Still on my hols and floating on sunshine and lederhosen victory. What a great win and all round performance by the boys. Beating both MU and BM in the space of a few weeks, without conceding once, is the stuff of progress and dreams. Of course, it is early season still and there will be many trials and tribulations ahead of us, but these wins are vital for confidence and building a winners’ mentality.
We have to do it again against the well rested Toffees who always give us a hard time at home. Luckily, the team will not underestimate Everton and will want to dig deep, especially as a win will lift us to the top of the table.
I hate typing on an IPad but the show must go on, so here are five quick, pertinent questions for you?
- Who should replace Ramsey? We need somebody with the endurance, close ball control and defensive abilities of Rambo, whilst also staying calm when under pressure. For me that man is not the Ox, but Bellerin, with Debuchy moving into the FB position, could excel in this role…but what do you think?
- Theo’s running of the ball gives us a counterattacking style of football, and he almost scores a goal in every game, but Giroud is too good to keep him happy on the bench as our supersub: is it time to start playing him more in the PL?
- We all love Alexis, but by all accounts he left us exposed a few times against Bayern, which could have cost us dearly. The season is long and we cannot become too overdepend on him, as a long term injury would cost us badly. Is it time to start Ox on the left wing a few times?
- Gibbsy is too good to be on the bench, but Nacho is the big cheese on the left wing right now, and we all love him. I wonder whether Kieran could be turned into a DM ala Le Coq, or maybe get the left wing slot with us playing both Theo and OG up front?
- Is it time to promote Iwobi into the first team? Two goals against the mini lederhosen is some achievement and new blood could be doping to the team?
So what do yo say FFGs? 💣💥