I am Starting to Believe in the Title.
No Monday morning blues for me, today. Max, the Dennis Bergkamp of F1 racing, became World Champion and Arsenal made a huge PL statement by finally beating Pool again on Sunday. Driving through Embra this morning, the City was draped in Venetian sunlight, everybody was polite and beautiful, every traffic light was on green and the music on radio three was heavenly (even the occasional stress jazz song)! Yes, an Arsenal win like the one on Sunday makes you walk on sunshine.
Eight short observations before I will watch the game again:
- Gabriel Teodoro Martinelli Silva, I salute you. What a game he’s had. A peach of an assist and a very well taken goal. But the hunger and desire were something else all together. There was not a single right full back in the country who slept gently last night. I have had my doubts about Martinelli’s effectiveness, but no more. Gabriel M has arrived.
- The shoulder charge of Saliba on Diaz was outrageous! See link in comments. Nobody will bully us anymore is what William was saying! I loved it.
- There is not a left full back left in the country who doesn’t have Bukayo nightmares. Saka is less dynamic than Martinelli but equally dangerous and always effective. And what a nerve to take and convert the penalty. Beyond his years!
- Tomiyasu as our bully right back was a brilliant move by Mikel. Did Mo Salah turn once effectively inside on to his left foot?! And how many of TAA’s typical diagonal crosses did we see? Indeed, not many. Tomi the Tank Engine, what a move by Arteta!
- Gabriel Jesus and Martin Odegaard have so much in common. They will do the dirty work all day long, and yet, when they shine it is with Bergkampesque radiance. These two move mountains for Arsenal, without them we are nothing. Oh, and what a throughball for our first goal by the Ode.
- Then there is the So Solid Crew: Saliba, White, Ramsdale, Gabriel, Xhaka and Partey. All are rocks in tumultuous seas. Big Gab is still a bit jittery at times but in general there is a lot of calm solidity in our team.
- The home support really were special once again. Thank you from all those who could not be there.
- Arsenal are TOTL whilst having played MU away and Spuds and Pool at home in their first nine games. Citeh only played MU at home of last season’s top six. I am starting to believe my friends.