The Team to Beat Barcelona

So it is Barcelona again! Of course we should show respect to the current CL holders and no doubt they will be the favourites once again, but we should not fear them.

_85903602_motmreuters

The draw sexy Alexis will have been hoping for!

From having Cech in goal to avoid inexperienced mistakes, to Alexis giving his all to beat his former paymasters; andΒ from Theo terrorising the high back-line, to Ozil, Santi and Ramsey finding the gaps with and without the ball; and from our full backs springing a surprise, to Giroud creating space for our midfielders… we have weapons to hurt the Catalans. Our recent 2-0 home win against Bayernlona will help a lot in this respect, and if we can manage a similar score-line, we have something the fight for at the Camp Nou. The one thing to hope for is UEFA selecting their best referees for both legs, and then we have a fair and mouth-watering battle to look forward to.

I reckon with this team we could hurt them, especially if all are fit and we can field a strong bench as well:

Arsenal v Barc

Bench: Ospina/Szczesny(?), Gibbs, Gabriel, Wilshere, Giroud, Campbell.

So bring on the Catalans, and let’s play football! πŸ™‚

By TotalArsenal.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to The Team to Beat Barcelona

Hey B-Kampers, just a quick lunch time post to cover the Barca draw. Catch you later. πŸ™‚

2. WizardOfOz says:

Welbeck? What happened to him…

Could make the bench, if he is fit again then. I would prefer Campbell over Welbeck I think, but good shout.

4. Admir says:

Hi, TA. Nice snack. πŸ˜€

1.Santi won’t be back by the time we play Barcelona.

2.I would rather go with:

Cech

Bellerin Kos Gab Nacho

Coq/Wanyama Rambo

Theo Ozil Alexis

Welbeck

Welbeck’s return is essential for us, I think. He has pace and strength to put Barca defenders on back-foot.

Vidal and Arda Turan will be ready to go though.

We will have a chance if we have our best team available.

Yes, I signed Wanyama in my head. He played a huge role in Celtic’s victory over Barca back then.

5. FMJ14 says:

Hi Admir, I like the look of your team selection, though I reckon it could be Theo up top and Campbell on the right. Wanyama would be great and an improvement on our back up DMs but I don’t think Wenger is in the market for a DM as I suspect he is thinking longer term e.g. the development of Chambers as another DM. We have a chance of winning of course, this is football and we must believe we can, though I suspect we will go out at this stage (not a bad thing) allowing us to focus fully on the premier league title. Title is very important now and I don’t think with our current injury luck/curse we can challenge for both. Much more likely for me seeing us go far in the champions league next year or year after with the solving of the injury crises and a few additions – through the market and/or internally as our players continue to mature.

6. Admir says:

FMJ- hi. πŸ™‚ I agree with you that our squad might be over-stretched to make the big double. The thing is, our most difficult period in the league will be before the game against Barcelona – January with Liverpool and Stoke away and Chavs at home is arguably the most important month of all. If we, say, make a serious gap (7-9 points) ahead of City as the most serious rivals before the first leg against Barca, we might go for both.

Admir, short legs heal quicker than long ones, so the Sant will be back before the end of Feb. I think you massively overrate Welbeck but horses for courses and all that… πŸ™‚

8. jw1 says:

β™«β™ͺ It don’t come easy–
    Ya’ know it don’t come easy
    I don’t ask for much, i only want your trust,
    And you know it don’t come easy. β™«β™ͺ

AFC. It don’t come easy.

jw1

9. Admir says:

@TA – could be true but I don’t expect Santi back before April. Jack, however… He might be like a new signing! πŸ˜€

Jack next to Le Coq would work as well, Admir.

11. FMJ14 says:

Vardy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Admir says:

@TA – yep. I have a feeling that combo could afford Jack’s lack of positional awareness and desire to drive forward. After all, his best game ever could be the one against Xaviesta at the Emirates four years ago.

Imagine that an angel came to our sleep in August 2015 and said:

“Thou shalt watch Leicester v Chelsea. One shalt be your rival and the other would be in relegation zone. Which score thou shalt want?”

Most of us would sign 2:0 for Leicester, right?

13. FMJ14 says:

Yesssss!!!! Chelski lose again… :)))))

Well done Leicester…

It so looks like the Chavs do not want to score, almost like they are missing chances on purpose. Where is Cockiemonster, the biggest Mourinho lover in Gooner land now, hey?! πŸ˜‰

16. Jnyc says:

In a challege like barca, the biggest miss will be le coquelin .. without him we are just trying to get by, not replaceable , in house, or in transfer market. He’s a game changer.
    Also hurts against man city im thinking.. if i remember well, he shut down Silva before.

Yes important player Johnnie. Let’s hope FlamRam will be solid next Monday! 😳

18. njk84sg says:

The qn is that will Le Coq be fit by then..

If not we really have to get someone like Wanyama or someone better in the winter window.

Not a good day.. Chavs did not manage to draw Leicester, and we are 2nd.. plus we have Barca in 2 months time.. not what the doctor prescibed, and all i can say is get the top spot back against Manc Shi**y.

Cheers
    JK

I was listening to a PodCast this evening, featuring Phillipe Auclair, the French football journalist, Anglophile and Arsenal fan…
    He said that he 99-100% certain that Arsenal we’re going to bring in one and possible two players this January and that the club were working extremely hard to make this happen especially in the wake of the injuries to Santi n Coq…

He said that they wouldn’t be the popular names being bandied about in the Press at this time…

84, have some perspective buddy. :))

Don’t do gossip, Allezkev, but I feel we wil buy in January, but OGAAT for me.

22. njk84sg says:

Haha yes.

Even if we win against Manc we still need Leicester to lose their weekend game. Though it is not possible but in the long run we might see some gaps between us and the rest if we get our results.

I remember too clearly that we bury ourselves in a heap when we lose the champions league games, losing the next few games before slowly picking ourselves up and get back the top four spot.

Let’s hope this year we get ourselves in a good shape and not let history repeat itself.

Cheers,
    JK

23. shrillex says:

I see AW bringing in new players in Jan in the CM/DM role. Can’t see AW not reinforcing the squad with Barca coming up and with Coq out till March. Flamini is decent but I doubt he’ll survive Barca’s onslaught.

arseblog
    arseblog – ‏@arseblog

Lost: One dressing room. If found please contact J Mourinho, London.

84, if Leicester can stay ahead of us all season then I will duff my cap, buddy! πŸ™‚

Hahaha Allezkev, they are probably hiding on a warm beach somewhere, telling Mourinho jokes. πŸ™‚

New Post πŸ™‚