Arsenal best-11 players in 2013-14, if we had kept all Wenger Gems

Arsenal-v-Man-Utd-001

The Torture Window has once again presented us with a few twists and turns. It looks like we will not get Higuain until RM have signed a marquee striker themselves this summer, and this could take a long time.

Los Blancos are still smarting from losing out on Neymar, and the Brazilian’s stellar performances during that made-up tournament last month, as well as Ronaldo’s comment that he wished Neymar had come to his current employer, will only have rubbed more salt into the wound.

They are under pressure from the fans to add new players to the squad, and there is little chance they will let Higuain go before they have contracted a top  quality replacement. With Cavani almost certainly going to the Eifel Tower Oilers, they will struggle to find a player of the required calibre to help them beat Barcelona to the title next season. Their next target is likely to be a man with occasional cannibalistic tendencies, whom Arsenal happen to be interested in as well….or was that a smoke-screen? I certainly hope so…

It is all very tiring and who knows how it all will end this summer. Buying experienced, ready-to-go quality players from the top, and sub-top, European clubs is proving to be very hard.

What is also frustrating is that Arsenal could have been in a very different position right now. If we had only been able to keep hold of our star players over the last seven years and had added on average a new £15m player every year, we would have had a very strong team right now.

Arsene could have focussed this summer in getting an experienced GK as back-up for our young and promising Pole between poles, and buy one or two players to add depth to the squad. Job done!

The 2013-2014 Arsenal Team could have looked like this:

possible eleven if kept our best players

A great mixture of self-developed youth players/Wenger-gems and newly bought, experienced players. The seven added experienced/quality players over the last seven years are Mertesacker, Sagna, Koscielny, Cazorla, Podolski, Arteta and TV, and if we had also kept Song, Clichy and Nasri, and we add the likes of Ramsey, Ox, TV, Rosicky etc, we would have had not just a very strong first team, but a more than decent bench as well.

We all know that the club were not in a position to hold on to most of our top players over the last seven years. However, going forward, we appear to be in a strong position to both keep hold of our top players and add quality every year. All we need is patience…

But there appears to be now a lack of time and patience to allow Wenger to build another top quality team bottom upwards and by adding a few typical Wenger gems; and I believe that even Arsene himself does not have the patience any more, and possibly time,  to do so.

So, it is all about adding a number of players who will  add quality to the wider squad and Arsene’s first choice eleven, in order for us to properly compete for silverware next season.

Of course I welcome this, but the above first eleven and wider squad show us what sort of team we could have had right now.

Written by: TotalArsenal.

58 Responses to Arsenal best-11 players in 2013-14, if we had kept all Wenger Gems

1. willc88 says:

Where’s Bendtner in that 11 lol!?

He is washing the boys’ cars. 😆

nice one, TA

erm, RVP ahead of King Henry ? really ?

i would have TH in that one and let RVP remain on the treatment table i mean subs bench 😉

from previous article :

James Bond
    July 9, 2013 22:55

update on Benteke,
    apparently he wants to move to Spuds (makes sense if they sell Adebayor and he then becomes the new adebayor).——–TA’s gut feeling all along, so if it happens, credit goes to ? yep yep…TA’s gut.

also, chelsea are in for him and not scared of the 25 million asking price (yeah, Chelsea are in for him when they have Lukaku at their disposal –
    i’ll let the readers make their own minds up based on my reasoning.

Good one Jambon 🙂

Inneresting post, but I prefer to keep my eyes looking forward… It is a crying shame… We need to create success and (then) keep spending money to keep our (successful) players “happy” while continuing to bring in quality. That’s a few planets which need to line up…

In the previous thread I asked whether or not the current situation with Dortmund, Bayern and Lewandoski isn’t analogous to that of Arsenal, United and RvP a year ago. Maybe it isn’t because SAF was out-going, whereas Pep is coming in. Still, it makes you wonder if things might’ve been a little more interesting in England if we’d made the grey-haired boy wait a year…

Also, I guess I was posting on the last thread when you opened this one and answered some of my questions about bestiality, also known as zoophilia. I’m not necessarily sure we want that sort in the dressing room, let alone on the pitch 😆 this could be the single moment when English not being your first language is letting you down…and where we might need Dr. Glic to do some ‘splainin’ http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bestiality 😉 😆

17HT,

the difference between Arsenal (of old hopefully) and Dortmund is that when Dortmund sell their best players , they seem to find able replacements, for example this year they have signed a fella in the region of 20 millions …where as , we have never really got spending half of what we sold a star player or main player really. (as of yet it stands).

8. Simba Murerwa says:

What a good team however I’ll have Song over Wilshire and Nasri over Walcott. Did you ever consider Kolo Toure and Adebayor?

Jambon – Chelsea have Lukaku and Demba Ba…. so it must be a move to the Spuds… or maybe…

17, we are aligned about your and my meaning of bestiality hahaha 😛

Ba is looking for ventures new ( been given permission to find himself suitors i hear).

Lukaku, Torres and a new potential arrival (choose your pick if you have a rich owner i says).

so that’s Terry’s father involved in a racist incident as well (the whole family is a Racist, splendid).

Hi Simba 🙂

Kolo could still be in the squad I guess, and Adebayor too. Good points. What would be your first eleven if you could choose from all our current and previous players?

Are you sure about Ba, JB? That would be incredible. I would have him in a heart-beat as back-up at Arsenal.

14. panther says:

What the hell is Wilshere doing in this team ahead of Song? Peiple really go over board with Wilshere don’t they??How many assists did Wilshere have last season? How many goals did Wilshere score last season??I wish English media and SOME English football fans, would stop putting Wilshere on a pedastal.

panther – I just rate him very, very highly, and yes, EVEN higher than Song. It is just an opinion though, and you are free to present us with your first eleven… 🙂

16. Cromulus says:

Ramsey > Flamini. By a lot.

17. izuchukwu Okosi says:

Stop calling Robin Van Persie a Judas. Has Wenger signed at least one world class player thus far to assure us all that he and Ivan Gazidis are honest about being ready to turn a new leaf. Sometimes the club’s actions bring tears to the fans’ eyes. Van Persie and others before him has gone on to win laurels that Arsenal couldn’t win in 8 years !

18. Milo says:

Hahahahahahaha, you CRY because Arsenal lose a match every so often, and we don’t spend a tonne of money on transfers??? Go back to your play-pen, and be a good wittle boy, OK????

I can’t believe the behaviour of some, maybe most, people!!!!

Get a life for fucking Christ’s sake!!!!

19. Mike says:

Too many transfer mistakes over the years to cry about them now. All Water under the bridge, or is that transfers to the Bridge (stamford that is). Over the past seasons you can say this about a lot of things. What ifs don’t do change much. Hey What if Arsenal won that CL final. You think Henry might have stayed? or Gilberto Silva, or Mathieu Flamini. And had Arshavin had a different squad that first season maybe he would have worked harder and stayed match fit and at least been the player he was the end of his first season for a few years. (RVP being out and AA having to play the loan striker role was not his game) In fact you could right a book not a blog comment on all the what ifs.
    But none of that changes the fact the club’s image was tarnished by the past transfer policies. Letting key players go to League rivals be it City or Chelsea or ManU says to the world Arsenal see’s it self as inferior to those clubs so it resigned it self to the position of selling club. And THAT is why RVP left Why Song left Why Segna is thinking about it. AND why Rooney coming To Arsenal Could be a huge help in changing that image. (or maybe not as if ManU let him go it could be just that they see him as surplus now.

And it is Not just letting players go it is letting them go to your league rivals When you do not sign a equal or better replacement. All clubs do transfers of top talent but top clubs bring in equally good talent to replace them.

Infamy! Infamy! WP have got it in for me. Another ‘lost’ post yesterday. It was a gem too?

So if I am only allowed one, this it it. But hey, reflections on what might have been in the middle of the second week of our most important TW? Is this distraction therapy for us gossip junkies?

I was curious as to why, if our ‘would be’ signings don’t happen before the Asia tour( a comment yesterday) they will be delayed until after it? Surely AW will only fly out at the start and then return? Assuming there is still business to be done?

I think another few boxes will be ticked off over the next few days, despite the doom and gloom that is around at the moment. Let’s see, July 16th …

GK – Not yet

CB – tick

DM – tick

Am – tick

ST – tick

Surprise – tick

All planets aligned?

Have a good day reminiscing folks …

21. Simba Murerwa says:

Hi sorry for the late response my first eleven will be:

1. Szczesny
    2. Jenkinson
    3. Cole
    4. Toure
    5. Koscielny
    6. Flamini
    7. Carzola
    8. Song
    9. Adebayor
    10. Fabregas
    11. RVP

22. Dr Glic says:

BROKEBACK BASTARDS !.

HAS THE TRANFER WINDOW BECOME THE TORTURE WINDOW FOR YOU !.

FEEL LIKE PUTTING YOUR COCK IN THE FOOD BLENDER AND GIVING YOUR WIFE A HAMPTON SMOOTHIE !.

NO BOING FACTOR !, YOUR COCK FEELS LOWER THAN A TERRY FAMILY MEMBER !.

GET AWAY FROM THE TORTURE WINDOW BLUES WITH SOME PROPER SHAGGING !.

EXCLUSIVE TO BK MEMBERS MEMBERS ONLY !.

DR GLIC`S AWARD WINNING NEW IMPROVED………COCK NAV !…..NORMALLY AVAILABLE AT DODGY RETAIL OUTLETS FOR £19.99. BUT FOR ONE TORTURE WINDOW ONLY AND BK MEMBERS MEMBERS ONLY…..A DUCK AND DIVER !….£5 !.

COCK NAV WILL TAKE YOU STRAIGHT TO THE LOVE HOLE !. TAKES AWAY ALL THAT TIME CONSUMING FOREPLAY SHIT !. IT HAS THE BENEFIT OF “REAL TIME” TRAFFIC !, SO IF YOU COME HOME AND THERE`S THE USUAL CROWD OF DOGGERS QUEING TO RODGER YOU MISSUS, IT WILL UPDATE YOUR ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL !.
    MISSED YOUR TURNING AND ENDED UP IN BROWN SPOT AVENUE ?, NO PROBLEM !, DR GLICS COCK NAV WILL REDIRECT…..” recalculating, when possible, make a u-turn and take first entrance in front ! “.

ALSO, YOU WILL RECIEVE A FREE COPY OF……DR GLIC`S LEGENDARY CHAT UP LINE`S !………..” did you just fall from heaven gorgeous ?…..ok, whilst your lying there unconscious, I will f**k you ! “………..” so your the silent type !… I`ll just keep my cock in your mouth until the chloroform wears off ! “.

TERRY FROM BOUNDS GREEN SAYS :……” it fantastic, without the help of Dr Glic`s cock nav , I would have had trouble shagging a specialist stewed rabbit chef from Ockendon, she turned out to be a right bunny boiler and I nearly got caught by her decorator husband with a brush and wallpaper in his hands, thanks to Dr Glic`s cock nav, I made a hasty retreat and avoided a pasting ! “.

NUMBNUTS FROM NORWICH SAY`S:……..” thanks to Dr Glic`s cock nav, I won the Tour de Norfolk !…I was shafting my choccy Labrador in my new Arsenal away shirt on my tandem bike, when the RSPCA turned up on their bikes !, I was well away in front and the RSPCA peloton had no chance of catching me ! ”

HURRY NOW , WHILST STOCKS LAST !.

PS
    #’WARNING#

DR GLIC`S COCK NAV IS POWERED BY AWARD WINNING DESIGNED NITRO GLYSERINE TECHNOLOGY !

VCC SAY`S:………” I nearly blew my wife`s pussy and my cock to smithereens !, the missus is devastated !, she will never forgive me for rupturing our Feline, Felicity`s Fanny ! “

GLiC….. 🙂 😀

24. Dylan says:

Now, now. Calm down girls, you’re all pretty. 😉 There’s no need to fight over the what ifs. Say what you think and don’t fight with what others think. I’m not even going to take a stab at what the starting 11 would be because I have no idea. I just know what I want our real starting 11 next year to be. 😉 Szcz, Jenks, Kos, Per, Gibbs, Lars Bender, Jack, Cesc, Theo, Higuain, Santi 😉

Afternoon fine fellow Gooners and nutbum Glic 😛 🙄

It appears not everyone has fully understood the gist of the post. Arsenal under Arsene is best served by growing a team bottom upwards whilst adding players where and when needed. Key is to hold onto our players, which we were not able to do in recent years. If we had been, then the team above would have been gunning for silverware, and there would be no need to desperately recruit top quality players now.

As there is no patience and time to build further (whilst this time holding on to our ‘outputs’), we are now looking to add ready to rock top quality players. This appears to be a frustrating process and one that I, and many others, are not enjoying.

26. STRETCHING AND ENJOYING IT says:

Hi TA

After the Higuian fiasco i have changed my name so no one knows its me. Though he is still signing hahaha

Of course you are spot on my spokesman.

The key to our success will come within. The ability to retain players is paramount. It is the framework from which succesful wenger teams are built. You add, when required, the nessesary ingredients to complete the picture.

This is why we have a pre contract agrrement with Higuain and Madrid. He will be joining us soon. hahaha

Welcome Stretching and Enjoying it hahahaha 😛

in football you can never be sure but yep, time will tell.

nah, i wouldn’t want him at arsenal though, don’t mind Lukaku 😉

right, so Suarez is flattered by our interest in him and we’re supposedly preparing a 35 million bid for him ( yep, if true then it appears this is turning out to be a Arsenal vs Real Madrid thing now) let the mind games continue.

the return of Dr.Glic, VCC (always seems to return when Glics is back), and to our new member S & E.

😀

30. Red Arse says:

Stretching And Enjoying It,

You are obviously a patient of Dr Glic, which puzzles me a tad because he is waging all out war on Cockdom, so how would you know that “the key to our success will come within”?

As he always tries out his own inventions first, that would explain a lot about his eunuch tendencies — so be careful when taking his advice!! 🙂

James, it looks like we are turning the screw on RM. Give us Higuain now or we keep increasing the prize of the shoulder muncher hahaha

VCC always lurks around but will only start commenting once we signed a big gun hahaha 😀

would you be relatively satisfied if we only got Suarez, Barry and Cesar this summer , TA and open question to everyone else as well ?

although, we could get Suarez (35-37 millon), Fellaini (20-23 million) and Cesar (1.5 million) as well, such is the luxury of having an invisible war chest 😉

33. STRETCHING AND ENJOYING IT says:

Thanks for the warm wellcome guys, been a first time poster its always appreciated.

Some Arsenal sites i have posted on in the past just havn’t done it for me. I hate it when people bad mouth the Club or Manager, been a bit thick is no excuse.

Even worse is when you get some Jerk inventing stories about how they have a source on transfers, when you know there just trying to make them selves look big.

Thanks for the tip Mr Red, that Dr Glic guy sounds a bit crazy for cock. hahaha

By the way, ive tried it and that Cock Nav dont work. I gave it directons to target some bored housewife across the street but instead it took me directly next door, straight into Bert the Bouncer. Bert wasnt pleased so five minutes later i gave instructions for it to take me to Accident and Emergency. hahaha

34. Red Arse says:

I did warn you Stretch!

The things that Glic has done to your cousin, Terry, do not bear repeating – innit — especially when he made him wear a syrup knitted from spare muff.

It kept him pole vaulting all day long, and every time he went to shake the hand of clients they were assailed by the telescope in his pants instead.

Tssk!!

RA, Stretching 🙂 🙂

JB – No not at all – I guess you would be v satisfied! 🙂

I don’t rate Barry, don’t see the sense in getting Cesar, and Suarez is a very risky gamble…

based on RVP’s injury record, paying 24 million could also been seen as ” gamble”, question is, if the Suarez gamble is worth taking ?

for me – yes.

the feeling i am getting is that if we were after Cesar then he would already be a gooner by now.

Van Judas was, and still is, a gamble. Did RedNose buy the traitor for his goals in the PL or to push in the CL?

I am sure Hernandez and Rooney would have scored a lot of goals as well had the self-confessed ‘Gunner for Life’ stayed at ‘his beloved Arsenal’, and let’s not forget, MU were given a very easy ride last season.

The Suarez gamble is of a different calibre though. It is to do with values and the reputation of the club. I would be totally AMAZED if Arsene were to buy him – it will never happen I reckon.

38. Red Arse says:

TA @15:43,

I could not agree more!

39. Red Arse says:

I am watching France v Ghana U 20’s, and it’s pretty good.

Sanago has just missed a gilt edged chance.

He is tall and a bit spindly, but I like the look of him, but Thauvin (who he) looks the pick of the two teams.

Thanks for the update Redders. Tall and a bit spindly… a spitting image of you, no? 😀

that’s one way of putting it re-RVP but another way would be, winning the PL, making more than enough money on selling shirts e.t.c gamble paid off rather well…without his goals , i don’t necessarily think the mancs would have been as comfortable at the top.

anyhow, he’s not really somebody we should be wasting our time discussing, i much rather us discuss transfer gossips, hahahah (yep, the little boy inside me is not a fan of the traitor).

that’s a valid point re- Suarez but let’s face it, we already know about all his shenanigans, surely he can’t do any worse ? hypothetically speaking, if he were to sign for Arsenal, he would have a good platform to improve his image and repair the damage.

Oh it could get even worse, JB. But I will put it all in post 😉

;);)

44. Red Arse says:

Thauvin (a Lille player on loan to Bastia) scored the second French U20 goal — forget the rest — best player by a mile — buy him Arsene!

45. Admir says:

Hello, people.

First, let me say something regarding excellent HH’s Wanyama text that put you in front of the wall without exit and with only one answer to choose – which is a compliment, of course. 🙂 Wanyama story is a story about Wenger’s signings in the last eight years. He hasn’t signed a top-class ball-winning midfielder despite losing Flamini, Song, Gilberto Silva and Lass (btw, it would be really funny if Wenger signed one of the Benders to replace Lass 😀 ) during that period. It’s like he made a bet with himself that he will win something with the smallest number of defensive-minded players ever and with net spending below 10 million pounds. You can say: “Why not Wanyama, why not Fellaini, why not Moussa Sissoko, why not Mascherano, why not any-bloody-one who can win the ball in the middle of the park?” as well.

Speaking of departed players and our current team… I would go with this squad:

Szczesny-Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Cole-Flamini-Nasri, Fabregas, Wilshere, Cazorla-Van Pussy.

It would be a bit of feast for The Lying Dutchman as he would have around 5-6 sitters per match. I’d go with Na$ri over Walcott due to his technical abilities and balance as we would have similar type of player on the other wing as well. Cazorla would have been even better with a world-class left full-back like Cashley. Gibbs has talent but he is still far from what Cashley has been.

And, when manure hit the fan, I’d introduce Arteta and Walcott in order to get correct passes and speed for the counter-attacks.

46. Admir says:

One more thing – some Bosnian web-sites claim that Italian Mediaset announced Stevan Jovetić is about to join Manchester Oilers.

Total, I’m waiting for the Big One. 😉

48. Glic says:

Am I back yet ?.

No…….your not……..so go away.

50. Glic says:

Yes !. My comments must have ended up in spam !

Stretchie Baby. Obviously you had the Cock Nav on the wrong setting !. As I dont like to discriminate, there are numerous setting`s for……… Women, Man and Animal holes !.

Talking of which…..17ht ( and this will be the 3rd time I have writtten this today ! 👿 ). I`m sorry, but even though I am a Doctor and know everything about anything ( which is amazing as I have no qualifications whatsoever ! ). I cannot help regarding Bestiality, as it brings back bad memories and is in fact a sore point and I dont mean in regards about my failed attempt to rodger a Porcupine !. No, it`s that a while back I got my todger out at London Zoo in front of a pack of Hyenas and they fell about laughing, I haven`t been the same since !……the bastards ! hahahahahaha………..thats them laughing again !……Bastards !.

yep, it appears man city are front runners for Jovetic and that seems to be his likely destination.

ouch, TA , ouch ouch ouch as much as i didn’t fancy him at the emirates i must admit, it wouldn’t have been a bad signing considering…

52. jnyc says:

—-
    one place i think we could actually improve now would be Higuain, because of his edge in age over vP, and i believe under appreciated quality. That would explain my frustration in this window more than others. I feel we are fortunate to be in the running for him, let alone close.
    — i also think the drop off in quality for lb is not so great going forward in future, also because of age and a fairly youthful team for the next few
    years.
    again because of decline, sagna would not be best for next few years. Would like to see jenks and bellerin worked in some this season.
    — sadly, the only great shame is in Cesc. He should have been here for what i believe is a great potential next few years. The quality of which we will have a much better idea, with the outcome of this transfer window. We could become true title challengers, or if we really mishandle things, could easily drop out of top four.

i choose to believe in the most positive, but am always worried, as we all are, because we care so much. 😉

53. jnyc says:

TA , great idea for a post! interesting to muse over. And some thing very RARE! i am in 100% agreement with your first eleven, and i was thinking just as i was reading, what a bench we could have also. Then i saw u pointed it out also. — great job!
    —-
    years.

54. Highbury Harmony says:

Deulofeu to Everton, jesus we suck balls!

55. Highbury Harmony says:

TA, it’s quite depressing how good we could have been had we been committed to winning and spending money, is it? Thanks for sharing that post, but I’m afraid I’ll just leave and go cry now…

That front 4 is ridiculous and scoring goals certainly wouldn’t be a problem. However, I would have some concern over our defending, but would it really matter with RVJ, Cesc, Santi and Theo up front??

Our defending on the wings would also be superb, but it’s already above average as it is so not the biggest drop off for me.

RA – Thauvin! Are you reading Arsene!! 😛

Thanks for comments Admir, jnyc and HH 🙂

Admir – I like that line up too and good point about balance.

Admir/JB – I am really hoping Jovetic does not end up at the Northern Oilers!! 😈

HH agreed our defending would still be a small concern.

57. Nosiru says:

Cant wait 2 see luise Suarez and Marco Reuz in d team in january transfer in Arsene we Trust!