Isn’t it great to have a break from club football? I probably would not be saying this if the Euros weren’t about to start, but I feel we all needed a break: the players, managers and supporters.
Last season can only be seen as a transitional one and we’ll need to see a step improvement in the coming one. Arteta will need this summer to make the required squad changes: a few more need to leave after the successful winter moves and a few additions would be nice. But the squad is good and working with them to implement the next stage of the Arteta revolution is key. It’s more about style and system of football, and having good time to work on this, than player acquisitions.
Still, I think Arteta has the following squad-related questions to deal with:
- The GK situation: who is Nr1 and Nr2? Do we need to buy a Nr1 or Nr2?
- What to do with Saliba and Mavropanos? Let’s assume Holding, Mari and Big Gab are all staying, who is to become the fourth CB?
- Are we sorted with FBs? Do we need an extra LFB? Do we need a top RFB?
- Central midfield: will AMN and Willock’s return be enough for strong midfield options? How to get the best out of Partey?
- How to get more assists from midfield? Will ESR be our main man? Do we need to buy? Can we get Odegaard for another season? Can Azeez step up?
- How can we get more goals from our experienced attackers: Auba, Laca, Pepe and Willian? Do we need to sell one or two and get a strong in the air CF?
- Who should be captain?
- What to do with the loan returnees: Guendo, Torreira and Kola especially?
Over to you fine fellow Gooners! 😁