Just a quick match summary as I am on my hols. Watched the game in a bar in Rhodes owned by a rather gleeful Olympiakos supporter. There were three screens around and a few bottles of Mythos (owned by Amstel/Heiniken) helped me through the low tempo and penetration lacking first half. Second half saw us up the tempo, yet without losing our composure, and we finally cracked the Wasps’ nest without getting stung once. Three good team goals gave us the win and much needed three points given the results of earlier played games.
- Ozil was fantastic throughout the game: fully focused and keen to win this one. Two great assists that made all the difference. I loved the way he used both legs to penetrate Watford’s defence for the first goal with the ball glued to his feet. The master.
- Sanchez’s hunger to not wait for the referee to give a penalty after Mesut was fouled. Boom in the net: have that!
- Giroud right foot rocket: form crisis my Arsenal!
- CoCa fizzes once more, mastering the midfield with ease. I loved Santi’s control and calm and Le Coq was the rock once more
- Cech oozed calm and control and that reflected on the defence
- Koz we love you. Fought hardest with Rambo to keep momentum with us. Love him.
- Rambo was everywhere and finally got his goal. Instrumental in never giving Watford a chance to get into the game. Does the dirty work with pleasure and has so much to offer this team. Calm feet for the goal and earned his luck. More to come.
- full backs are our weapon of width destruction. Spanish flies who never give up. Love them.
really good, professional win and I am proud of the boys.