Arsenal v Olympiacos – 8PM – 27 Feb 2020
Not much time for a full on preview but we know the opponent from last week’s post and game, and we also know we need to put up a strong team to make it through to the next round.
Who will Mikel pick to start? Well that depends on how his squad performed during training, as it should be. The manager will want to give a few ‘fringe’ players a chance to gain some proper match practice but they will have to convince him to be ready. It is a must-win game after all so there is no place for false sentiments. Only the best will be selected.
Furthermore, we are on full view tonight and the EL is a big cup to win, so Mikel will not give players a chance to impress him if he is not sure they are ready to deliver.
So who could start tonight? Hard to guess given the above and that we will be playing (lowely) Portsmouth on Monday, but I will have a try anyway.
Predicted (and desired) Line-Up
Key questions are:
- Is Saka fit enough to play? With Kola out and Tierney not ready yet, we may struggle to fill this position. Maybe Bellerin can play LFB tonight?
- Will Arteta break up the flowering Luiz-Mus partnership? Don’t think so.
- On the right we could see Big Sok starting again. We need him to whisper Greek obsenities into our opponents ears…
- Does Arteta select Xhaka again? I think so.
- Who will he play next to Xhaka? Probably Curly Guendo, but maybe he feels he needs to give Torro a start again. I hope the latter is the case.
- Willock or Ozil in the hole? Gut feeling is it will be Joe. Big game for him if he gets selected.
- Is Nelson ready to shine? I feel he is but Pepe is starting to break through and Arteta will want to continue his progress…
- Auba is a likely starter, given his form and captaincy.
- Up-top it could be either Eddie, Laca or Marti. I feel Laca will get the nod, given that he was also part of the press conference, but Marti is keen is to shine again too. Must be Laca.