What to do with Alexis? | Arsenal Best-11 | DM or B2B? | PL top six prediction?

Five discussion starters

1. What to do with Alexis Sanchez?

What is Alexis’ best position? The man can do absolutely everything: classical wing play, hold up play, fox in the box, conductor in the hole, Central Forward. But where will he be most effective in your opinion?

2. Classic DM and box to box OR two box to box type midfielders?

it looks like Wenger will not go for a more classic DM like Nigel De Jong or Wanyama but opt for playing two all round midfielders who can equally support our defence and attack. He has a lot of midfielders at his disposal but very few can actually defend or possess the physicality to offer real presence in midfield. Or is Chambers his defensive option in midfield? What would you like to see happening?

3. Everybody is fit and we are playing a top team: what is your first eleven?

4. Which three things would you do to ensure we do not lose any top games any more, in terms of player selections, formations and tactics?

5. What is your PL teams top six at the end of the season?

Looking forward to seeing your responses, and remember it is just a bit of fun! πŸ™‚

Written by: TotalArsenal.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

92 Responses to What to do with Alexis? | Arsenal Best-11 | DM or B2B? | PL top six prediction?

1. jnyc says:

TA ! too many great questions πŸ™‚
    1– alexis will be our Aguero/Suarez. so he will play everywhere ad drive defenders crazy ! – but also added bonus is he will bring the ball from further back and showed some nice though balls to Sanogo on sunday. (personally, I feel that we are much more dangerous with Sanogo over Giroud – though i’d like pace, power with a bit more experience) …

Time spent at Barca is good for player development. so that’s another good thing about our signing Alexis…. and i’m sure that Barca and other teams feel that way about Arsene educated players.

2 AND 3— I don’t believe we are finished adding players…. so i’ll wait on those questions.

4— Tactics in big games, vs. top teams, I would like us to play very tight for a draw at worst, and hope to take some wins with our talent. it’s less fun, but practical.

5— again, I will wait until the end of the window, to see us complete, also because I expect many moves by other teams… Arsene predicted a lot of movement in the market in the final 2 weeks, and I think he knows so much that we don’t.

1) Not sure about Alexis yet TA. In terms of team balance i will go for a wide right role, but that could change very quickly. Bit like a nice looking women playing hard to get, that to can change very quickly. Well it does for me. for you lot its more a question of a mask and Chloroform, followed by a nice 5 Years holiday

2) Definatly 2 box to box and 1 holding. Wilshere and Ramsey the front 2 with Arteta holding. Those who think Wilshere is not worthy of a starting place fail to understand Arsenes esoterical side. Before the man goes to bed he dons a Darth Vader helmet and prays to a large Rat effigy for f*ucks sake.

Spirit, harmony and culture are not just words, they are important in building a long term succesful side.

3) Chesney
    Debuchary, Kos, Merts, Gibbs
    Arteta
    Ramsey Wilshere
    Sanchez Giroud Ozil

The hardest one to leave out was Theo. Anyway, If our injury record continues I fully expect Myiachi to be our player of the season. I also expect him to help Theo with his bully problem by teaching him Karate

4) Three things to avoid the thrashings TA? Bloody hell thats a difficult one. If i really knew the answer to that, it would be me praying to the Rat effigy. Well, i hope two of them have already happend. Firstly the younger players are stronger and more experineced, and secondly we now have another world class attacking option in Sanchez

The third could be a change in tactics. Playing two box to box midefielders with our fornt three pressing is a different approach. Lets see how it goes.

Longer term I aslo hope to see Chambers develop into the midfield holding role.

If none of the above works, then i will personaly befriend every premier league referee. Once they wake in the morning and see the photos of themselves with tansvestite Larry, ime sure they will be very accomodating. Just like Larry is apparently.

Arsenal 5-0
    Man City
    Chelsea
    Man utd
    Liverpool
    Everton

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

3. Nik says:

1) Against teams outside top 7 Alexis should play just behind Giroud
    Against top 7 teams I’d play him up top.

2) Arteta has proven that he can do it against weak opponents. He can intercept their counter attacks and build the play from deep. Either Ramsey or Wilshire should start next to him with Γ–zil as CAM, two wingers and a striker.
    Top teams are pressing us far earlier than weak teams ever could. In the big away games last season it was obvious that we need a little more protection in central midfield, which is why I would play Chambers or Flamini alongside Arteta in these games and make sure that neither starts running forward. (This is for current squad obviously….if we are to sign a CDM I would of course let prefer him to play in the big games)

3) big game away from home
    Sczczczczesny
    Debuchy, Merte, Koz, Gibbs
    Chambers, Arteta
    Walcott, Γ–zil, Ramsey
    Sanchez

big game at home
    Sczczczczczcesny
    Debuchy, Chambers, Koz, Gibbs
    Arteta, Ramsey
    Walcott, Sanchez, Γ–zil
    Giroud

– as bad as it sounds, I’d love to see us play for a draw away from home. Try not commit too many players forward, full backs not pushing forward much. Just play safe. Last seasons goals in these thrashing came from set plays or us losing the ball in midfield and being outnumbered. If we keep more players back and try to play the counter attacking role in the game we will be hard to break down. Also we can be deadly with Sanchez, Walcott, Ramsey and Γ–zil breaking forward.
    – for home game I wouldn’t change anything. We comfortably beat Liverpool twice at home and we didn’t give Chelsea, City, Everton and United too many chances.
    – no third thing from me πŸ˜€

5) based on current squads
    1,2,3 is between Arsenal, Chelsea and $hitty
    4,5 between Liverpool and ManU
    6 Everton

Great responses until now with plenty of food for thought. I’ll be back tomorrow. πŸ™‚

Too many questions,,too early TA.

For No1 – I say don’t build the team around him(Alexis), because then you’ll be playing him every week, and twice on Sundays.

2, Is difficult in the limitations of two options. AW clearly wants a ‘holding’ midfielder, but who can get forward, if not right into the opposition box. So defensive first, and should the space open up go for it, with Ramsey, or whoever is sitting in for him, staying back. However, as the DM type has yet to arrive, and that will be dependant on other purchases, whether cheap or expensive. Expensive elsewhere probably means cheap in the DM role, or somebody leaving?

3, Assumes all top teams are the same, if you want a single set of 11, And as JNYC said above, we have got one of our best 11 on the books yet. However, we may not be fully there by they play Man C again? So who we have for that I would say:
    Szcz;
    Debuchy; Per; Kos; Gibbs
    Bellerin; Flamini; Ramsey;
    Ozil; Alexis;
    Giroud.

Pace, and defensive support down both flanks?

4, Similar problems to the above, but balance attack with defensive cover, and stack the bench with game changers, or game savers. Leave nothing to chance.

5, I will do 5, but until we know our full squad, I sit on the fence:
    Man U will be above Chelsea – lack of CL
    Man C will finish above Liverpool.
    Everton will be the surprise packet.
    Arsenal ?

6. omgarsenal says:

1) Good questions TA but without seeing what Sanchez can do when Ozil is playing, and when Walcottis on the wing then it is difficult to decide where he should play. He plays extremely well with Sanogo, Campbell and Giroud so if we start with a 4-4-2 or a 4-1-4-1 then his starting position will be different. One thing is for sure, he must play as close to the box as possible since he is so quick and lethal therein.

2) Szczesny,
    Debuchy, Per,Kos, Gibbs
    Ramsey, Chambers, Ozil, Wilshere
    Giroud, Sanchez
    3) One box-to-box (Ramsey) and one enforcer (Flamini)

4) We start out with our most experienced and hard tackling defenders: Ramsey, Flamini, Debuchy, Per,Kos and Gibbs and once we get a lead, we replace Flamini with Arteta or Wilshere. up front we deploy Sanchez with Sanogo or Campbell. We play a very defensive game, cramming the midfield and NOT playing a high line but ensuring that the back 4 are always supported b y at least 2 hard midfielders like Flamini and Ramsey, who both work their socks off.

5) Far too difficult to call at this time…..Chelsea,City and Arsenal will definitely finish in the top 3 but what will United and Liverpool do and will the Spuds or Everton improve at all?

7. omgarsenal says:

God, I love this………..completely forgot Bellerin and Diaby! Walcott still to come on as well and with kids like Campbell and Sanogo looking so good, Wenger has an embarrassment of riches!!!

8. omgarsenal says:

Also forgot Ospina!!! When will this end???

9. steve says:

You answered your own question TA,
    He can play anywhere so take the beginning games of the season to settle him in nice an easy, in a variety of different roles, and see which one suits both him and Arsenal the best.

Depends on the opponent, Wenger has got to stop this one formation fits all nonsense and start to productively react to how other teams set up. Now I personally f*cking hate the guy but do you think that Mourinho would have won that game against Liverpool if he hadn’t set Chelsea up in that β€˜park the bus’ 4-5-1 with Ba up top. If he had tried to play free flowing football at that time Liverpool would have won in my opinion.
    The same rings true for Arsenal, lesser teams or teams with a weak midfield or when we have home advantage then, in whatever formation chosen, more emphasis on box to box midfielders can be given but in tougher games, high profile away games or champions league ties we can settle with a draw then in my opinion that DM is essential.

At the moment Chambers is actually my top choice for DM, but I really think to seriously win the title we need that Carvalho signature.

As far as the top teams are concerned let’s stop showing off this season and take it seriously we’re in with a real chance to win the league so β€˜commanding wins’ at home and β€˜play it safe draws / nick a win’ away games.

Team as it stands now (no Carvalho):

Home game: 4-1-2-3, with Sanchez dropping deep randomly throughout the game to make a 4-1-3-2
    (Ramsey subbed for Chambers if more of a DM is needed)

Debuchy—-BFG—-Koscielny—-Gibbs
    ——————–Ramsey——————
    —–Wilshere—————-Chambo—-
    Campbell——-Sanchez ——- Walcott

Away game: 5-3-1-1
    (we literally don’t have a TV5 replacement yet so left it unknown)

Debuchy—Koscielny—BFG—unknown—Gibbs
    ———–Ramsey—–Chambers—-Diaby———
    —————————Sanchez———————-
    —————————-Sanogo———————-

Exactly what I said above, proactively change formations to suit the opposition, and on away games get a more balanced selection of players accounting for both strong physical strength in midfield and pace on the attack. And thirdly sign a new DM and at least another CB.

In the example away game team above if we had Carvalho in the squad the midfield three could be
    Chambers—Diaby—Carvalho
    Those are three monsters to have in midfield.

That means say if one of the wing backs breaks forward, say Debuchy, Diaby advances forward as does Gibbs, to link up with the front two. With all these players even in their most crazily advanced positions (as we often find ourselves) it still leaves Three CB’s and two holding DM creating a five at the back. It’s not pretty but if we stop dropping points away against the top sides then we could definitely win the league, hell we would have won it last year!

My GUESS at this moment in time;
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Man city
    Man utd
    Everton
    Liverpool

That was a fair old post to answer TA lol

10. ignatzuk says:

First, a question: where the hell is Cazorla in everybody’s lineups?

1. To start with, Alexis will be doing what he did in the Shield, coming in off the right to support the striker. I think in the long run he’ll start up front, I think that’s where he’s most effective.

2. I think in fact Wenger is looking at using a kind of 4-1-4-1 when in possession, with Arteta tasked to stay back. Fluidity is the key to Arsenal’s style, which I think is why Wenger doesn’t seem to want an out and out DM. Let’s be clear, a DM should not be necessary when the other team have possession, because all of your midfielders should be behind the ball, defending as a unit. A specialist DM is most useful for those transitions when your own attack breaks down or you get caught in possession. He stops the other side from punishing your errors with the ball. I’m pretty sure Wenger’s philosophy is to instead put a player on the pitch there who help minimise the number of errors we make in the first place. Hence Arteta and his 95% pass success rate. If he can also tackle, so much the better.

3. The back five pick themselves, and then on paper our strongest side is Arteta and Ramsey, Ozil in the hole, Cazorla on the left and Walcott on the right, Sanchez up top. But nobody has seen that side play yet, including Wenger, so we don’t know for sure. Perhaps Wilshere instead of Cazorla to firm up that flank. Perhaps Walcott and Sanchez are too similar, so Walcott is dropped for Giroud and Sanchez goes back to the right. Perhaps Diaby goes in the middle and Ozil is shifted to the left. Here’s a crazy thought though: perhaps the days are over of having one lineup that’s clearly stronger than anything else. I certainly can’t see which one it is.

4. Things never play out exactly the same two seasons in a row, so I wouldn’t worry about our performances against the top teams. I think that was mostly down to nerves and an inferiority complex, and I don’t think we’ll suffer from either of those again. I honestly believe the FA Cup victory has banished some demons, especially the way we did it coming back from 2-0 down. That final was basically Arsenal v Arsenal, a test of whether we could overcome our self-defeating tendencies, and we did. Against the top teams I just want to see belief, intensity, focus and speed of passing and movement. We get beat when our passing and movement is too predictable or too slow, and we get beat big when we try too hard to overcompensate for nerves or a bad start.

5. We have to see Arsenal back in the top two. Beyond that, I have no idea.

11. Tester says:

Here’s my 2C.

1> Alexis : He’ll obviously play on the right till Theo is back but assuming we’re not buying a superstar CF. I’d like to see him play up top with Theo & Ox on the wings. Santi/Ozil as #10. Or even Theo up top as I think he’s a better finisher than Alexis.

I want to see Joel Campbell or Podolski up top with Alexis/Theo on flanks but I doubt it’ll happen.

2> Is the role of a DM even valid anymore? I know Matic is an example but he fits Jose’s system. No need to copy it. I prefer a defensive minded B2B type player. Defending better as a unit is more efficient than relying on one guy to clean up the mess. Someone like Xabi Alonso.. Basically Sami Khedira haha . Love Arteta but back up only please!

3> If everyone is fit then the staring XI is

Szez
    Debuchy – Per – Kos – Gibbs
    New DM? – Ramsey
    Alexis – Ozil – Ox/Theo
    Theo/OG/Yaya

4> First 20 mins just calm the heck down & keep rotating possession. With Arteta as DM, you cannot go both fullbacks up the pitch then lose possession in MF. Infact I’d even go 4-3-3 in big games with DM-Jack-Ramsey close to each other so that the DM has outlets for close passing available. With Theo & Alexis ahead with Ozil, I don’t think being lethal is a problem.

If Arteta ends up playing there,then even Arteta-Ox-Ramsey in a 4-3-3 ‘coz Jack isn’t quick enough to track back. Plus Ox gives us presence & drive going forward.

I do hope it’s neither & we actually buy a player!

Btw, a MF of Ox-Jack-Ramsey is a dream but they’re all collectively too inexperienced to handle that.

5> Tough to answer this question right now. Chelsea & City are done with business and they look mighty strong. Jose has addressed the areas in which they were lacking & bought effectively. Man City bought a good young defender to play with Kompany. We’ve bought well but not really addressed the deficiencies till now. MUFC haven’t done their business fully.

Liverpool might find it tough. Selling a top player & replacing them with many average players is something we’ve done way too often. Never works out. Never!

Thought Everton will be good this season but they have Europa league to play. Good luck with that!!

Steve@01.37 (night owl!), I see we are still agreeing on everything … except JW10 πŸ˜€

If I can rephrase TA’s comment of ‘You either see it, or you don’t see it’, to ‘ You can see what you want to see’ is where we differ.

For me, at THIS moment in time, I only see him coming off the bench. Let him EARN his way back into the team, not just be there because (previous version) Arsene thinks he is special.
    New, hard headed Arsene does not give many players second chances if they fall from grace, and he has disappointed him twice now? I do not know what Serge Gnabry said or did, but clearly his loan out is a reminder? Perhaps that will be the next step for JW? How about a season long loan with Juve, while we get Pogba the other way? I would take that, with an option to buy naturally, and he would not be on the bench!

BTW, the reason I put Bellerin in place of Walcott for the Mancs replay is because I don’t think the latter will be a starter until late September. Now we know he is faster than Walcott, got quicker feet than Walcott, can pick out a decent cross, I am hoping more will come around to my thinking, especially AW, that he is a winger who can defend? As such, when not selected for the starting 11, he would be my first name on the subs list, as an extra attacker, or extra defender. Who knows, he may get his chance against Crystal Palace to show pre-season is not just a flash in the pan?

Ignatsuk@04.12 – The Cazorla absence, I think is because the question was phrased ‘against top sides’. For the similar reason I would leave JW out, is, if you are playing Alexis and Ozil, who can alternate, there is not a lot of room? Particularly with regards defensive cover? We need pace going forwards too. However, if we bear in mind the key word of ROTATION, then the likes of Cazorla, Rosicky, Podolski, Ox, JW, Campbell, Walcott, when fit, and will have plenty of other opportunities. The mentality on ‘a'(single entity) starting 11 has got to change. Otherwise it will be no different the previous seasons where we become predictable and knackered before the season ends? By regularly changing the personnel you also change formation and focus of our attack.
    Simples!

13. Tapps says:

1) The basic reason we signed him (aside from his mesmerising talent and pace) was his adaptability – either from the start or to change tactics during the game. I think, with every one fit, he will spend most of his time in the left forward role (see question 3)

2) The major area where M.Wenger and I disagree! I believe we need a snarling, tough tackling, traditional DM. As much for the mentality as for the style of play. I still maintain our drubbings at Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City were mainly down to mental weakness rather than lack of ability and a plan. However, I don’t think the gaffer puts much store in this thinking, and will look for talent over character (again). See question 3 again.

3) I have a feeling that Arsene’s preferred formation is a 4-1-2-3 with a lot of pace for the wide attackers – but that he also understands the need for a ‘plan B’ when this isn’t working or for when the circumstance requires that we are more defensive. A fully fit squad without suspension to line up in an imaginary CL Final:

SzczΔ™sny

Debuchy, BFG, The Kosh, Gibbo

Arteta

Ozil, Rambo

Sanchez, OG, Theo

…and, believe me, that is the first time in a while I’ve picked a ‘strongest XI’ without Wilshere! I must be getting old!!!

4a) Regular squad rotation, to keep everyone fit, focussed and involved.
    4b) Don’t rush players back from injury. We have the luxury of an excellent squad with great depth – let’s use it to it’s full advantage.
    4c) Psychological counselling! We need to instill in the players that we ARE as good or better than the northern oilers, the chavs, manure and the hubcap-nickers. Do you think Tony Adams ever came up against an opponent who he thought was better than him? No, thought not!

5) It pains me to say this, but………..

1-Chelsea (with Fab having a blinder!)
    2-Arsenal (and within 4 points of The Chavs)
    3- Man City
    4- Man United
    5-Liverpool
    6-Can’t bring myself to type it

Hi guys..
    TA n VCC.. When will the UMF season start..??
    Is the rules are all the same.. Can I do my prediction now..?? hehehehe..

TA answering your questions :
    1. Sanchez.. as we know that he can play in all strikers position.. So no problem.. But I prefer he will play as a LW.. cause we have Walcott in RW and Giroud / Sanogo in CF.. but I don’t feel happy to leave Cazorla on bench.. hahaha.. So Maybe playing as CF will be great also.. conditionally.. hehehehe..

2. I still hope Diaby will be ok soon.. But if we must buy some new DM then I go for Carvalho.. I watch his video all over and over again.. He is strong.. maybe as strong as Diaby.. or Viera maybe.. hahaha.. but we will know soon.. cause there also M’Bia available for free.. and Tiote also for oly 8 millions.. or maybe another Germany.. hehehe..

3. My dream starting XI :
    Ospina
    Debuchy – Koscielny – Mertecakers – Gibbs
    Diaby (Carvalho) – Ramsey
    Walcott – Ozil – Sanchez
    Giroud
    Subs : Szczesney, Chambers, Arteta, Monreal, Wilshere, Cazorla, Sanogo

4. If all the above players are fit.. including Diaby or Carvalho.. then no need to worry about any team at all.. hahahaha.. We can beat them all.. including Madrid or Barca with Suarez and Messi.. hehehehe.. But if something happens against the plan.. then well I think Wenger had learn from last season mistaken.. and know how to handle them.. I believe in Wenger.. as we all do..
    But what I like most from Wenger is whatever condition happened our philosophy is still the same.. Attack with style.. hahahaha.. The same with my own style.. attack.. attack.. attack.. hehehe..
    I don’t want Wenger to be Mourinho who play ‘bus parking system’ just to win a game.. Nothing honour to win with that kind of football.. Do you agree with me..??

5. As I said last season that our glory is back.. last season was a warming up season.. hahahaha.. This season is 10 years away to our ‘years of glory’.. We ended the years of glory with FA Cup.. and we finished our long 9 years ‘no trophies’ last season also with FA Cup.. now the history will repeat.. and we already begin this season with Community Shield Cup.. so this season we will be at least in top two.. our real rival will be MU not City or Chelsea..
    So my predictions :
    1. Arsenal
    2. Manchester United
    3. Manchester City
    4. Chelsea
    5. Liverpool
    6. Totenham Hospurs

Wow guys πŸ™‚

Fantastic comments, a joy to read and a lot of positivity.

Jnyc – good description of Sanchez. Don’t expect too many more purchases my friend… A CB and that’s it.

Great comment oh gorgeous el Greco πŸ™‚

I Ike the thought of Ramsey and Jack in front of a holding midfielder: that’s surely the future!

Super comment Nik πŸ™‚

I like your flexible use of Chambers and Sanchez especially. This might well be Arsene’s tactics this season.

Gerry old moaner… πŸ™‚

It is not too early at all as the season starts on Saturday, no? I like your response to point four and is Bellerin really that good to leave out Theo, Jack or Diaby?

Excellent comment OMG πŸ™‚

Love the strongest line up and tactics approach to beating the big teams.

Great, in depth response Stevo, as we have come accustomed to. I like the line ups and hope for both of us we get the DM still… But I reckon it will just be a CB now.

Steve @ 01:37…..Wow, both teams without Ozil?

1)..I would play Sanchez up front. Wenger/Fans should not expect Roy of the Rovers at first. Let him blend in gradually and not over play him. Rotate with Giroud and Sanogo.

2)..No matter what we, the supporters want, Wenger looks like going with 2 BTB players. My preferred formation with our personnel would be 4-1-4-1.

3)..=
    Szez

Debuchy/(Bellerin)……….Merts………Kos…….Gibbs

Chambers

Walcott…….Ozil…….Ramsey…….Ox

Sanchez

4)..Please see umpteen comments I’ve previously posted. When playing the top 4/5. Don’t go gung-ho. Pace ourselves. For once this season, when playing (top 4/5) away, let the opposition come onto us. It’s not a crime to play a tad defensively. We will reap the rewards I’m sure, even if we only manage away draws, especially with the pace to burn down our flanks.

We have players who can play in a 4-1-4-1 system and get forward (wide = 4) quickly to support either Sanchez/Giroud/Sanogo/Campbell.

5)..
    1st = Chelsea
    2nd = Man City
    3rd = Arsenal
    4th = Liverpool
    5th = ManUre
    6th = Everton

@ Gerry……You and I have been singing the praises of Bellerin for some time now. He is quicker than Theo. Can cross better than Theo. So, maybe, just maybe, he might be a better option in the top 6 away games where his obvious defensive skills will be of better use.

Henry 10:03………you can enter NOW on the UMF page.

@ Totes, please see 17ht comment regarding UMF page. Can we make a new one for the 2014-2015 season?

Fine comment Ignatzuk πŸ™‚

I don’t believe Arteta has the skills to break up quick counter attacks but I appreciate your reasoning. Your starting eleven is interesting but I somehow feel that the balance is wrong and I think this is due to playing Sanchez on top….

Hi VCC, sure but it has to wait till I am back home (tomorrow evening) for technical reasons.

TA – As I recall, the first 4 questions you laid out were not about Saturday’s game, but against the top clubs. The first of those is a tricky away at Everton on the 23rd, then the first ‘biggy’ is Man C, after the TW closes, on the 13th of next month.That is when we have our full squad, until January at least. That was my point.

Bellerin is a question to be answered when he plays in his ‘correct’ position. But for that particular game, if Walcott is not fit, then he provides better balance than Wilshere on the right, and is probably a better 2nd defender than the Ox, who is really competing with, along with a fit Walcott?

Diaby needs a half season loan to get fully up to speed.

JW is more straight down the middle, and is targeted by the opposition as someone they can gain possession from. Unless he moves and passes quickly, the cul-de-sac comes to him. Note the difference between him and Rosicky?

Talking of old moaners, how about the ‘same old, same old’ with the ‘one CB, and that’s it’ quote? Oh ye of little faith πŸ˜† I am still expecting my 5 new signings, plus replacements, before the window shuts, as I predicted 6 weeks ago.

There are a lot of leaks and quotes about as AW and IG try to get others to bite the wrong cherry, and thus take them away from the real targets? Wait and see ..

27. H Bo says:

Alexis needs to play wide except in the big games either him or as much as I hate to say it Sanogo or even Campbell up top just to give us someone one on a counter attack that don’t need to wait for support so even theo up there, partly answers No 4.

2. We need to be more flexible although making Arteta captain was a silly move as looked leggy last season so God help us as he will play but I tell you this he is not a DM more an orchestrator who just sits and tries to dictate the play but can’t tackle for shit so will generally be no DM unless Chambers or Flamini plays unless someone comes in but doubt it I think squads at its limit.

3. Squad as it stands

GK Sczeney RB Debuchy CB Kos CB BFG LB Gibbs

RM Walcott CM Rambo CAM Ozil CM Ox LM Sanchez
    CF Giroud
    Do like Sanogo up top but Giroud gets goals

4. We need a DM when we replace the Verminator we need a DM/CB mascherano type so we can play to holding for the first 60 mins or play the normal team but CM don’t pass the centre circle and one always sits closer to the CB than the grass.

5. Top 4 from last season Man Poo and the muppets from shite hart lane.

Is anyone else not getting a email when new post are made

28. steve says:

Gerry, yes mate in my opinion there are three players in competition for that center AM position Wilshere, Cazorla, Ozil and i think Jack has more physical aggression and tenacity than the other two while retaining the same level of technical ability so its an easy choice for me – seems like a very ‘marmite’ type of player here though, do i see a “what to do with Jack Wilshere” post coming from TA lol
    And further to your point about Bellerin, i don’t think he’ll be getting the nod over Debuchy at right back this season or pushing any midfielders out just now. But i tell you what he (and Gibbs for that matter) are right now; a perfect, everything you could wish for, ready made wing back in a 5 man defense, think Dirk Kuyt in the world cup but with speed – great little player!
    Oh and the night owl is down to me working from home atm, left to my own devices i seem to keep the most insane hours lol

TA, lol, yep sorry mate had just finished watching a mental documentary on LFTR Thorium nuclear reactors and my brain was in a very over-analytical and expressive state of mind lol, to be fair it was quite a big question you posted lol
    I can’t see how AW is not signing a world class DM now we have such an amazingly attacking side, the kind of balance it would bring would be unstoppable – i suppose i’ll just have to keep shouting it as Flamini picks up his second yelllow in the match lol

Gerry 11:22….I think/hope you are right about more signings. If there are to be any, I’m totally in agreement with you that AW & IG put feelers out to detract others from the real targets. Good idea in my book.

The only thing I would say is, when they have made their minds up, go straight for the jugular and get it done and dusted before others put offers in.

You say your are still expecting 5 more signings. Do you really think we need that many now we have acquired Chambers/Sanchex/Debouchy/Osina?

I think we need 2 more SQ and then we will be good to go.

cheers Totes.

Tester, great comment. πŸ™‚

Re DM, I reckon without one an Arsene team will always look vulnerable against the top teams. Gilberto was as important as Bergkamp, and we need such a beast again for this campaign IMO.

Gerry πŸ™‚

You CAN see what you don’t want to see. Just listen to Steve and me and you’ll come good. Jack is the second best all round footballer we have. Did you, for example, note that our second goal on Sunday started with a super fast and precise past from Jack to our most all round footballer, Sanchez?!

Great comment, Tapps, and I love your points under four – spot on! πŸ™‚

Tapps, I so hope your PL prediction does not come good…. Stuff of nightmares. 😦

Henry πŸ™‚

Love the dream team, and it is close to mine.

Great comment, Vickers πŸ™‚

I just cannot see us playing with Sanchez up front but I know you are really keen on it. Hope your PL prediction does not come through…. 😦

Totes…hope your having a fab time on holiday Amigo.

38. Shrillex says:

Hey total! Nice post as usual and after 3 days, I finally have internet now!

1. Well, for me, he would be a winger for us. He just has so much more space to exploit if he plays on the wings. I hope he will be able to fit into the left flank and terrorize fullbacks with Theo. May they be our own Ribery-Robben or Ronaldo-Bale. My prediction, if I may be so bold, is that Ollie will end the season with more goals in the league.

2. Hmm.. At the moment, AW seems to be sticking with what he has in midfield. Though I hope we should invest in a DM. For me, I would prefer a B2B midfielder. In fact, I don’t know why people say Vieira is a classic DM as he is more of a attacking B2B that can defend. So what I want is a B2B that has the physical attributes of a DM and is technically brilliant ( Schneiderlin or khedira anyone?)

For big teams (433)
    Szczesny
    Debuchy- BFG- Koz- Gibbs
    Jack-Arteta-Rambo
    Sanchez-Theo-Ox

Note-Calum would definitely replace BFG when he gets old or leaves. Debuchy might be overtaken by Bellerin. Arteta will be taken out if a new DM comes. I will explain why i removed Ozil later.

For smaller teams
    (4231)
    Szczesny
    Debuchy- BFG- Koz- Gibbs
    Jack-Arteta-Rambo
    Sanchez-Theo-Ox

4.we should probably play a 433 during these games. It offers more stability and it is a formation that allows smooth, quick passes and the midfield three will allow us to dominate the midfield. Another thing is that we shouldn’t play too many dribbling-playmakers in this match. They often hold on to the ball for too long and cause us to lose possession in midfield and expose us defensively. If we do this, we won’t have to get a DM as we won’t be caught losing possession in risky areas and I’m confident that Arteta can cover well enough. And most importantly, don’t play our CB so high up the field.

1.Arsenal. (I may be a bit biased)
    2. Chelsea
    3. M.City
    4.M. United
    5.Liverpool
    6. Stoke…. Yes, I said Stoke

My suggestion

1) I would play Ozil for a maximum of 70 minutes ( this applies to all matches.) He is brilliant but he doesn’t have the biggest engine. I feel that we can keep him fitter by playing him for about 60-70 minutes hence increasing his efficiency.

2)Play a 433 formation as It gives us a chance to rotate and keep everyone fit and healthy.

3) get a CB that is young to potentially replace BFG and Koz but is good enough to threaten their starting places.

4) a physically imposing midfielder that preferably likes to defend more that attack

39. Tester says:

@Shrillex : Did you watch the World Cup? Ozil was running everywhere even at 120 mins against Algeria. His performances didn’t dip even though he played lots of minutes during the WC. If you ask me, his stamina has improved greatly since coming to Arsenal.

If the squad stays as it is & we add a B2B CM/DM , I def see a lot of rotation happening against lower teams depending on our schedule. Arteta & Flamini will be rotated with new DM in Carling Cup, same for Santi & Rosicky with Ozil. Giroud with Yaya. Poldi/Ox/Joel with Alexis & Theo. That is a lot of quality & depth.

Plus good news is that Kos is fit for the first game. Can’t wait for the new season!

H bo πŸ™‚ great comment and I like the line up a lot. Agreed re Arteta.

Steve, being analytical is an important quality for blogging on this site, so you can feel at home here! πŸ™‚

Super comment, Shrillie πŸ™‚

No Ozil and no OG in your starting teams, hmmmmm….

Gerry πŸ™‚

Maybe it is time for you to write a post for us again….. πŸ˜‰

44. Shrillex says:

Oh oops TA…. For the 433, Ozil wouldn’t be there because that is not his natural position and I feel jack can do better there than Ozil. For the 4231, he would be an undisputed first team starter. As for OG, well…I kinda derped and wrote the same team as the 433 πŸ˜›

4231

Szczesny
    Debuchy-BFG-Koz-Gibbs
    Rambo-Arteta
    Theo- Ozil- Sanchez
    Ollie

45. Shrillex says:

@Tester. Sure, he has improved his stamina drastically , however, why make him play the full 90 mins and tire him out when we could sub him and keep him fit or the next match. He could play so much more games being slightly fitter and it also gives a chance for others to prove themselves πŸ™‚

Aha that explains, Shrill. πŸ™‚

47. Tester says:

@Shrillex : Yes I understand what you mean. Then again,the whole team can chill if OG or Yaya convert their clear chances. By 60 mins, the game is up. Subs in. Opposition given up. Relax till the end. πŸ˜‰

TA – You wouldn’t like it if I wrote one with Steve’s title, ha ha.

Got big York race meeting this weekend, and BT are upgrading my connection to fibre on Tuesday. I may have to lop a few branches off the trees so the new line gets a clear run. On top of that, I am going info a bit of home TV repair over the weekend. I am not sure this small one can cope, and the sound is terrible.

But get that out of the way and I am sure I may be able to, although Steve thinks along the same lines as me. Get him to expand our thoughts on a 3-5-3 variation.

That has got your name on it Steve. And btw, if you looked at the team I put up, I had Debuchy at RB. I want Bellerin as well as, but further forward, i.e the Walcott position. Except Hector is more likely to make it to the by-line and cross. He would be a dream outlet for Ozil for whenever that space appeared?

Cheers Gerry,whatever works for you! πŸ™‚

TA – I you upgrading the UMF, can you have it so the latest entries are at the top?
    It will be quicker to enter that way?
    Just a thought?

My quick answers:
    1. Best position for Sanchez is in hole in 4-4-1-1. But in current formation on left wing.

2. Beast of a DM for me,but I understand Wenger’s point of view to some extent.

3. Szczesny, Debuchy, BFG, Koz, Gibbo, Diaby, Ramsey, Jack, Ozil, Sanchez, Ollie.

4. Don’t play Arteta, but Rosicky or Flamini. Keep it tight and sit deep, ensure enough speed in team to counter effectively.

5. Hard to predict as all have good teams and many, including us, have a point to proof. I am worried about our depth in defence and any new purchases will now need time to be eased in. Same goes for DM, which we will no longer get IMO… But I am being told to keep the fate, so:
    1. The mighty Arse
    2. Manure
    3. The southern Oilers
    4. The Dippers
    5. The northern Oilers
    6. The Toffees

COYG!

53. Frozen says:

Sanchez is a perfect candidate for the LW or RW free-role position (a la santi cathorla).
    However his versatility will prove him to be lethal from any attacking role.
    He could also be used as a clever false 9.

Classic DM for me. Although the prospect of Ram-dira as two box-to-boxers obviously has its appeal.

I believe the first eleven will fluctuate quite a bit this season as we find our most effective formation and personnel… Towards the end of the season im guessing it will probably look something like this (in a fluid 4-3-3)

Ospina
    Debuchy Mert Koz Gibbs
    Chambers/DM Ramsey
    Jack
    Ozil Sanchez Walcott/Ox

To avoid the mega losses: doesnt matter if we get scored on, just as long as we score more πŸ™‚

IF we get the DM then..

1 .Arsenal
    2. Chelsea
    3. Man U
    4. City
    5. Tottenham
    6. Liverpool

COYG!!!!!!

@VCC.. My prediction : Everton, Spurs, Chelsea, City away win and Arsenal home win.

And I hope the opening game between MU vs Swansea will be draw.. Cause Swansea have a stronger team with Shane long, Gomis and Sigurdsoon.. And MU players some still injured.. Van Gaal will be shock with EPL.. hahahaha..
    I hope Soton can also find their way back after losing so much good players.. and give Liverpool a good shock also..

correction : Shane Long is Soton player not Swansea..

56. geoffchase says:

TA

Been too busy and travelling next week later so… Anyway:

1. Matchups is the answer! I would play him in the position where I thought he would either match up to a player he could dominate with speed or strength or guile. Or where doing so would pull another top player out of position the help out or cover him. I.e. use him where he can create the most consternation. The ultimate example is Suarez who generally create difficulty with any matchup but..

2. Classic B2B more for me. I think we just need athleticism. So, my surprise call is Ox who I think has the maturity to go with the physicality to a more defensive part of that *if* required. given our offensive firepower he could do so against top teams and we would excel perhaps.

3. Depends on the game then, but some combo of

GK

Debuchy – Per/Koz – Gibbs

Ox / AR

Theo/Cazorla/Pod Ozil /JW Alexis/JW

OG/Campbell/Alexis

all by matchup… but likely the first names first up there. For a bus parked team Alexis up front and JW on wing or middle with Ozil on the other

4. Top teams away = stack the middle and be more conservative, play on the break. This takes out OG and puts Joel perhaps up front with Alexis on a wing and Theo on the other. Pace to burn and sit back.

Top teams home = slightly more balanced as above perhaps.

5. Top 3 (no order, all within 5pts) = Arsenal / City / Chelsea

Next 3 (no order all within 12pts of top) = Pool / Utd / Everton/Spurs

That’s all I know for now … cheers — jgc

57. geoffchase says:

A further answer to an unanswered question

Any one player now, realistically = Carvalho

cheers — jgc

58. geoffchase says:

argh **un**ASKED** .. sigh.. jgc

And I think by the end of this week Arsenal will be on the top.. hahahaha..
    Cause Tony Pulis leaving Palace suddenly.. It will demotivade all the squad..
    And if Wenger can do it right.. We will win with a big scores.. maybe the biggest ever..
    Go Gunners..

Hi Henry…….thanks for your entries in the UMF. You are the tenth member…..double figures…yayyyyyyyy.

Where are

Harmonious
    Dylan
    Oz
    Prince
    JB
    Total

Shame we cannot entice a female to join in.

We have one new member jozefos, welcome aboard.

61. Retsub says:

VCC. I would like to join if possible. what do I need to do?

Hi Retsub…nice one.

Go to the UMF rules and predictions tab at top of page . click on it and then scroll to bottom.

Select 5 fixtures in this weeks premier league and post.

1 point for correct home.
    2 points for correct away
    3 points for correct draw.

One Joker allowed per season. cheers Vcc

63. proudgooner says:

1- Sanchez hmmm , the truth is i don’t know his best position. I am looking forward to watching him play and getting to know him a bit better. Then il try and work out imo how we get the best out of him.
    Like some of the guys said though, i would love for him to become our Suarez / Aguaro style hitman.

2- My best XI when everyone is fit.
    This to is tricky, there is about 4 players that i really want to pick that i can’t, we could now field 2 strong teams , we have that depth we all wanted.
    Ok best XI—-

———————————————Wojciech Szczesny———————————-
    Mathieu Debuchy——–Per Mertesacker———–Laurent Koscielny——-Kieran Gibbs
    ——————————————-Mikel Arteta—————————————
    ——————————————————–Aaron Ramsey—————————
    Theo Walcott——————————-Mesut Ozil——————————-Alexis Sanchez
    —————————————-take you pick OG, Sanogo or Campbell.? il go for OG for now but that could change very quickly to either of the other 2 πŸ™‚

64. proudgooner says:

I stil believe Podolski can have a massive season for us and i really want him and Cazorla in the side . Riosicky too. and the Ox and Jack etc i could go on and on.

65. proudgooner says:

I think playing Ozil on a wing is a waste, he can do and excellent job there . But for exvample in my line if Ozil was on the left wing and Theo on the right he would not be able to find Theo very often so for me in the middle is by far the best. Ozil and Cazorla should be rotated imo to keep both fresh

66. proudgooner says:

TOTL il do the top 4 TA, we are Arsenal in the Wenger era , we don’t do outside the top four ha ha ha ha πŸ™‚ will leave that for the spuds to consider.
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    City
    United

67. proudgooner says:

So we have 3 game in 7 days.
    That is a tough start considering traveling to Turkey and back, then away to Everton.
    3 Big and important games,9 points please., Lucky we have a big squad., we will need it straight from the start.

68. The Cockie Monster says:

” and remember it is just a bit of fun ! “…….I don’t like fun posts !…..I`m here to Doom and by 19:30 tomorrow, there will be a lot of Dooming once Palace have done a smash and grab act !.

1) What to do with Alexis Sanchez ?. Am I the only one who thinks he needs roughing up a bit ?………fcuk me, he looks like one of those LadyBoys Stretch keeps telling me about !. Arsene needs to break his ( Alexis ) nose with his wallet !.

2) No idea !. Every man and his dogging session knows Arsene needs a SQ DM Beast !….and we`ve got Arteta who promotes Stannah Stairlifts and Diaby who has a defibrillator fitted to his cock in case he breaks a finger nail !.

3) A stupid question !. I have been supporting Arsenal over 50 years and we have never had a full fit squad, they are pansies today compared to the late 60`s and early 70`s……I remember Peter Storey playing through the pain barrier of an amputated leg !.

4) Which 3 things would I do to ensure we don’t get humiliated by the top teams ?.
    1) Buy another SQ player !
    2) Buy another SQ player !
    3) Buy another SQ player !.

Chelsea
    Manshafter Std
    Mansour City
    Liverscum
    Everton
    The Spuds

6) Wenger will be assassinated

7) I will plead insanity !

8) Greece will get out of recession by being sponsored by Aero (chocolate bar )…….it`s full of bubbles !.

9) Talking of Bubbles !. I once heard Michael Jackson in his bedroom singing….” I`m forever blowing Bubbles ! “, so naturally thought he must be a West Ham supporter !, that’s until I peeked through the door and see him sucking off his pet chimp !.

10) Because we have so many Krauts at Arsenal, I have taken up learning the German accent !

PS
    If none of you like my Dooming, well you can…….” Shutten Zee Fucken Uppen ! “.

Cockie….. πŸ™‚

70. AFC says:

MERTESACKER HAS JUST RETIRED FROM INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL!!!

AFC…at 29 I think thats good for Arsenal that he will concentrate the rest of his career to us.

72. proudgooner says:

Cocker of Doom!,
    Here here! or Terry Butcher covered in claret heading the ball even though he has cut to bits.
    Or Pele in escape to victory. As you said if your leg has not been chopped of then you should play on.

73. proudgooner says:

VCC,
    O n the daily Arsenal, Adrian just ripped Per to bits slating him saying he was at fault for all Arseals loses last season , that J.Low would not have won the world cup if he carried on playing Per. ….. Bollocks
    The BFG is a great player and can become an Arsenal legend, yes he lacks a bit of pace, but not as much as people make out.
    Take Per out of our team and we would really have a small side, his height is important to our team, he is great on set pieces. His height at the cost of a little speed is needed in our team.
    We have just started winning silver again and he has played a very big part in that, he is also a Gooner and vice captain, imo he should be captain, really him and Arteta are both Captains out there anyway
    COYG
    ADRIAN , YOU TALK SHITE

I take it there isn’t a Fantasy League this season?

75. davydavy says:

Yep, I’ve been looking out for that too!

76. The Cockie Monster says:

Mertesnailer retired from International football !………exactly 10 years after he retired from sprinting !.
    As much as I think Mertesacker is an Arsenal ledge, I wonder whether his comical Giraffe on Ice productions ( that near costly incident in the FA Cup Final won him best newcomer at the keystone cops awards ! ) outweigh his high organisational skills or visa-versa !.

77. The Cockie Monster says:

Hey PG !…….Why are you not in VCC`s UMFL ( Ugly Muvver Fcuker League )…..you`re on site enough !…….plus our great Aussie mate, alex, has said he will put up another Arsenal prize again !.
    Alex the Great is an Electrician, so is probably the richest and only non ex-convict in Australia !. hahaha

Proudgooner…….Most of TalkShite are anti Arsenal……Morning show Alan Brazil (Spud) Afternoon show Hawkesby & Jacobs ( Chav and Spud) and Adrian ginger knob head Durham.

They all have a dig at Arsenal, it’s their way of getting through the day. I don’t listen to their crap any more.

The only one worth listening to is Mid Morning show Colin Murray. Try it, he is very funny and appears to be neutral.

As for Durham, he only keeps his job because his style of journalism is to sensationalize things and be controversial, so don’t let him wind you up, that’s exactly what he wants, nd lots of Gooners listen to the show and phone in. I think Gooners should boycott him, then see how long he keeps his job because his rating would plumit dramatically.

As for Per, I must admit I do fear for him this season. The top 5 managers have sussed him out good and proper, I’m afraid he is one of the reasons we get caught out when we play the big boys. They expose his pace and manoeuvreability. I’m sure Wenger has purchased Chambers with a view to replace him for Merts.

I love his attitude but I do feel Klopp may have been right. I sincerely hope I’m wrong of course.

Hey Cocker…..love and kisses to your better half. Hope she is on the mend Amigo.

Gerry 20:08……..I’ve entered several dream teams this year.

You can enter most of them with one free entry. Worth a punt, some one has to win. A guy who played for my team enjoyed seeing his Son win Β£1000 last season by being top one week.

81. steve says:

Cockie, love the comments lol. I’ve tried to do some dooming of my own but attempted to add a little bit of my own over analyzing style to the mix;

Based on days gone by when seeing two or even three starting XI defenders out injured was a regular thing at Arsenal – Last season was the exception to the rule not the other way around.

These lists are not preferences or who I think goes best with each other they are just random so no need to comment on that point – I just used the squad sheet and filled in the list.

Midfield
    1. Arteta and Flamini
    They get injured
    2. Diaby and Ramsey
    They get injured
    3. Coquelin and Rosicky
    Three whole SETS of replacement choices – not bad so far, fair play Wenger

Attacking Midfield
    1. Campbell, wilshere, chambo
    They get injured
    2. Sanchez, Ozil, Walcott
    They get injured
    3. Miyaichi, Cazorla, Gnabry
    Still three whole SETS of replacement choices – still not bad so far, fair play Wenger

Strikers
    1. Giroud
    He gets injured
    2. Sanogo
    He gets injured
    3. Podolski
    He gets injured
    4. Akpom
    Four replacement choices – still not bad so far, fair play again Wenger

Defenders
    1. Debuchy, BFG, Koscielny, gibbs
    They get injured
    2. Bellerin, Chambers, Miquel, Monreal

Wow if the first choice four is out we are left with three complete youngsters and Monreal PMSL – and that’s it! Lol, no other defensive choices.
    Can anyone see the SLIGHT imbalance to our squad at the moment, I thought (quite contently) obviously Wenger did but now one day away from the start of the season I’m not so f*cking sure lol.
    Every season we say we need stronger defensive cover and now we’ve finally got some money are you really going to tell me we’re not going to actually do it?

Fabian Schar, kostas Manolas, Daniel Agger, Matheus Doria, Jetro Willems, Samuel Umtiti – get them all on the plane! Lol

Ha ha my contribution to the dooming

82. The Cockie Monster says:

Thanks Vic`s !. πŸ˜€ I shall repeat what the missus say`s to me………” One day at a time ! “.

Hi stevie baby !. πŸ˜€
    Yes, I am the resident voice of Doom !…..aka…..The Protector of The Chart of Doom, A Doom with a view !, Va Va Doom !, Tick tick tick Doom !, Doom Raider ! etc`.
    The thing is, if we all did nothing but praise The Arsenal and bow down to Lord Wenger on every word he says then we might as well be giving each other a virtual cyber blow job !. hahaha
    Having a different view and opinion on BK is always good for blogging as long as we don’t abuse each other and it`s this criteria which all the other BK bastards understand and has been executed perfectly……..as were any people who criticised it !. hahaha

83. steve says:

Can’t get that tick tick tick boom song out of my damn head now!
    Cheers for that cockie!
    πŸ™‚

Message to recently joined BK bloggers. VCC organises a fantastic competition called the UMF League. It is free to join and you have to predict five pl games results every week. If interested go to page called ‘UMF League 2014-2015’, and predict five PL weekend games. πŸ™‚

Sorry guys no FF League this year. HH organised it last year but I reckon he is too busy to set one up this year round. I find it quite boring but if somebody else wants to set it up again, be my guest. πŸ™‚

VCC – I can only manage one team, and that ended up a mid table fantasy πŸ˜€

I have already signed up to Fantasy Premier League, same as last season.

So Totes, and others, if you want to make a League it takes no management to run it. As long as you don’t commit to another league, all it needs is is a name for the League, register it. Then the ‘reference number’ can be posted at the top, with TA’s permission, and it runs according to the FPL rules. Simples!
    You have until 11.30bst today, Saturday, to get a team set up. It is free to enter!
    My suggestion for the name, along with a bit of advertising:

BK Best Bloggers – or something of that ilk? Other suggestions welcome?

I will be happy to register it, btw

I just had a serious virus alert pop up whilst writing my suggestions for the game/
    I hope BK is not infected?

The object in question was JS\Fake codec.

Be warned.

So I will be briefer.

We need pace out wide. So Bellerin in for Wilshere. Santi in the middle, behind Alexis and Sanogo.
    Kos will not be risked, as with Diaby. Pack the bench with starters for midweek.

Simples!

This was my longer version I thought I had lost…..

I have already posted a comment on Desi Gunner, but it follows similar lines as here.

Palace will cram the midfield and PTB, but will try to counter down the flanks. And try and get as many set pieces as possible, to test out our CBs.

For all the same reasoning about Diaby, I doubt Kos will start, and only come on if necessary, by pushing Chambers into midfield if were are struggling to break them down.

My solution, and I will keep banging this drum until it is a proven failure, which I doubt.
    So my line up is this
    ———————————Szcz
    Debuchy————Chambers—– Monreal——Gibbs
    —————————–Arteta—————————–
    Bellerin —————————————-Ramsey
    ————————Cazorla————————-
    ————-Sanogo—————–Alexis

bench: Martinez; Koscielny; Flamini; Ox; Wilshere; Giroud; Campbell.

Pace in transition provided by Bellerin and Ramsey, overlaps from Gibbs and Debuchy, and cover provided by the aforementioned.
    Chambers can step out to assist Arteta if a lone striker attacks,and again Bellerin and Ramsey are quick enough to get back if an attack breaks down.
    Creativity left to Cazorla in a free role, and along with movement from Alexis and Sanogo. Good options on the bench if this fails.

p.s. I had the same virus alert come up on the previous connection, from NewsNow. It has not come up when I copied this message over, which is the only reason I am reposting it. Okay!

Gerry, please go ahead registering a BK bespoke FF League. I have no time this morning, so your help is much appreciated. πŸ™‚

91. The Cockie Monster says:

I`ve just come back from the future where there`s a NEW POST !…..I`m going further back now to tell the last post about this new post !…..obviously the bastard above me is on drugs !.