuan then there be no Nani.. hehe..

It mean that if Wenger bring a CF then We won’t need another winger.. but if Nani comes that’s also mean Higuan won’t.. cause Wenger will make Podolski as our CF.. just as simple as that.. hehe..

21. AFC says:

Hi Henry, Podolski is not really a ST, he is a false 9. We were playing a false 9 formation with Walcott and Podolski as false 9s on the flanks so were we not playing Podolski in his best position?

Well I don’t know about Higuain, but you sold it to me. 🙂

Nice one TA…

23. Highbury Harmony says:

Sunderland, Villa, West Ham, Fulham and $hitty seem to be the big players so far in this summer’s TW. Never would have guess the former four to be at the fore front of the TW!

24. Glic says:

Whipping up a frenzy of expectation Totes Van Strapondildostein !. 🙂

Gonzalo Gerardo Higuain….which if he partners Giroud up front, will have a perfect anagram name of …..” Oral a huge rod….agonizing ! “.
    Seeing as there are plenty of BKers with dogs, don’t let GGH near them !, as another anagram is …. ” I organize rough dog anal ! “.
    Arteta has competition !……” Zorro hugged a Lion…again ! “.
    But what ever you do, don’t accept his hospitality……….” Hi Gringo….anal grade ouzo ? “

Hahaha Glic – you are getting too much sun on your winkel, it seems.. 😛

26. Glic says:

Tomorrow I will have a little trip to here :

So get your Gums around my Plums, suckers !. hahaha

St Ives is my favourite seaside place, Glic. Everything is award winning there, even the winks that come towards me hahaha 🙂

28. Glic says:

Yeah Totes especially the award winning house prices, a year or so back there was a one car parking space being sold for £55,000 !.

29. Glic says:

Don`t stand still for too long there, you`ll get charged rent !. hahaha

30. Fred says:

Henry Chan, I was suggesting that against the more boring teams where playing in two lines of four is strategically beneficial we could change into a 4-4-2 formation, with TV at LB, as it is a more solid defensive line up and then in attack shift to the 3-2-3-2 sorry I realise I did not get that point accross well enough in my original post but I hope it makes sense now. But by shifting our formation during a game would give us a strategical advantage as the opponents would have to adjust their game plan to ours. I see your point about wanting to put TV in the centre. However, off the back of last season I think that he is too error prone to be a CB and arguably he has all the right attributes to make a great DM. Also although I think Mertesacker is a great defender he does lack pace which is why I’d prefer him as the central defender (in a formation with three defenders) and two faster defenders on either side.

Also with our current squad in that position I have one issue with the strikers and that is that both Podolski and Giroud are left footed. Personally in a striking partnership I think that it is better to have one player that is left footed and one that is right footed not a big issue but its just something that I think makes a little bit of a difference. With the use of the 3-2-3-2 formation it would also allow us to have the option of a Podolski-Walcott partnership which could also prove to be a deadly combo and would make us far less predictable which was a key problem last season.

TA, I would propose Giroud playing more advanced in that set up. I think they could both work well together Giroud is strong and good when it comes to linking up with other players, and he could use his strength to hold up the ball and lay it off to Higuain who is the more clinical striker. I think they could complement each other well with Giroud taking on the more physical side (also making it easier for Higuain to adapt to the more physical nature of the EPL) with Higuain grabbing the goal.

Glic, I would not want to live there: far too pretentious! But just a visit for the day is great.

Fred, yeah that could work, 🙂

New Post – New Post! 🙂

HH has written a very fine, debate stimulating post about where to play the versatile Fellaini if he is to join us this summer. Enjoy! 🙂

33. ProudGooner says:

If i was Higuain honestly from a non-biased point i would jump at the chance, he is wasted at Real. He must be chopping at the bit to get some regular football and this is the season he will be wanting to hot TOP form at his age and more importantly the world cup coming up in south America (Brazil) being south American!
    Arsenal are a top club , CL football a great great manager and the club need him and have a place ready made for a man like him, where he could be first choice striker (could) i think this 1 is as good a suit for both player and club that i can see at the moment.
    Come to London, be a gooner Higuian as Del boy would say , “you know it makes sense”! 🙂

34. ProudGooner says:

What did you guys think of Loic Remy?
    I think he is top class he is more your Ian Wright style , i would not be surpised if Wenger still has him on the radar. him and Ceaser.