I did a few commercial bids in my life and one of the typical questions that would be thrown at me at some point was: if the client were to join you unexpectedly in a lift to the top floor and asks ‘why should I pick you?’ What would you say? You have little time to make an impression and this is your only chance before they make a decision….
This is no moment for verbosity; your response needs to fit in a perfect nutshell.
Now just imagine that C19 does not exist; you have entered the lift of the Shard building in London on your own, and just as the doors are closing Mikel Arteta enters. He sees you wearing your favourite Arsenal shirt and is in a jovial mood. He gets close and looks you in the eyes. He says what language would you like me to speak cause I can speak all. You say English is fine with me compadre, whilst getting a bit hot under The Shirt. Okay he says: tell me what you think. I am about to meet the BoD and they want to know answers to three questions on which they will act immediately:
- Which one player should we buy for the team, budget is £50m (excluding salary costs)?
- Which youngster should we give a five year contract and give at least 20 PL starts next season?
- Which two players should we sell to re-coop £25-30m?
- And for all three questions… tell me why? You have thirty seconds….
- Anything else you would like to add?
Over to you fine fellow bloggers.